X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Minskaya In Memoriam

To All WAB Members,

As many of you have noted, Minskaya has been absent from the board for the month or so. She communicated privately to the Staff that she was traveling home to Ukraine and that her ultimate destination was "east of the Dnieper River".

It is with great sadness that we must now report the apparent death of Minskaya.

While the message informing us of this tragic news came from her sister and appears to be genuine, we have been unable to establish the exact circumstances of her death. Her sister merely informed us that she "did not suffer", and in reply to our return message asking for more details, said only that she died in the eastern conflict zone "precisely where she wanted to be." The Staff passed along the deepest condolences of the WAB to her family and expressed our immense respect for Minskaya.

Her sister further stated that Minnie had intended to post a Ukrainian music video to the WAB at the next opportunity. Her sister was able to access her WAB account and that post can now be found here.

I want to stress again that we have no way of authenticating this information nor obtaining further details. At this time we can only mourn the passing of a wonderful woman and pray that the conflict in Ukraine comes to a peace conclusion.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Oh my , so very saddened to read this ,I hope its not true T/H , however if it is . RIP soldier , RIP .

Attached Files

Comment

As long as information is not certain 100%,hope must not be abandoned.If true,Present Arms!
      Those who know don't speak
      He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

God love her and hold her close. I miss her so much already. The only solace is knowing she now lies at peace beneath blue Ukrainian skies.

This has been the most painful news of a soul uniquely capable of giving so much. She loved this board and its members tremendously. We've suffered a grievous loss.

Farewell, Minnie.
        "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
        "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

A damn shame.
          RIP
          For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Speechless and in shock.

Contacted Ben to see if he has some sort of info.

If this is true, I am really hopeful she found her inner peace and that her ultimate sacrifice was worth it.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

God Bless.

I'm lost for words.
              Last edited by Officer of Engineers; 07 Sep 14,, 17:01.
              Chimo

Comment

horrified

Comment

Losing Shamus and Whiskie was damn hard...but THIS!

So young and vital.

However, I am sure that duty called and her conscience answered.

Where do we get such men....and women?

God bless you and may you be in His hand forever.

Ar dheas Dé go raibh a anam.
                  “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                  Mark Twain

Comment

I haven't heard anything from her, we weren't really in touch.

Such a shame. ברוך דיין האמת
                    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Horrible news. RIP.

Comment

Guys,

If you have any kind of communication with her family or friends and if there is something at all we can do, please let me know.
                        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

The loss to her family and her country are far greater than ours. But we're losers too whenever a member passes away. I'll miss her sometimes feisty comments and her insights on Israeli operations and other military topics.

I suspect she died in the conflict in Ukraine. How and in what capacity, we may never know. She was too vibrant to pass away of natural causes. I hope her sister is right that she "felt no pain" and that she was where she wanted to be. It appears she had the courage of her convictions. There is no higher virtue.
                          To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                            Guys,

If you have any kind of communication with her family or friends and if there is something at all we can do, please let me know.
                            Dok, I'm sure the family would appreciate knowing that. You should know that at the moment it appears the family plans no further communication with us, but whatever we learn, we will share with everyone.
                            To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Totally shocked at this news. She was a staunch Wabber and we will certainly miss her. Farewell Minnie RIP

Comment

Working...
                              X