X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tearful but proud daughter salutes Col MN Rai

Tearful but proud daughter salutes braveheart Col MN Rai

Times of India-11 hours ago
    NEW DELHI: Emotions ran high as Colonel Munindra Nath Rai, killed by militants on Tuesday in Kashmir, was laid to rest at the Brar Square ...

Tearful but proud daughter salutes braveheart Col MN Rai - The Times of India
    Rest in Peace!

A very proud and brave soldier lost.
    Last edited by Deltacamelately; 30 Jan 15,, 08:25.
    sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

R.I.P. Colonel!

Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

RIP
      A sad loss of a fine man.

Delta Sir, is it usual for unit commanders to lead such operations directly?
      I thought that was what Lts, Capts and Majors were for.
      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

We have ample Officers who still take in on themselves to lead their men from the front.

Comment

Colonel Rai was not on a killing spree. He was trying to get the insurgents surrender.

Comment

Present Arms.
            Chimo

Comment

RIP the late Col.

Comment

A horrible loss, one that will hopefully be avenged.
                “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

RR has been taking some serious hits of late. In most cases the casualties have been in trying to avoid collateral damage. In this case too a family stepped out. Cowards.

I personally want the gloves getting off in such cases, in the future of course.

Comment

Colonel,

You can't. The ONLY way you can win this ... as to show you have more honour than they have blood.
                    Chimo

Comment

Rest In Peace.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                        Colonel,

You can't. The ONLY way you can win this ... as to show you have more honour than they have blood.
                        Sir,

That's exactly what the InA has been doing for all these years. I have a feeling that mopping the floor alone won't solve things. The running taps are the ones to be closed.

Comment

Also the Indian Army's casualty appetite has been pretty high for ages. Time to scale it down and lower the tolerance aspect as well. It takes decades to groom such fine soldiers and then waste them in a trifle.

Comment

Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
                            Also the Indian Army's casualty appetite has been pretty high for ages. Time to scale it down and lower the tolerance aspect as well. It takes decades to groom such fine soldiers and then waste them in a trifle.
                            I have always been saying that no mercy should be shown to terrorists. They are better dead. This fuck shot the Colonel from the back, while the Colonel was engaged in talks with the terrorist's father for the douche to surrender. Our politicians never learn. Why not declare to the world, to everyone, that any single terrorist attack and we'll be marching into Rawalpindi. When do we say nuff'?
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Every death is a loss. Every incident a new lesson.
                              This this the human cost that a nation pay for its freedom.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                              X