Congrats to The All Blacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Congrats to The All Blacks!

Not a shock but 74-6 NZ v USA in rugby yesterday. Well done All Blacks.

The high point? My brother won $75 in his club pool (he plays for Boston Old Boys). He threw in $10 that USA would score more than the last time the 2 played. The US scored 5 last November.

Victory for all sides I'd say!
    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
    Mark Twain

I saw the November game live, we gave the Eagles a good round of applause for scoring a try then. One of the things about the All Blacks is that they'll show no mercy. It's a matter of respect for the opposing team that the players give it their all for the full game rather than throttling off when a win is assured. Didn't see this game but one day I hope we can stage a tri-series in the US, say NZ vs AUS vs US. That way the Eagles can get a couple of games, plus do some training with our guys (they come here as individuals to train at the academy) plus the American public can see two matched teams at the top go hammer and tongs.
    In the realm of spirit, seek clarity; in the material world, seek utility.

Leibniz

Comment

This game was close... for about 10 minutes.
      "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
        I saw the November game live, we gave the Eagles a good round of applause for scoring a try then. One of the things about the All Blacks is that they'll show no mercy. It's a matter of respect for the opposing team that the players give it their all for the full game rather than throttling off when a win is assured. Didn't see this game but one day I hope we can stage a tri-series in the US, say NZ vs AUS vs US. That way the Eagles can get a couple of games, plus do some training with our guys (they come here as individuals to train at the academy) plus the American public can see two matched teams at the top go hammer and tongs.
        Good idea. I think Americans inclined to watch would appreciate seeing the All Blacks beat a team that is able to take it up to them for most of the game. I'm not a massive Rugby fan, but Wallabies/All Blacks games are always worth watching for the contest....even when we are in one of our form slumps.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Yeah...as my brother says...we give our kids baseballs and footballs in their cribs....you guys give them rugby balls!

BTW, AR Junior got a puck!
          Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
            Yeah...as my brother says...we give our kids baseballs and footballs in their cribs....you guys give them rugby balls!

BTW, AR Junior got a puck!
            Maybe so in New Zealand. In my part of the world it is cricket balls & Aussie Rules footballs. In terms of participation Rugby Union is behind Cricket, Aussie Rules, Rugby League, Soccer & Basketball. Possibly Tennis, Hockey & Swimming as well. (if I threw in women's sport you could have Netball too). What makes Union successful is that it has a well developed infrastructure at the very top level that manages to funnel talent from a relatively narrow base into the national team. That and we are a better option for people from Fiji & various Pacific Islands, so we get a few of them as well.

Logically we shouldn't be remotely competitive against nations like NZ, Sth Africa & even England and France given the position of the sport. Tells you just how sports mad we are that we consistently field competitive teams & have won a couple of World Cups.
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Logically we shouldn't be remotely competitive against nations like NZ, Sth Africa & even England and France given the position of the sport. Tells you just how sports mad we are that we consistently field competitive teams & have won a couple of World Cups.

Well its either that or spend all your time shagging koalas and kangaroos.

You already drink like fish!
              Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                Good idea. I think Americans inclined to watch would appreciate seeing the All Blacks beat a team that is able to take it up to them for most of the game. I'm not a massive Rugby fan, but Wallabies/All Blacks games are always worth watching for the contest....even when we are in one of our form slumps.
                I'd say the past history of the Bledisloe Cup shows the rugby affair between Oz Wallabies and NZ All Blacks to be very much worth watching in terms of rugby tradition and national pride...though it's been leaning in the favour of the Kiwis after the conclusion of the best-out-of-three series.

At present the Lions from Britain and Ireland are touring against New Zealand clubs including the national All Blacks squad.
                The Kiwis are now swelling in pride even without the addition of this week's America Cup sailing victory over America's Team Oracle.
                A country of 4 1/2 million sure know how to be competitive, eh. (Surely hardy "convict" stock. LOL ;-P )
                Last edited by PeeCoffee; 28 Jun 17,, 06:13.
                Real eyes realize real lies.

Comment

Working...
                X