No announcement yet.

Terror Attacks in Paris : 17 killed, Terrorists dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Blademaster: "Somebody is trying to take what you fought for because it threatens them.What will it take for these people to realise that a cartoon cannot possibly do that and the sooner they realise it the stronger they will become."

Well said. The more outraged you say you are by cartoons, comments or lyrics the more attention people focus on your target which is the best favour you can do for an obscure magazine, stand up comic, rap artist whatever. Nothing sells like controversy and all of a sudden you've increased your adversary's customer base.

Comment

• Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      I am done with the notion that I have to be respectful toward someone else simply because they have an imaginary friend. The most absurd thing I've heard in all this debate? "You can insult me, but not the prophet." The 'prophet' is an invisible friend and as such can fuck off
      Here's something more to chew on.

In TV debates in India, bunches of mullahs and Muslim "community leaders" have come and proclaimed that "while they strongly condemn the violence"(), they also protest against defaming their beloved prophet. Interestingly in the "condemning" part they speak about how the prophet was supremely tolerant of those abusing him

So my question to the Muslim community, if your prophet did not object to someone abusing him how dare you do so?

To be clear, I personally thought the CH carton were ludicrous. I would go about challenging someone's reasoning about their religion and prophet, not childishly insulting said prophet and therefore their identity. But in a liberal democracy, the space for juvenile opinions and creations need to exist to.

The folks who hated CH cartoon would have actually achieved much better results, if they simply used the carton to show off the cartons. France's liberal community would have been outraged against CH instead of standing with them.
      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• People who are easily offended really offend me. My imaginary friend is not amused.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sitting Bull View Post
          Blademaster: "Somebody is trying to take what you fought for because it threatens them.What will it take for these people to realise that a cartoon cannot possibly do that and the sooner they realise it the stronger they will become."

Well said. The more outraged you say you are by cartoons, comments or lyrics the more attention people focus on your target which is the best favour you can do for an obscure magazine, stand up comic, rap artist whatever. Nothing sells like controversy and all of a sudden you've increased your adversary's customer base.
          That wasn't my point. I'm saying people who feel less offended become stronger. Less vulnerable.

All these protests about offence to me are just displays of weakness.

Whose weakness ? the people. kept in place by interests who want to control them.

These people are more threatened by what comes out of the west than the other way around. This is why they react. To keep their own people at home in line.

Comment

• BBC News - Charlie Hebdo attack: French values challenged in schools

Comment

• We discussed the issues: it was the first act of war in Paris for a long time. We talked about caricatures, blasphemy, freedom of speech. A few loudmouths said: "They [Charlie Hebdo] were asking for it." We discussed this in class and some of them ultimately revised their opinion. So what we had was mostly blustering.
              One at a time. Events such as this speed it up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post

Time for people and democracies who share and cherish freedom to wake up. Je suis Charlie!
                This was the attack on the school teacher but there's been another one recently in Nice.

We've conveyed our support already. Palki seems surprised...

People that were victims or religious persecution in their own countries come to France as refugees but some how still want to perpetrate the same atrocities they escaped themselves.

It's tragic and we will let the French settle this as they see fit.

Where are the messages of condemnation from the French muslims ? this is the sort of silence that allows people like Erdogan & Imran to go fishing in internal matters of other countries.

Neither has the balls to take on China but ofc France is so islamophobic !!!
                Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Oct 20,, 01:31.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post

This was the attack on the school teacher but there's been another one recently in Nice.

We've conveyed our support already. Palki seems surprised...

People that were victims or religious persecution in their own countries come to France as refugees but some how still want to perpetrate the same atrocities they escaped themselves.

It's tragic and we will let the French settle this as they see fit.

Where are the messages of condemnation from the French muslims ? this is the sort of silence that allows people like Erdogan & Imran to go fishing in internal matters of other countries.

Neither has the balls to take on China but ofc France is so islamophobic !!!
                  This is the same story in every western country, and liberals often say the state has not done enough to assimilate those muslims. Well, the state has given those people fleecing their countries a new shot at life in a developed country, and for me it used to take 1.5 year working in an MNC to get a highly skilled visa just to go abroad to do a job. This world is going through a tough time because of these islamists, and I'd not be surprised if more and more western countries ban islamic immigration to their countries. There is a reason why ideologies flourish, this time the far-right and even the centre-right, for they see immigrant muslims and acts such as these as an attack on their way of life. Not all muslims do it, very few do, but hardly anyone speaks up against it. And then of course the statements - 'they deserved it'. If innocents deserved decapitation, then muslims countries that spread terrorism deserved to be nuked.

Back in 2006, I was questioned by some mullahs while I was roaming in Whitechapel with a beer can in hand, as to 'brother, why do you commit sin, why do you drink, do you attend mosque?' Maybe they thought I looked like them, I listened silently, nodded in agreement and walked away. Kafir me. The more one talks about Terroristan, the less it is. Erdogan is another Islamist idiot going Pak way. Sometimes I think the China way is the best way to pre-treat radical muslim ideologies even before it takes root in devilish minds.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is the same story in every western country, and liberals often say the state has not done enough to assimilate those muslims. Well, the state has given those people fleecing their countries a new shot at life in a developed country, and for me it used to take 1.5 year working in an MNC to get a highly skilled visa just to go abroad to do a job. This world is going through a tough time because of these islamists, and I'd not be surprised if more and more western countries ban islamic immigration to their countries. There is a reason why ideologies flourish, this time the far-right and even the centre-right, for they see immigrant muslims and acts such as these as an attack on their way of life.
                    Recall how Macron entered office. Like Nitish Kumar. Grand Alliance.

The National front was leading and the only way to preserve the French way of life was for every one to band together and keep the far right from taking over.

Far right isn't about banning immigration they want to send people back. And that was their rhetoric back in the 90s when I lived in France.

They've certainly got a boost given all the terrorist incidents France has had over the past few years.

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    Not all muslims do it, very few do, but hardly anyone speaks up against it.
                    Only took 19 to bring down the trade towers, 1 for Pulwama and see what that did.

And then of course the statements - 'they deserved it'. If innocents deserved decapitation, then muslims countries that spread terrorism deserved to be nuked.
                    Mahatir needs to kick the bucket.

Back in 2006, I was questioned by some mullahs while I was roaming in Whitechapel with a beer can in hand, as to 'brother, why do you commit sin, why do you drink, do you attend mosque?' Maybe they thought I looked like them, I listened silently, nodded in agreement and walked away. Kafir me. The more one talks about Terroristan, the less it is. Erdogan is another Islamist idiot going Pak way. Sometimes I think the China way is the best way to pre-treat radical muslim ideologies even before it takes root in devilish minds.
                    heh, you can do this without problem in England. Six pack slung on your back and see the sights on foot. Very nice.

Try that in NYC and they will do you for delinquency. You're supposed to put your beer in a brown paper bag and then its ok to go drink it around town
                    Last edited by Double Edge; 30 Oct 20,, 12:01.

Comment

• Looking for acts of defiance and found some. This from Montpellier. Excellent initiative. Vive La France !!

Giant images of Charlie Hebdo cartoons of Prophet Mohammed appear on French govt building | DT Next | Oct 22 2020

Click image for larger version  Name:	we will not give in, ever.jpg Views:	0 Size:	41.3 KB ID:	1567512
                      Last edited by Double Edge; 31 Oct 20,, 00:56.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                        Recall how Macron entered office. Like Nitish Kumar. Grand Alliance.

The National front was leading and the only way to preserve the French way of life was for every one to band together and keep the far right from taking over.

Far right isn't about banning immigration they want to send people back. And that was their rhetoric back in the 90s when I lived in France.

They've certainly got a boost given all the terrorist incidents France has had over the past few years.
                        How old are you? Given your posts, you should be somewhere close to 60.

Only took 19 to bring down the trade towers, 1 for Pulwama and see what that did.
                        Excellent point. I don't have a counter argument for that.

Mahatir needs to kick the bucket.
                        An ex-head of state using FB & Twitter to publish hate speech. And then muslims cry out islamophobia.

heh, you can do this without problem in England. Six pack slung on your back and see the sights on foot. Very nice.

Try that in NYC and they will do you for delinquency. You're supposed to put your beer in a brown paper bag and then its ok to go drink it around town
                        You should see the scene outside nightclubs on weekends. Glorious city. Loved staying there.
                        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• It's the season of outrage across the world. Need to find a topic to get outraged.

Comment

This is the same story in every western country, and liberals often say the state has not done enough to assimilate those muslims. Well, the state has given those people fleecing their countries a new shot at life in a developed country, and for me it used to take 1.5 year working in an MNC to get a highly skilled visa just to go abroad to do a job.
                            The first attacker all of 18 years who was Chechen was shot on the spot after he refused to surrender.

The church attack in Nice was carried out by a migrant from Tunisia who had recently arrived in the country. So not even an immigrant.

Tunisia is a strange country, its the only arab country to have benefitted from the Arab spring which is also the country where it began.

10% of the population have French passports including the President.

Yet a significant amount of its people relative to its population went to fight for IS. So its pretty radicalised.

Comment

• French politician calls for ban on immigration from Bangladesh and Pakistan post violent protests calling for beheading of those who insult Islam

Comment

• https://swarajyamag.com/insta/watch-...zWca98xycF2bg4

Comment

Working...
                                X