Pakistan: Female Teachers trained with weapons to fight Terrorists

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by texasjohn View Post
    Interesting you said that. I have a friend of mine who is a member of local the swat team,had a couple of ideas I thought were novel for the "not so well trained":

1. Rather than pepper spray have a can of wasp spray sitting around. Looks innocent but has a 15-20 foot range. Go for the eyes! this dude will have to go to a hospital if he wants to see again.

2. Also rather than go for a face to face confrontation where the intruder will be better trained, when you know he is in the vicinity pop off a couple of rounds ( in the ceiling if you have to). It will make the attacker pause and wonder where the shots came from. Good time to make good your escape if you are weaker.

Granted this was directed at my wife in the event she was alone at home and was in danger. Similar, only on a grander scale?
    1. If they can hit the eyes at such ranges, a firearm does the job better.
    2. I don't think crazies will stop and pause.

Comment

All they need is a double barreled shotgun and fire two blasts in the air. Just ask the Vice President.

Really, I think this is a good idea, and the AK makes much more sense than a handgun. It is easier to fire, eaiser to aim and has better stopping power. As for the idea that teh teachers are no match for the Jihadis attacking, true - but they at least have a fighting chance.

As for giving the bad guys guns, I don't think this is a real issue in Pakistan.
      "Bother", said Poo, chambering another round.

Comment

Originally posted by chanjyj View Post
        1. If they can hit the eyes at such ranges, a firearm does the job better.
        2. I don't think crazies will stop and pause.
        The tips I put out was more for home self defense I guess. The point I was making was to surprise the attacker. I dont think a crazed Talibunny will try to charge my house here in Texas...:-)

Comment

Originally posted by tuna View Post
          All they need is a double barreled shotgun and fire two blasts in the air. Just ask the Vice President.

Really, I think this is a good idea, and the AK makes much more sense than a handgun. It is easier to fire, eaiser to aim and has better stopping power. As for the idea that teh teachers are no match for the Jihadis attacking, true - but they at least have a fighting chance.

As for giving the bad guys guns, I don't think this is a real issue in Pakistan.
          If the altercation were to occur in a field somewhere at 100m I would agree that the AKM is the far more suitable weapon. In the context of the close confines of a classroom, I'd argue that a pistol is the better option.

The way I see it, the teachers only have one potential advantage over any Jihadis that come calling. That is the ability to appear unarmed and nonthreatening until they have an opportunity to produce a hidden pistol and try to turn the tables on their assailants.

In any straight up fight with militants, the teachers will lose. Badly. Their only hope of successful resistance is to utilize subterfuge. A hidden weapon makes this a possibility, while an obvious weapon one just gets you executed first.

Comment

I would hate to be a kid in this school who does not do his homework...

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
            X