Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cancer cure ??

Green Renaissance with Vivia J Liscene and 45 others
    The Sour Sop or the fruit from the Graviola tree is a miraculous natural cancer cell killer 10,000 times stronger than Chemo.
    The National Cancer Institute performed the first scientific research in 1976. The results showed that Graviola’s “leaves and stems were found effective in attacking and destroying malignant cells.” Inexplicably, the results were published in an internal report and never released to the public…
    Since 1976, Graviola has proven to be an immensely potent cancer killer in 20 independent laboratory tests, yet no double-blind clinical trials–the typical benchmark mainstream doctors and journals use to judge a treatment’s value–were ever initiated….
    A study published in the Journal of Natural Products, following a recent study conducted at Catholic University of South Korea stated that one chemical in Graviola was found to selectively kill colon cancer cells at “10,000 times the potency of (the commonly used chemotherapy drug) Adriamycin…”
    The most significant part of the Catholic University of South Korea report is that Graviola was shown to selectively target the cancer cells, leaving healthy cells untouched. Unlike chemotherapy, which indiscriminately targets all actively reproducing cells (such as stomach and hair cells), causing the often devastating side effects of nausea and hair loss in cancer patients.
    A study at Purdue University recently found that leaves from the Graviola tree killed cancer cells among six human cell lines and were especially effective against prostate, pancreatic and lung cancers.

Does this work, have any of you tried it?

Done some googling and came up with this , they say it does not work , well they would wouldnt they if a multi trillion dollar industry was under threat .

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...09eENZ7Lji9Eyw

And snopes analysis

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...XR42vADXg1qCJQ

Capsules can be bought off ebay if required ?
    Last edited by tankie; 02 Nov 14,, 14:30.

Full Disclosure: I'm a microscopic cog in that multi-trillion dollar industry, albeit logistics & admin rather than clinical.

The Good: Graviola certainly sounds interesting and, to its credit, this report actually acknowledges specific cancers. I counted three, prostate, pancreatic and lung, plus 3 more unnamed (assuming I read the article correctly).

The Problem: Cancer is an entire class of over 100 diseases that can affect different parts of the body in different ways, typically multiple possible causes.

With that mind, Graviola as a "silver bullet cure" or even effective in actual cancer treatment is unlikely.

Naturally that doesn't stop breathless headlines from proclaiming there's a "cure for cancer"...usually being suppressed by the government or Big Pharma. (Cannabis is notoriously touted by its supporters as one of those cure-all silver bullets.)

Reports from government institutions like the FTC and cancer charities like Cancer Research UK denying the efficacy of alternative cancer treatment are universally greeted with howls of foul play and venal motivations.

The Bottom Line: No avenue of treatment should be dismissed without extensive and thorough investigation...on the other hand, don't believe everything you read.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

And more links to the scam

Cancer The Forbidden Cures! - YouTube

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        And more links to the scam
        *shrug* Medical marijuana proponents have been doing more of the same for years.

Somebody posted this on FB and asked me about it. Among other things I replied "Notice how it gives you a choice between Cannabis and Homelessness?"

(I didn't want to be pedantic and point out that the genius who made this "infographic" doesn't even realize that "disease" is not spelled with a dash.

Attached Files
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Yup , bbbbbbbbbbiigggggggggg industry .

Comment

Nothing to do with big industry. There are a lot of 3rd World countries without those big industries and if they have been curing cancer with this stuff, you can bet that people would have been flocking to those clinics. Yet, those people die of cancers just like everybody else.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. If it ain't cancer, it will be something else. You ain't going to live forever.
            Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
              Nothing to do with big industry. There are a lot of 3rd World countries without those big industries and if they have been curing cancer with this stuff, you can bet that people would have been flocking to those clinics. Yet, those people die of cancers just like everybody else.

In the end, it really doesn't matter. If it ain't cancer, it will be something else. You ain't going to live forever.
              But Sir, it's so much more satisfying to think that The Man is the only thing keeping you from immortality!

Comment

Sir imo , Its got everything to do with big bucks , charities / research etc , and Sir if I had known about alternative type "cures" i would have got them for my ex who died at 27 from cancer whilst i was serving , im sure she would have liked to have lived to a ripe old age as i would before she got the call as we all , as you say , pop off

Comment

The trickiest part of late stage cancers in general is that they evolve. There's usually a huge diversity of genotypes and phenotypes within each tumor and between metastases. A lot of targeted therapies can kill off 99% of the cancer cells, but then the 1% or 0.1‰ that survive due to resistance come roaring back after a few months.

Most promising idea for beating this so far seems to be immunotherapy, where you block the signals or receptors that cancers use to block immune response and allow the body to fight it off.

Unfortunately, the same blocks are used by the body to prevent autoimmunity. The immunotherapy drugs deny them to cancers but also to the rest of the body, and this creates significant side-effects in the form of autoimmune disease. The most effective treatments today combine two immune modulators. These treatments, which are currently in clinical trials, have terrible side-effects that necessitate hospitalization, but the treatment results are extraordinary (possibly curative). As people figure out ways to corral the activity of immune modulators to tumors, or combinations that are less toxic for healthy tissue, it could be a major step forward in cancer treatment.
                  Last edited by citanon; 06 Nov 14,, 20:46.

Comment

Sir imo , Its got everything to do with big bucks , charities / research etc , and Sir if I had known about alternative type "cures" i would have got them for my ex who died at 27 from cancer whilst i was serving , im sure she would have liked to have lived to a ripe old age as i would before she got the call as we all , as you say , pop off
                    That's the just the point: These "cures" aren't what they claim to be.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Tankie. :(

Unfortunately there just aren't any really effective treatments for many of these diseases at the late stages, and these alternative "cures" play off people's hopes and emotions.

Comment

Living forever, would be more about belief/religion rather than about medical technology.

Comment

Originally posted by citanon View Post
                          I'm sorry to hear that Tankie. :(

Unfortunately there just aren't any really effective treatments for many of these diseases at the late stages, and these alternative "cures" play off people's hopes and emotions.
                          I would have liked to have given them a try instead of just chemo , at least it would have given more hope instead of just acceptance , still , lets hope there is a permanent cure out there of which I believe there is .

Comment

Sorry for your loss tankie

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Cheers Cpt , a long while back now , 1980 , but still hurts .

Comment

Working...
                              X