US troops arriving in Liberia to help contain Ebola

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Officer of Engineers View Post
    YOU ARE A FUCKING IDIOT! I DON'T CARE HOW WELL READ YOU ARE, YOU KNOW SHIT ALL ABOUT BIOLOGY! EBOLA DEATHS ARE BASED UPON EXPOSURE, NOT PROPAGANDA!

In fact, you are welcome to leave the WAB, I can do very well without your stupidity!
    I challenge you to point out when and where I said that propaganda was the main cause or even a major factor for deaths in Ebola.

The well read thing wasn't for you, so I don't know why you are caps locking it.

You are overreacting worse than a little kid here. I am starting to doubt you are a retired colonel. If someone acted like that, even with an inferior in the Army I know, it's likely that they would have a chair broken in their back.
    Or at least go to jail for some days.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
      Actually, a case could be made that the Ebola scare caused people to be driven away from health professionals when they only saw them as agents of deaths and drove them underground and only exacerbated the problem. It was only after massive efforts to educate people about the danger of Ebola and the need to seek health professionals right away and isolate themselves from other did the authorities manage to stem the tide of Ebola patients.
      It also has to do a lot with their superstitious beliefs, like voodoo, rituals they do with the body of the dead and other stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vargas View Post
        I am starting to doubt you are a retired colonel.
        There is no need to doubt that. He is indeed a retired Lieutenant Colonel of Engineers, Canadian Forces.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by GVChamp View Post
          Welcome to the 24 hour Scare-Cycle, Vargas.

Read up on Low-Information Diet.

Also, if your wife is like mine, her "news" comes from Facebook, and the purpose is primarily to talk to people at parties. Nothing wrong with that, but don't confuse THAT with forums like WAB, where people complain over the lack of detail of Operation Nickel Grass...
          Actually, she hates Facebook and listen to a lot of radio talk shows. However, unfortunately, she don't read much so her opinions usually tend to side with some Conservative or Liberal - in the classic sense, not the U.S term - radio show host or interviewer that comes in the program. In relation to people of this forum, although there is always a bell curve of abilities in anyplace, I am sure that the standards, or the mean of the intelligence distribution here is set higher, or to the right in a graph.
          My point here is how mass politics, including propaganda from Mainstream media and government almost completely shape the public opinion debate and fear mongering is one of their most used tactics, together with divide and conquer.

It is just sad how some people overreact to stuff like they are internet trolls, little kids or belong to Atheismblob. Of course I know this is a minority in any forum.

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
            There is no need to doubt that. He is indeed a retired Lieutenant Colonel of Engineers, Canadian Forces.
            My point for doubting that is the way he reacts to things. The first thing you learn in the Army is how to behave. If you don't know how to behave you will be punished out of a dishonorable discharge very soon.
            Specially Canada, that in the stereotypical image has one of the most well behaved people on Earth. In any case "To be more than to seem like it". The opinion some random person has of you in the internet don't mean anything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Vargas View Post
              My point for doubting that is the way he reacts to things. The first thing you learn in the Army is how to behave. If you don't know how to behave you will be punished out of a dishonorable discharge very soon.
              Specially Canada, that in the stereotypical image has one of the most well behaved people on Earth. In any case "To be more than to seem like it". The opinion some random person has of you in the internet don't mean anything.
              He's old and cranky, which he'll be the first to admit. Try to work around that and you'll find him to be an invaluable source of information and experience. For example, look up UNPROFOR
              “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
                He's old and cranky, which he'll be the first to admit. Try to work around that and you'll find him to be an invaluable source of information and experience. For example, look up UNPROFOR
                Will keep that in mind.

Comment

Working...
                X