Happy b/day Albany

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think 1 pint is OK.

2 pints might loosen his denture adhesive. :)

Have a great birthday!

Comment

Thanks all.

1. I don't have dentures...I have a bridge, though....from a puck when I was 17.

2. There will be many pints raised tonight...not because its my birthday but because Household 6 and I have to go over healthcare plan options since we are switching from hers to mine this year.

But th plus side is I have set my retirement date for 4 years from today!
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Happy Birthday, Buck.

Some Civil War action must have happened on this date. Too lazy to look it up, but hope you have a great day.
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by JAD_333 View Post
          Happy Birthday, Buck.

Some Civil War action must have happened on this date. Too lazy to look it up, but hope you have a great day.
          Thanks. And on this date in 1861 James M. Mason and John Slidell, Confederate ambassadors to the UK & France who were seized illegally by the captain of the USS San Jacinto, were landed in Boston, MA. Their seizure almost led to war with England and France. They were released on 1 JAN 62.

So I got that going for me!
          Mark Twain

Comment

Happy birthday Buck. How the hell can you consider retirement?
            In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

I'm convinced I begin dying the day I stop working.

My sensibilities have become so uber-warped. Sucked into the delusion that productivity is the ultimate measure of worth.

Totally sick and can't be shaken…but, there it is.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Retirement decision is simple....so many battlefields still to walk. Plus I will volunteer as a docent at 2 Civil War sites here in Virginia...for when we are not at our retirement place we are planning in Massachusetts!
                Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post

My sensibilities have become so uber-warped. Sucked into the delusion that productivity is the ultimate measure of worth.

Men are judged by their accomplishments and the value they can provide. I don't think there is any delusion there, we simply don't have the same innate value to society as women or children.

That said, a lot of guys do very valuable things by following their passions after retirement. I think the Captian, Rusty, and the battleship boys on this board are a great example of that.

Retire to work on something you care about enough to do whether you're paid or not, and you'll never have to worry about your sense of self worth.

The only delusion I see is the idea that money is an accurate measure of the value you provide to society.

Comment

Hope you had a good one AR!

Comment

How did I miss this?

Happy belated B-Day AR

2. There will be many pints raised tonight..
                      I thing Yeller was thinking pints of beer. Not pints of the stuff you old folks drink. (Prune Juice and Ensure)

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                        Thanks all.

1. I don't have dentures...I have a bridge, though....from a puck when I was 17.

2. There will be many pints raised tonight...not because its my birthday but because Household 6 and I have to go over healthcare plan options since we are switching from hers to mine this year.

But th plus side is I have set my retirement date for 4 years from today!
                        Many pints huh? When then enjoy each and every one of them. Hopefully they are used to wash something good down. I know next month it will be sushi and sake for me with maybe a Sapporo on the side.

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post

That is profound. Ok, what's next everyone...?

Comment

Hey Gunny...thanks (I think). And it was actually Labatts Blue last night.

Thanks also to Steve & TBM,

Federal Health Open Season just opened so I actually spent it with my wife going over the various healthplan options. We are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate.
                            Mark Twain

Comment

"...We are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate."

Your health plan decision?

Well…I guess we're really thrashing around for reasons to celebrate these days, eh?(;-)
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

[QUOTE=S2;1016503]"...We are going out to dinner on Saturday to celebrate."

Your health plan decision?

Well…I guess we're really thrashing around for reasons to celebrate these days, eh?(;-)[/QUOTE

Dude, there are some days I celebrate the fact my truck goes into gear with no problem!!!
                                Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                                X