Nellis aggressor squadron being deactivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nellis aggressor squadron being deactivated

Gotta say, these cuts are getting pretty deep, and that's not even touching manning!!! But reading the article, I agree, that F-15's need to play an aggressor role in some capacity, and losing them altogether is a dicey situation.

Video:
    http://content.jwplatform.com/videos...K-mrXGx98k.mp4

Pretty through read!
    USAF's Dubious Priorities Result In Axing Of F-15 Aggressor Squad

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/l...ng-deactivated

I am surprised the USAF would cut the F-15 squadron before one of the two F-16 squadrons. That being said, I do think that the USAF needs to buy as many F-35s as they can. The last thing they need is a repeat of the F-22 that leaves them with 200 aircraft and a shuttered production line.

Comment

They'll keep the F-16s because they can replicate a wider variety of threats. It's easier for them to pretend to be a Su-30 than it is for an F-15 to pretend to be a MiG-29. That said, this pisses me off. Even I could see the drop off in quality of training during my brief career, and the cuts haven't slowed yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy View Post
        They'll keep the F-16s because they can replicate a wider variety of threats. It's easier for them to pretend to be a Su-30 than it is for an F-15 to pretend to be a MiG-29. That said, this pisses me off. Even I could see the drop off in quality of training during my brief career, and the cuts haven't slowed yet.

How many A/C are there in the Navy/Marine Aggressor squadrons?

Comment

I don't have any special insight into that, but I would assume it's comparable to the USAF squadrons, or probably a little smaller. I've actually only worked with them a few times, once at WTI and a few times in F-22 v T-38 scenarios. WTI was the only time I've actually been on the ground near them, but that was for a simulated air campaign so they didn't want us mingling. We spent most of our off time trying to find a bar that didn't suck.

Comment

Working...
          X