Australia’s Biggest Terror Bust: Public Beheading allegedly planned by ISIS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Louis View Post
    I'm sorry mate. I really meant it when I said it wasn't personal. I didn't know you were in the job and I bet a ton of you got deliveries of shit you didn't deserve. It was a particular time and place, and the only reason I discussed it was to reinforce the point that the police didn't do anything wrong shooting that little bugger on this occasion. Even an inveterate critic agrees!
    Understood. its just one of my personal bug bears on forums like this are broad brush statements about any particular group (excepting jokes) be they a political party, profession, religion etc without facts to support it. As for corrupt Police Officers, my personal view is that on balance they are worse than the crooks they were supposed to be chasing - and deserve harsher punishments. As for the shooting, based on whats come out of the coronial inquiry so far, doesn't seen like the officer involved had any good choices. He chose a force option that stopped a lethal assault as quickly as possible. Not much anyone else could have done in his shoes.
    Last edited by Monash; 08 Oct 14,, 09:06.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

More opinion this was a media beat up.

Sword removed in counter-terrorism raids a common plastic decoration, owner reveals

Comment

Originally posted by Samuels creek View Post
        Do you plan to contribute to discussion here, or is it just going to be one liners & links to people who can actually write more than one sentence in a row?
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Samuels creek View Post

So an innocuous item was seized during the execution of a warrant. Therefore the subject of the inquiry is innocent? Is that how it works in your head?

Comment

Chances are they'll get the sword back, along with any other non-evidential property. As for why it was seized in the first place, who knows? There may be a reason we are not aware of since none of us were there at the time, alternatively with hindsight perhaps the seizing officers would agree it should have been left insitu. Either way its not a big issue.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
              Chances are they'll get the sword back, along with any other non-evidential property. As for why it was seized in the first place, who knows? There may be a reason we are not aware of since none of us were there at the time, alternatively with hindsight perhaps the seizing officers would agree it should have been left insitu. Either way its not a big issue.
              There is a point to be made about the way it was reported, but I don't much feel like getting into it until our hit & run poster actually commits to a discussion.
              sigpic

Comment

They seek him here, they seek him there. That dammed illusive 'watermelon'. :)

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                  They seek him here, they seek him there. That dammed illusive 'watermelon'. :)
                  Probably out taking it to 'the man'.
                  sigpic

Comment

Working...
                  X