Choudary arrested

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
    Here's an idea, you can have police death squads, we'll keep civilization & rule of law. Its worked pretty well for us so far.
    Ah, So what are Drone's and targeted killings by CIA and MI5?

Comment

Not police and (still) not at home.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
        Oh come on mate, no one has exhibited any traits of Islamophobia here.
        All they have done is call a terrorist a terrorist.
        TADA. POTA.

One community. Not all terrorists.

Was not the one advocating extrajudicial killings by the state machinery here.

I usually call a spade a spade. And here I was careful to give the benefit of the doubt. If warranted .....

You've railed against your innocent countryment been killed for the tragedy of communal association before. Lets see some consistency.
        Last edited by sated buddha; 26 Sep 14,, 12:07.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
          There probably would be no ISIS or the support it garnered, had there been no Anjem Chaudhary to begin with. I probably am biased since I grew up amongst militancy.
          There would be no ISIS if 190k Syrians did not die by Assad and misgovernance by Maliki. It's not like the world did not want to do anything about it, they just could not stop it.

Communal unrest of the highest order. Going beyond the LTT.

A minority is threatened and has to take on the state to survive. The call for volunteers goes out and is heard worldwide leaving all of us to deal with the aftermath in our own lands.

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          And not before time
          A pre-emptive move. If you can stop a fire from starting then all the better.

Police said the arrests were not in response to any immediate threat but that the men were held on suspicion of encouraging terrorism and belonging to and supporting a banned organisation.
          "These arrests and searches are part of an ongoing investigation into Islamist-related terrorism," police said in a statement.
          ok

The BBC and Sky News reported that one of the men held was Anjem Choudary, the former head of the now banned organisation al-Muhajiroun. It gained notoriety for staging events to commemorate the Sept. 11, 2001 attacks on the United States with leaflets that referred to the hijackers as "the Magnificent 19".
          Police declined to confirm if Choudary, who has recently spoken out against the West's intervention against Islamic State, had been held or to give further details. There was no answer from his mobile phone when contacted by Reuters.
          The men, aged between 22 and 51, were in custody at police stations in central London while 19 properties across the capital and in Stoke-on-Trent in central England were being searched.
          Choudary's followers have been linked to a number of militant plots in the past, and one of the men who hacked a British soldier to death on a London street in May last year had attended demonstrations the preacher had organised.
          Choudary has never been charged with any terrorism-related crimes.
          Choudary will probably walk but is gagged for now.

In 2011 his home and a community centre in east London where he used to teach were raided by counter-terrorism police. He told Reuters at the time that he had done nothing illegal.
          "The definition of terrorism is more suitable for the US/UK policy in Muslim lands than those who are removing their oppressive regimes," Choudary said in a tweet he wrote hours before the police arrests.

"The war being waged by the US/UK & co is a war against Islam & Muslims. The objective is to take Muslims away from the Shari'ah (Islamic law)"
          Interesting twisting of facts there, he must be selective to make it fit into his narrative. He's trying to exploit the latest developments to his advantage.
          Last edited by Double Edge; 26 Sep 14,, 13:11.

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5 View Post
            Ah, So what are Drone's and targeted killings by CIA and MI5?
            That's civilized killing.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              Not police and (still) not at home.
              People do tend to miss these little things, don't they :)

and these are the same people who would have supported a hit on Dawoood Ibrahim.
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Choudary has been released , more info to follow .

Comment

I saw this last night on a show where it showed this fellow talking. I obviously am not familiar with him, being in your country, so can you tell me if he is a UK citizen. I assume yes since he got released rather than deported.

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                    I saw this last night on a show where it showed this fellow talking. I obviously am not familiar with him, being in your country, so can you tell me if he is a UK citizen. I assume yes since he got released rather than deported.
                    Citizen by birth.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                      Citizen by birth.
                      Too bad

Comment

Is it surprising? As far as I know, being a moron is not a crime

Do you think that ghettoisation of Muslims somehow makes his job easier?
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                          Is it surprising? As far as I know, being a moron is not a crime

Do you think that ghettoisation of Muslims somehow makes his job easier?
                          Yes of course , most of his rallies are in and around tower hamlets and brick lane areas in Londonistan but he does venture to other areas to preach to the converted , this from a former drunk , druggy n womaniser , hes a nauseating c##t .

Comment

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
                            Too bad
                            Too bad because these guys inspire others to actually be more violent while they keep their hands clean.

Police: Woman beheaded at Oklahoma workplace - SFGate

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                              There would be no ISIS if 190k Syrians did not die by Assad and misgovernance by Maliki. It's not like the world did not want to do anything about it, they just could not stop it.

Communal unrest of the highest order. Going beyond the LTT.

A minority is threatened and has to take on the state to survive. The call for volunteers goes out and is heard worldwide leaving all of us to deal with the aftermath in our own lands.
                              Frankly that is BS. Assad did not kill all those 190k people. That is the UN estimate for the entire death toll till now, which includes combatants from both sides in addition to civilians. It's a frickin civil war. You make it sound like Assad massacred 190k peaceful protesters. Assad may be a power-hungry dictator, but lets not go overboard here.

And the minority threatened with misgovernance in Iraq has a nice way of responding - kill the other minorities in the area they dominate , rape women and sell them as slaves. ISIS fighters are mostly locals is what we are told. You are doing a disservice here by propagating the false-victimhood that the wahhabi financiers from Saudi Arabia and other wealthy Arab states use to brainwash the recruits.
                              Last edited by Firestorm; 26 Sep 14,, 23:00.

Comment

Originally posted by Firestorm View Post
                                Frankly that is BS. Assad did not kill all those 190k people. That is the UN estimate for the entire death toll till now, which includes combatants from both sides in addition to civilians. It's a frickin civil war. You make it sound like Assad massacred 190k peaceful protesters. Assad may be a power-hungry dictator, but lets not go overboard here.

And the minority threatened with misgovernance in Iraq has a nice way of responding - kill the other minorities in the area they dominate , rape women and sell them as slaves. ISIS fighters are mostly locals is what we are told. You are doing a disservice here by propagating the false-victimhood that the wahhabi financiers from Saudi Arabia and other wealthy Arab states use to brainwash the recruits.
                                Dude...what?

95% of IS funding is from oil, ransoms, and taxes (extortion). Furthermore, majority of foriegn IS fighters are entering from Turkey. The insinuations are just too far, and do nothing to understand what IS really is. There are estimates that IS will have $100-200million SURPLUS (some even say higher, WAY HIGHER) this year...if the independent gulf financiers cut off IS, it wouldn't even make a difference, not now anyway.

To me, this absurd income is what scares me the most about IS, hence, why I follow it closely.
                                Last edited by Squirrel; 26 Sep 14,, 23:30. Reason: cuz...sucka
                                "We are all special cases." - Camus

Comment

Working...
                                X