X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pistorious not guilty

OJ Simpson style , IMO hes gotten away with murder

:pari:

I found it interesting that South Africa doesn't have juries, only a judge. I'm not going to criticize it for that, just found it interesting. Apparently, this judge was known for being tough as nails too. I hope she gives Pistorious the maximum sentence for negligent homicide (do they call it homicide there?), whatever it is.

Comment

That summing up is for tomorrow .

Comment

If he got away with murder its the prosecutions fault.

Comment

Originally posted by Goatboy View Post
          I found it interesting that South Africa doesn't have juries, only a judge. I'm not going to criticize it for that, just found it interesting. Apparently, this judge was known for being tough as nails too. I hope she gives Pistorious the maximum sentence for negligent homicide (do they call it homicide there?), whatever it is.
          Apparently the judge also consults with a pair of advisors, though they don't determine her/his decision. If the evidence didn't support murder then so be it. None of us were there, we don't have a clue what happened. Happy for him to get a decent stretch, however.
          sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
            Apparently the judge also consults with a pair of advisors, though they don't determine her/his decision. If the evidence didn't support murder then so be it. None of us were there, we don't have a clue what happened. Happy for him to get a decent stretch, however.
            I tend to agree. Even if Pistorius did what he did on purpose, I don't think I'll be faulting the South African judiciary for failing to bring that out. Seems he got a fair shake at least as far as my amateur eyes and ears are telling me.

side note: in a previous comment I wondered if they had such a thing as "negligent homicide". After reading a couple articles I discovered that it's defined "culpable homicide". I do hope he gets charged with that lesser count in the next stage...

Comment

He has been found guilty of culpable homicide (manslaughter in the UK ,,murder by another name ) , and for negligently discharging a firearm in a restaurant , ??, fuckin around with guns in public ,,what a cowboy arsehole . Shows what he was about ,total disregard for others safety , he will be sentenced in about 1 month .He could receive a fine and be freed , FFS ????????

I dont know how her family will re,act or if there are avenues they can follow like the OJ debacle , maybe some'one with knowledge of S/A laws etc can fill in the holes , looking at him now with his crocodile tears , yes Jason , prosecutors fault IMHO .
              Last edited by tankie; 12 Sep 14,, 10:45.

Comment

Thanks to the Pistorius verdict, millions of South African women are shitting themselves....
                ...instead of using a toilet!

Instead of the locks on toilet doors reading engaged /vacant ,,,they are being changed to shoot dont shoot .

Comment

Hope he gets the maximum 15 years. According to this article, legal experts are thinking 5 years is more likely

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/judge-r...NUdhgAmCRXNyoA

Comment

5 years ,out in 10 months to serve the rest in his home FFS :slap:

The irony now is Oscar Pistorius will wake up to a burglar actually using his toilet!!

Comment

It is a rare occasion when both the family of the accused & the family of the deceased declare themselves 'satisfied' with a verdict. As my only knowledge of events comes from the media I'm prepared to back that.
                      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I was taken aback when her family said they were satisfied , unbelievable . But thats their call.

Comment

Working...
                        X