need proxy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    I have a better chance of a threesome with Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson.
    THAT would be interesting, although I'd substitute Jennifer Coolidge for Jennifer Lawrence (I'm probably older than you are)!
    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Hmmm...how about if I remote into my computer at home and use its browser? That shouldn't trigger anything. Contents are sent over as...bitmap?

How do I set up a remote session to my laptop at home? Is there a windows service that can do it or do I have to use a 3rd party software?
      You're thinking of Remot Desktop. This worked great even over dialup. Amazing.

if you have a pro version of windows on your laptop that will work. Dunno if the newer versions of windows have it ootb. Set up the service. Then you need to create a rdp shortcut with your home computers IP. If thats dynamic then you need a service that will resolve it for you so you can access from work. Open up the right ports on your home router and you're good.

A 4" screen might fit in my pocket, but the current 3.7" screen is already uncomfortable when I wear my jeans. Maybe it's a sign I should lose some weight.
      temp in oakland right now is 61F. you must wear a jacket. But summer is the question.

What do you make of this ?

Unfortunately my phone is locked by AT&T's tethering policy. It worked when I updated from WP8 cyan to WP8 black. Then WP8.1 rolled around and the feature was locked again. There are ways around it, but way too much trouble.
      Then this is for academic interest only.

remember this line

that's the American way. We like to stick it to the man. That's how we started in 1776.
      ;)

I have a better chance of a threesome with Jennifer Lawrence and Scarlett Johansson.
      "offensive site - category: weapons"

means other sites are allowed. means you just might get away with it.

i never used company net for personal stuff not even email. was too paranoid about privacy.
      Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Nov 14,, 23:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        You're thinking of Remot Desktop. This worked great even over dialup. Amazing.

if you have a pro version of windows on your laptop that will work. Dunno if the newer versions of windows have it ootb. Set up the service. Then you need to create a rdp shortcut with your home computers IP. If thats dynamic then you need a service that will resolve it for you so you can access from work. Open up the right ports on your home router and you're good.
        I will definitely try this tonight.

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
        remember this line

;)
        "I used to like to stick it to the man. Now, I am the man."

Brigadier General Jack O'Neill, SGC
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I work for a medium sized company. I believe the firewall that blocked me was Barracuda.
          Barracuda's web filter is good.

Hmmm...how about if I remote into my computer at home and use its browser? That shouldn't trigger anything. Contents are sent over as...bitmap?

How do I set up a remote session to my laptop at home? Is there a windows service that can do it or do I have to use a 3rd party software?
          You can do all the above you have listed, but why go through all the trouble? Just use Chrome as your browser, and add Chrome Remote Desktop app. It's cross-platform. Here are some links for you on how to go about it.

Link1
          Link2
          Link3

Follow the instructions and you be done in no time. Instead if you want to use a 3rd party app, you can try Teamviewer, it's free and good.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
            Barracuda's web filter is good.

You can do all the above you have listed, but why go through all the trouble? Just use Chrome as your browser, and add Chrome Remote Desktop app. It's cross-platform. Here are some links for you on how to go about it.

Link1
            Link2
            Link3

Follow the instructions and you be done in no time. Instead if you want to use a 3rd party app, you can try Teamviewer, it's free and good.
            Chrome needs me to sign in to Google. I try not to use Google as much as possible.

I have tried teamviewer. It's workable.

I turned on the remote desktop feature on my laptop and opened a port to the machine. It works!

Big FU to the censors!!!

I'm sticking it to the man.
            "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

I try not to use Google as much as possible.

Comment

@ gunnut - If it works for you, all's fine. :) Seems to me, I'm not the only one concerned about my online privacy. Here's how you can reduce some of your digital footprints. How to Disappear Online. The article doesn't say much, nonetheless it's a good starter.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

But what about accesing this website via Tor?

Comment

Working...
                  X