Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ambidex View Post
    No School on Christmas, Says Smriti Irani, Rubbishing Newspaper Report

Be ready for more whats app type mischief Ms Minister.
    The report has already confronted her with a photo of the circular issued to Government run school on Dec 10. Now BJP is trying to hide its face.
    War of words: Smriti Irani, ToI battle it out on Twitter | Business Standard News

See the true colours of the BJP, if you are a nationalist, and if care about India and not just a Hindu India.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Religious conversions, a sales pitch

And, is there any faith I can embrace that can get me an Xbox One and a bottle of Jameson whiskey upon conversion?
      I have a bottle of Chivas being arranged. Who wants to be an athiest?
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
        The report has already confronted her with a photo of the circular issued to Government run school on Dec 10. Now BJP is trying to hide its face.
        War of words: Smriti Irani, ToI battle it out on Twitter | Business Standard News

See the true colours of the BJP, if you are a nationalist, and if care about India and not just a Hindu India.
        I see no conspiracy in this whole new controversy.

The minster made it clear that schools are not going to be open, matter closed.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          What the heck is happening or was happening under the carpet?
          Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
          This is opposition doing its job.
          Rs 10,500 cr remitted by Christian missionaries: Why is opposition mum? - Oneindia
          Now that the opposition has decided to bring up the issue of re-conversions, it would also do well if it debated at length the inflow of money amounting to Rs 10,500 crore that is pumped in every year to Christian missionaries to convert people.

Comment

I see no conspiracy in this whole new controversy.

The minster made it clear that schools are not going to be open, matter closed.
            Who spread this rumor or it was just a overenthusiastic news reporter looking for TRP?

We still have to see the final version of "Rohtak Sisters" where media over hyped and didn't take time to see the matter which was so fishy.

Comment

Religious conversions, a sales pitch

I have a bottle of Chivas being arranged. Who wants to be an athiest?
              I will (temporarily) and reconvert if the opposite party offers me bag full of bottles (jk)

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post

Captain, you and I very well know how the Indian media or any media house works. They do anything for TRP and especially on the current government. There is a proverb in Tamil that goes something like this when you are in fear, everything will look like a ghost. All media houses are in fear because some of them are running purely on the advertising money that was doled out by the previous Congress government, it is under severe review in the present government. Without the money they can't sustain for very long and are looking at every opportunity to create tension and try to blackmail the government.

Comment

As stated by ambidex about BJP's black money pre-poll promise, you can start a new thread, while we discuss the intended topic in here.

If you are to know my opinion - well file an FIR and let police do their job. The money trail could be interesting. If convicted, prosecute them to the maximum extent possible under law. All religious nutjobs should be burnt on stakes (literally), however we need to make sure they get a fair trial.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 15 Dec 14,, 16:45.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

As stated by ambidex about BJP's black money pre-poll promise, you can start a new thread, while we discuss the intended topic in here.

If you are to know my opinion - well file an FIR and let police do their job. The money trail could be interesting. If convicted, prosecute them to the maximum extent possible under law. All religious nutjobs should be burnt on stakes (literally), however we need to make sure they get a fair trial.
                    I think it is related to the topic. Lemontree included some post about an order by HRD ministry but that's fine and this is not ? (just saying)

Comment

People are not going to talk to each other. The Law has to talk for all.

Those who are going to say (counter propaganda) that the law will be a gimmickry, a farce, fooling both sides then we should treat them as people who are poor in conflict resolutions. Let it be a deception or political tool but at the end of the day there will be compromise agreed by both side even if it may not be able to stop missionaries doing their fundamental job.

The integration is just an idealism which may work or remain just a word in the dictionary. Like the evil of Castism and untouchability many laws were worked out, same needs to be done in this case. BTW this traction is not new, there are political concern available of Indira Gandhi and higher court judgments available when petitions were filed against forceful mass conversions performed by Christian missionaries.
                      I have heard that there was a time in India when all that was needed to start a riot was to throw a cows head in a temple or a pigs head at a mosque. The result, not surprisingly was a big zero for everyone.
                      Radical religious thoughts and people who propagate them should be shunned like a fatal disease, however these people keep popping on every side (Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, etc.), and in the last 10 years i have seen more people moving towards extremist religious thoughts.
                      To force any person to do anything against their will is a crime, and should be treated as a crime.

The freedom to choose your own imaginary all-powerfull omnipotent being cannot be taken away from people. Would be so much better if all the idiots just accepted that there is no god but one (Rajnikant)....

Comment

No. If a person converts out of free will, I have no problem with that. Not my business. And the State shouldn't have a problem with it either.

The problem is the forced and fraudulent nature of these conversions.

This statement came out only after the Parliament was rocked. And as I said, the State shouldn't bother with religious conversions out of free will.
                        Well, that's just the thing, how do you know if what was done was out of free will or not unless this goes to court? And without an anti-conversion law, this can't go to court. What will you arrest the "priests" for? They didn't put a gun to anyone's heads. They lured people in with promises of monetary, social and spiritual benefits and perhaps lied to them about what exactly they were getting into. No more than what any missionary would do, but they ofcourse stick to rural areas and avoid media glare.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                          Missionaries have the right to offer money ? How much? 8 lakh per Hindu?
                          There is no law to stop it, except in some states ruled by "communal" governments.

Was govt. machinery also used
                          Who used government machinery?

Comment

Originally posted by commander View Post
                            Unfortunately people are gaming the system by converting and reconverting for monetary purpose.
                            If people are trading one set of stupid fairy tales for another set of stupid fairy tales and getting money from the religious zealots on both side, I say bully for them and salute them. Serves the religious conversion zealots right if they are being gamed.
                            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by kuku View Post
                              I have heard that there was a time in India when all that was needed to start a riot was to throw a cows head in a temple or a pigs head at a mosque. The result, not surprisingly was a big zero for everyone.
                              Radical religious thoughts and people who propagate them should be shunned like a fatal disease, however these people keep popping on every side (Hindu, Muslim, Christian, Sikh, etc.), and in the last 10 years i have seen more people moving towards extremist religious thoughts.
                              To force any person to do anything against their will is a crime, and should be treated as a crime.

The freedom to choose your own imaginary all-powerfull omnipotent being cannot be taken away from people. Would be so much better if all the idiots just accepted that there is no god but one (Rajnikant)....
                              Well, I can not live with this premise that people will become sane and religion is bad. This is like looking away from reality and assume there is no such thing in real world.

My money will be again on law and enforcement. The riots will still happen if Indian will achieve the age of artificial intelligence. The police must know, prepare and have training, backed by stringent laws that throwing cow meat in front of a temple the riots are certain.

The problem here in India is politicization of policing. When Sonia Gandhi will cry on the encounter of an armed aggressor because he was a Muslim and ignore the brave Police men because he is a Hindu for electoral benefits then it will have bad trickling down effect on the functioning of Police, IB and other agencies. There are many instances when Hindu nationalist parties in power have misused the police for saving or go slow on their own people.

Comment

it would also do well if it debated at length the inflow of money amounting to Rs 10,500 crore that is pumped in every year to Christian missionaries to convert people.
                                Where does this figure come from ?

Found this 2011 report over at FCRA (Foreign Contribution Regulation Act) wing of the MHA.

Go over to pg13 and the figures look like 430 crores for the entire country.

How to find out how much RSS gets from abroad. A lot of the diaspora contribute.

See what i did there.

This talk about restricting foreign fund flows to NGO's is easier said then done. Because you need to come up with a rationale why, how and who to discriminate against.
                                Last edited by Double Edge; 16 Dec 14,, 01:17.

Comment

Working...
                                X