RIP Dave Lukins :(

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mohan View Post
    Tankie I used to enjoy reading many posts where you both pulled each others legs. I will miss them and understand how sad it is for you to miss a friend like him.
    Thanks Mohan , we have been doing that since we 1st met in 1969 , im still feeling numb at the mo , the only good thing in this tragedy is that his demise was quick , no suffering .

Comment

RIP Dave, see you in the tank park in the sky one day, good bye pal.
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Originally posted by toemag View Post
        RIP Dave, see you in the tank park in the sky one day, good bye pal.
        Wow Tony , glad you made it back , even tho its not the best of threads , we will all miss the MAN .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
          Thanks Mohan , we have been doing that since we 1st met in 1969 , im still feeling numb at the mo , the only good thing in this tragedy is that his demise was quick , no suffering .
          I'm so sorry for your loss Tankie. A friend like that is a gift from on high and his absence will always be keenly felt. Take comfort that he is at peace and you have 45 years of memories to make you smile when you miss him.

Comment

Very sorry to read of this. Another core member of WAB lost.

I think the last post of Dave's I read was on the Minskaya in Memoriam thread, and when I saw this thread I felt very deflated.

Sorry for the loss of your friend Tankie.

Comment

This is just too much. Minnie, and now Dave...

My sincere condolences to his family.

I thought this year would be better than 2013 when we have lost 2 members. 2014 is trying to prove me wrong.

I really really hate these threads...
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Daves funeral is scheduled for fri 26th at Northwich crematorium .

from f/b

Andrew Lukins

Dear all.......Thank you, again, for all your lovely messages. They have been very much appreciated. We now know that Dave passed from a heart attack brought on by chronic heart disease (he did not suffer). We have finally managed to arrange for his Cremation to be held on 26th September at 1130 hrs. This will take place at the Vale Royal Crematorium, CW9 8RP and will be followed by drinks, food and good memories at Winnington Park Recreation Club, CW8 4EB. We would very much appreciate if people who wish to attend could let us know

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                  I really really hate these threads...
                  yep

he was always there in the welcoming party for new members, greeting them in their own languages.

Everybody here knows dave.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    yep

he was always there in the welcoming party for new members, greeting them in their own languages.

Everybody here knows dave.
                    Aye he was a great wordsmith .

Comment

I shall raise a fine libation in his honor this coming Friday. RIP Dave!
                      "So little pains do the vulgar take in the investigation of truth, accepting readily the first story that comes to hand." Thucydides 1.20.3

Comment

Sat in silence and not looking forward to tomorrow at all .

Comment

Just got back from nuts final last parade , it was very well attended and his son George gave a very emotional eulogy which summed Dave up to a T , a man I 1st met in 69 in Ossnabruckke and one of im proud to say became a best mate along with others , a gentleman / scholar / sportsman and excellent soldier , we kept in touch and quaffed a few , Nuts will be sadly missed by family and friends alike , RIP m8 RIP

Comment

i feel deeply sorry for the passing of mr. lukins, a true gentelman. i will deeply miss him.

tankie, my condolences to you too.

this is the saddest day on wab to me, to write 3 such posts in row.
                            If i only was so smart yesterday as my wife is today

Minding your own biz is great virtue, but situation awareness saves lives - Dok

Comment

Rest in peace, Dave.

Comment

Working...
                              X