Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

British Raj did more harm than good in Indian subcontinent: UK Supreme Court debate

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by commander View Post
    The article that you have referred to clearly sets the tone of what you wanted to convey. You obviously not you but the UK , sorry didnt mean to point fingers at anyone personally. We will get over Raj eventually and that is not so far. Please dont call this a charity. You and I know well that these aids were never about Charities. In this capitalist society where everything is viewed in a prism of whats-in-it-for-me there's always something that is given in return. Your business uses our market etc. Also how about what was already taken from us then ? How about if the UK can either stop moaning about giving aid when it looted it from those countries not long before ?
    Not quite correct , we are being taxed to death here , and some people are now having to go to food banks to survive , we have a bloody good right to moan watching our hard earned flying all over the world .. hmmm looted from other countries huh , nahhhhhhhhh thats all been spent ;)

Still this little gem is still available , sue the UK for its return ?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...iYtkTYu31sWaMg
    Last edited by tankie; 09 Oct 14,, 15:46.

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
      Not quite correct , we are being taxed to death here , and some people are now having to go to food banks to survive , we have a bloody good right to moan watching our hard earned flying all over the world .. hmmm looted from other countries huh , nahhhhhhhhh thats all been spent ;)

Still this little gem is still available , sue the UK for its return ?

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...iYtkTYu31sWaMg
      Well we are equally taxed here in India , since not sure what kind of tax laws you have I will leave it at it saying every country has taxes and we are not Dubai either. All spent on the lands in your country. Funded your wars and made the UK richer. You lot were clever I will give you that. Just because the UK spent the loot doesn't negate the fact that it was stolen in the first place. We maybe not in a position to command the UK to give us back our treasures. But I am willing to bet that one day the UK would definitely give them back.

Comment

• And that's why we can't have nice things.
        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

• Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
          And that's why we can't have nice things.
          You beat me to the punch by 2 minutes.
          “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
          Mark Twain

Comment

• By the way Defcon5, re-registering after you've been previously banned is against the forum rules.

Have a nice day.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
            X