No announcement yet.

Scotland votes NO for independance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nigel Farage has written to all Scottish MPs asking them not to vote on English matters,

Quite right!

What do they know about Sharia Law anyway? :whome:

Comment

Originally posted by Batista View Post
      45-55 is a close call.

Just a difference of 5.
      Originally posted by snapper View Post
      Maths not your strong point?
      I thought the "Maths" here was easy to understand but let me explain.

You calculated 55-45 = 10 which is correct.

But a 50-50 would mean a tie so basically the 5% added to the 50 made the difference and that's what I suggested but perhaps this "Maths" was too difficult to understand.

Got it Einstein?
      Last edited by Batista; 22 Sep 14,, 09:58.

Comment

This is an old thread, but this is also an old topic.

Originally posted by Timeline
        27 January 2018
        Who Was The Real William Wallace?
        Braveheart | Timeline

Tony Robinson goes on the trail of William Wallace, the Scottish warrior whose story was told in the film Braveheart.

Comment

And that segues into more current events...
          Originally posted by Bloomberg
          29 June 2022
          Sturgeon Plans Scottish Independence Referendum in 2023

First Minister Nicola Sturgeon says the Scottish parliament "has a clear democratic mandate" to push for a second vote on national independence. "My determination is to secure a process that allows the people of Scotland, whether 'Yes,' 'No,' or 'Yet to be decided,' to express their views in a legal constitutional referendum," Sturgeon said in a statement to lawmakers in Edinburgh, Tuesday.
          Last edited by JRT; 29 Jun 22,, 13:12.

Comment

Originally posted by JRT View Post
            And that segues into more current events...
            Hope the Brexiters are happy This is called shooting yourself in the foot after being warned that you were holding a loaded gun with your finger on the trigger pointed at your foot.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

The Economist has an article stating that there is little likelihood of a referendum actually happening (this time) because of Constitutional issues. This motion by Sturgeon is assessed as an exercise in going through the motions just to so she can say she 'tried' and keep the hard core nationalists in her party off her back. In any event surveys apparently show no great change in public sentiment about the issue since the last failed attempt back in 2014.
              Last edited by Monash; 30 Jun 22,, 05:08.
              If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post

Hope the Brexiters are happy This is called shooting yourself in the foot after being warned that you were holding a loaded gun with your finger on the trigger pointed at your foot.
                Brexiteers point blank refuse to accept that Scotland has a right to leave the UK. There might be a few exceptions, but the consistency with which those who demanded their 'freedom' from the much lesser control of Brussels insist Scotland can't do the same from London is remarkable.
                sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                  The Economist has an article stating that there is little likelihood of a referendum actually happening (this time) because of Constitutional issues. This motion by Sturgeon is assessed as an exercise in going through the motions just to so she can say she 'tried' and keep the hard core nationalists in her party off her back. In any event surveys apparently show no great change in public sentiment about the issue since the last failed attempt back in 2014.
                  It worked for David Cameron.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed View Post

It worked for David Cameron.
                    He [ulled the trigger on that never expecting the results he got. And then he slunk off into the wilderness.
                    “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                    Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post

He [ulled the trigger on that never expecting the results he got. And then he slunk off into the wilderness.
                      AR, I am sure you know this, the reply was sarcasm.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazed View Post

AR, I am sure you know this, the reply was sarcasm.
                        Oh, I know. I am still pissed at him for being so glib and allowing his country to be thrown into peril.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                        X