the rumors are true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the rumors are true

I've read on Tom's Hardware a few months ago that we would see sub-$100 Windows tablet running full-blown Windows 8.1 before the end of the year.

Buy HP Stream 7 Signature Edition Tablet - Microsoft Store

http://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B...=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Shit...more ammo I don't use or more computers than I need?
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

I've got an HP Slate, about twice the size of an iPhone. A gift, not a purchase, so I don't know the price.
    Nice camera, but hard to download pictures.
    Minimally efficient e-mailer.
    Almost minimally efficient as a browser, but not quite.
    Crappy keyboard.
    And, it will frequently shut itself off for no reason I can identify.
    Trust me?
    I'm an economist!

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      Shit...more ammo I don't use or more computers than I need?

Do you buy all the latest gadgets/phones etc? I have an iPad gifted to me by a client in 2012. I have never used it and was thinking to gift it to my cousin, but never had the time. And what is it that my laptop cannot do that the iPad can. It's just shiny.
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
        I've got an HP Slate, about twice the size of an iPhone. A gift, not a purchase, so I don't know the price.
        Crappy keyboard.
        How old is it? Is it Android? Some people swear by Android. I'm a Windows guy.

I have an Asus Transformer I bought last year at this time. It's fantastic! It's enough to browse the net and even play some game. I brought it with my to Europe and I couldn't imagine spending 3 weeks without checking the internet.

Buy ASUS Transformer Book T100TA Gray Signature Edition 2 in 1 PC - Microsoft Store

The best part is the 10 hour battery life.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

Do you buy all the latest gadgets/phones etc? I have an iPad gifted to me by a client in 2012. I have never used it and was thinking to gift it to my cousin, but never had the time. And what is it that my laptop cannot do that the iPad can. It's just shiny.
          I don't buy the latest gadget. I'm cheap. I buy either new but inexpensive gadgets or slightly older expensive gadget that has lost a lot of value.

I agree with you about the iPad. I hate Apple anything and have not owned any Apple product as far as I can tell. I tried using my mom's iPad 3 but it's just incredibly frustrating.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
            I don't buy the latest gadget. I'm cheap. I buy either new but inexpensive gadgets or slightly older expensive gadget that has lost a lot of value.

I agree with you about the iPad. I hate Apple anything and have not owned any Apple product as far as I can tell. I tried using my mom's iPad 3 but it's just incredibly frustrating.
            You're clever. I wanted to buy iPhone 6, but changed my mind.

I still use an earlier version of Windows on my personal laptop. I use my iPod classic that I bought in 2006, still has a battery life of 7-8 hours. Okay, so set-up the iPad, took some time, and then upgraded it to iOS 8. Downloaded angry birds, iPad should be of some use until I find somebody who appreciates it. :)
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
              Crappy keyboard.
              Got a Hisense 7 inch tablet a bit over 12 months ago so I could read books & download the local paper while I was overseas. Cost under $A200. Great for showing people photos, useful browser and I download the newspaper every day & take it to work to read. Actually saved money on a subscription. Also download the Economist weekly. Great if you commute or just want the convenience of being able to read magazines on a tablet. I'll probably upgrade in a couple of years. I didn't think I'd have much use for it before I got it, and I probably wouldn't find a full sized one as convenient. All in all a great purchase.
              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Working...
              X