Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Minskaya In Memoriam

Senior Contributor
    As others have stated, a huge loss to WAB and a huge loss to the Ukraine. I can only presume from her contribution here that she will be an immense loss to her family. There is no equality in character in humanity.

FreeGeneral Senior Contributor Big K's Avatar
    Terrible news.

RIP Minskaya :( :( :(
    Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

I am tearing up at my work place, my colleagues are starings at me when I started repeartdly smacking my head. Is there ny way toverigy this info. Hoope this is not one fucking joke.
    Seek Save Serve Medic

In Memoriam Military Professional dave lukins's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S2 View Post
    Snapper is making some breakthroughs based on what little we know. We've got an I.D. which appears to match her description with the Donbas volunteer battalion during the period in question. We know the general area of operations was Illovaisk. I'm hopeful for a name. That'll close the loop on the bare facts.

IIRC, bad things happened to that battalion at Illovaisk. Really bad. Heartbreaking.
    Battle of Ilovaisk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I consider myself a calm and tempered person, but boy did that Wiki article make my blood boil.
    "Draft beer, not people."

Senior Contributor
    Quote Originally Posted by Red Team View Post
    I consider myself a calm and tempered person, but boy did that Wiki article make my blood boil.
    I was reading the accounts and could not bring myself to post them here. Minnie must have went through hell for her country. She is in a much better place now.

Staff Emeritus
    Military Professional
    Contrary by Nature.
    RIP, we didn't agree but I did not wish her ill.

I am shocked and saddened.

This is terrible. I will miss her humor, insight and passion for exposing injustice, especially against women, wherever she found it
    "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

This is a most stunning and humbling turn of events. I can't put any words to feelings, except sadness and shock, but it goes much deeper.

I had only few and fleeting interactions with her on WAB, but she was always fair and open-minded with me. Welcoming. It was refreshing.

I am absolutely humbled by her sacrifice and deeply saddened to hear of her tragic passing.
    "We are all special cases." - Camus

Military Professional
    Quote Originally Posted by antimony View Post
    This is terrible. I will miss her humor, insight and passion for exposing injustice, especially against women, wherever she found it
    I'm smiling about this now ... but she did put more than a few of us to shame with her passion.
    Chimo

Global Moderator
    Military Professional
    Bandaid

I just read this account and lost for words. We lost a friend who gave her all for the land she loved so much.

I recently had my job profile expanded with the middle-east region included, and I at once thought that here was a chance to meet Ben and Minnie in person. Little did I know that her unit was fighting a bitter battle that would take her away from us.

I feel as if I have lost someone from my own regiment.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

The highest contribution one can give to their country, is to sacrifice their life defending it. Minskaya you will not be forgotten. God bless you, may you rest in peace.

Contributor
    She was just here for Christ sakes. She seemed so safe, casually commenting like the rest of us, intellectually engaged like the rest of us, sitting in her desk chair, eyes on her monitor, fingers on her keyboard, sipping her coffee, just like the rest of us. So morbid, so surreal, so unexpected. Fucking sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Goatboy View Post
    She was just here for Christ sakes. She seemed so safe, casually commenting like the rest of us, intellectually engaged like the rest of us, sitting in her desk chair, eyes on her monitor, fingers on her keyboard, sipping her coffee, just like the rest of us. So morbid, so surreal, so unexpected. Fucking sucks.
    Life's a fickle mistress dude, never take it for granted.
    "Draft beer, not people."

Military Professional Deltacamelately's Avatar
    Shocked beyond words.

Rest in Peace Minnie.

Hope all this is not true and she is comes back to us.
    And on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Thread Information