Mitt Romney cracks a joke at Obama's expense

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
    Funny, coming from a guy who have a habitual trait of hijacking a thread and inserting completely irrelevant posts to the thread like you did in that other thread. My post was on point saying that Mitt Romney didn't have much standing to make that joke with the hitline "Obama doesn't have a clue" It was a rebuttal to Romney's joke. Whether it is not funny or not does not have that much bearing.

As for being on meds, judging from your posts, I can definitely say that you have been on meds and they are not the right kind.
    Yes, the point of the thread was to post lengthy rants on....something. To be honest, I lost interest fairly early. Keep going. This is actually taking on a surreal humour all of its own. Extra points if you can work a gratuitous accusation of 'colonial mentality' in somewhere.
    Last edited by Bigfella; 15 Oct 14,, 07:57.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Parihaka View Post
      Much as I am loath to credit any Austraaleanne.....

“He is simply a shiver looking for a spine to run up.”
      ― Paul Keating
      He is a genius with language. Once referred to ex-treasurer Peter Costello as 'all tip, no iceberg'. Almost fell off my chair at work when I heard that one.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by astralis View Post
        he'd have done better if he actually tried joking during the campaign. he's supposed to be something of a practical joker, but you know it's bad when -conservatives- start calling you a robot....
        People at my work have posited that I may in fact, be a robot.

I guess an intelligent man with good looks and deadpan absurdist humor goes unappreciated these days.
        "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

he might have pulled it off better if he were wearing hipster glasses a la Rick Perry these days...
          There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Funny, coming from a guy who have a habitual trait of hijacking a thread and inserting completely irrelevant posts to the thread like you did in that other thread. My post was on point saying that Mitt Romney didn't have much standing to make that joke with the hitline "Obama doesn't have a clue" It was a rebuttal to Romney's joke. Whether it is not funny or not does not have that much bearing.

As for being on meds, judging from your posts, I can definitely say that you have been on meds and they are not the right kind.
            If we're going to be all serious and shit, he joke doesn't make sense because banks don't verify identity that way, anyways.

Funny story: the account manager behind me received some electronic payment cards. We don't send those to our bank lockbox, because they charge us extra. So the account manager drove down to the bank herself to deposit the cards with a teller.
            The bank teller wouldn't let her. "Your name isn't General Motors, you can't deposit these cards into the General Motors account."
            4 srs?
            "The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood"-Otto Von Bismarck

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
              Yes, the point of the thread was to post lengthy rants on....something. To be honest, I lost interest fairly early. Keep going. This is actually taking on a surreal humour all of its own. Extra points if you can work a gratuitous accusation of 'colonial mentality' in somewhere.
              Couple that with the enthusiasm showed about Hindutva in the South Asian threads, that never fails to amuse me.

By the way, you guys need to correct your spelling. An unnecessary inclusion of a "u" in "humor" in this day and age is a gratuitous example of a "colonial mentality"
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

And how many times have we seen on WAB that the original purpose of a thread gets lost within a number of posts? So what does this one bother you so much? If you didn't want a discussion on the joke, then put it in the jokes thread. But by putting a joke in its own thread, you are inviting commentary and feedback. Even I did my part by throwing in the Palin brawl. How many times have we seen a serious thread with a serious topic get turned into one of those threads where we see pictures of Celine Dion and such?

You get extra point for throwing in the "colonial mentality" You brought it up not me.

Sometimes, I think you just try too hard.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                  Couple that with the enthusiasm showed about Hindutva in the South Asian threads, that never fails to amuse me.
                  And it never fails to amuse me that how defending some policies of India or advocating a position that is pro-indian stance can be construed as to be Hindutva. The claim of Hindutva is far thrown around too much to have any meaning except to show how intellectual lazy or dishonest that person bandying that word around is.
                  Last edited by Blademaster; 15 Oct 14,, 18:37.

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                    To be fair. It's less than 2 years into his marriage. He lost his funny bone.
                    Oh I still have my funny bone. For instance, I laughed my ass off when reading the Palin brawl police report. Didn't even need to make a joke out of it to be funny. All you had to do was read it.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post

By the way, you guys need to correct your spelling. An unnecessary inclusion of a "u" in "humor" in this day and age is a gratuitous example of a "colonial mentality"
                      We put the extra letters in to make the colonized peoples feel inferior. It appears to be working.
                      sigpic

Comment

And how many times have we seen on WAB that the original purpose of a thread gets lost within a number of posts? So what does this one bother you so much? If you didn't want a discussion on the joke, then put it in the jokes thread. But by putting a joke in its own thread, you are inviting commentary and feedback. Even I did my part by throwing in the Palin brawl. How many times have we seen a serious thread with a serious topic get turned into one of those threads where we see pictures of Celine Dion and such?

You get extra point for throwing in the "colonial mentality" You brought it up not me.

Sometimes, I think you just try too hard.
                        Henny Youngman called. You're butchering his best material.
                        sigpic

Comment

Henny Youngman called. You're butchering his best material.
                          :Zzzzzz:

Comment

Oh I still have my funny bone. For instance, I laughed my ass off when reading the Palin brawl police report. Didn't even need to make a joke out of it to be funny. All you had to do was read it.
                            Well, here's a joke. YOU! MARRIED! MY CONDOLENCES!

Welcome to my FORMER world!

Hehahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Got your expertise in shoes yet? Don't worry. You will.

Chimo

Comment

Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
                              Well, here's a joke. YOU! MARRIED! MY CONDOLENCES!

Welcome to my FORMER world!

Got your expertise in shoes yet? Don't worry. You will.

Well don't laugh too soon. I think I am getting the hang of it. After all I think my wife is pretty well house trained. She cleans, cooks, and washes my clothes. She gives me a goodbye kiss when I leave and greets me with a hug when I come home. She rubs my feet when I feel aching in my feet and my knees. She brings me a drink of water or juice when I ask (politely of course)

So far, I have not had to buy her any necklace, diamonds, bracelets, or tons of shoes. She doesn't like to spend too much money. The only big items I bought were a nice purse, two pairs of shoes, and a couple of dresses.

And she works!! She makes enough money that I don't have to worry too much about living expenses and start saving some money. And she's not fat. She's slim and has the figure of a model.

She's a great cook and asks me what I want to eat for dinner the night before so she can prepare the food accordingly.

Ahhh that is the married life.

See here: http://sozowomen.com/wp-content/uplo...-Housewife.jpg

Some times I think I actually won the lottery ticket when I married her.

Comment

S u c k e r !!!!!!!!!
                                Chimo

Comment

Working...
                                X