Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What sad news! She was a sober voice and clear mind here on the board and I enjoyed her posts. I hope she rests in peace now if it is indeed true that she has fallen.

Comment

I am truly shocked of this news my heart goes with her family and may she rest in peace in heaven. You will definitely be missed minskaya
      Last edited by commander; 08 Sep 14,, 16:02.

Comment

The sense of loss I feel gives me a window into just how great a hole she must leave in the lives of her friends and family. Minnie was all class. In her time here she lifted the tone of the forum. Her ability to combine reason & passion is something we can all aspire to. Her love for her homeland & sense of duty is inspiring. Just had too much life left to live.

Pass on our condolences to her family. Let them know she touched lives all over the world.
        sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Found this in the Mail newspaper but not sure of course: ''A woman was killed and three others injured as heavy fighting rocked a port in eastern Ukraine, just hours into a ceasefire between the government and rebel forces. Gunfire and heavy shelling struck Mariupol overnight, after pro-Russian fighters bombarded a government-held checkpoint at the strategic port on the Sea of Azov, triggering a firefight. A 33-year-old woman was killed in the shelling, the first civilian casualty since the ceasefire began on Friday evening, according to local media reports.''

Comment

How passionate she was about the Ukrainian affair, I doubt she lost her life as a civilian. Just a thought.
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

What little I know tells me she died somewhere between August 28th and Sept. 3rd. We know she was alive on August 26th. The staff was alerted to her death on the morning of September 5th (approx. 1700 hrs GMT) and informed she'd been buried wearing her traditional Ukrainian blouse and wild flowers on family property in Zaporozhe oblast.

Such would suggest a death considerably earlier than September 5th. I fear she was swept up in the maelstrom around Luhansk Airport. Matters took a furious turn for the worse shortly after she indicated she'd be returning to the east. I have my suspicions on what she was doing and that area was a horrific battle zone that very weekend. I pray God was merciful and her death quick and painless.
              Last edited by S2; 08 Sep 14,, 09:14.
              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Sad news.

I dont recall ever interacting with her on this forum although i have seen her regularly post here.

My condolences to her family and friends.

Comment

Always opposed her position on Ukraine and NOW THIS HAPPENS.

:bang:

Was so happy when she joined this place..<cry>
                  Last edited by Double Edge; 08 Sep 14,, 00:46.

Comment

Exactly the thoughts I had when I read the thread.

Don't bang your head so hard. We are here for the sake of the discussion. If we all had same view, we'd better get some beers and watched TV.

Such a shame, still can't digest the information.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Shocking news.

Minsky was a sparkling jewel of vitality and intellect. Her mind melded passion and rationality. She was genuine through and through and had a degree of commitment to her cause and her country that I did not fully appreciate until today.

I am so sad that she is gone. Dying so young and so suddenly at the prime of youth and vitality, it does not feel real. :(

In the last two years we've lost Whiskie, Shamus and now Minsky. Life is uncertain and some times good people are gone long before their time. I just want to take the time and tell my fellow Wabbits that even though I've never met any of you in real life, I appreciate your wisdom, intellect and knowledge. I appreciate our discourse. I appreciate your friendship. I appreciate how genuine many of you are. You are always in my thoughts and I am thankful for being a member of this board. You've had a profound influence on the way I see the world and even on how I live my life.

Minsky, thank you for sharing a part of your life with us. Thank you for sharing your knowledge and intellect, passion and vitality. I will miss you. RIP.

Comment

Originally posted by dave lukins View Post
                        Found this in the Mail newspaper but not sure of course: ''A woman was killed and three others injured as heavy fighting rocked a port in eastern Ukraine, just hours into a ceasefire between the government and rebel forces. Gunfire and heavy shelling struck Mariupol overnight, after pro-Russian fighters bombarded a government-held checkpoint at the strategic port on the Sea of Azov, triggering a firefight. A 33-year-old woman was killed in the shelling, the first civilian casualty since the ceasefire began on Friday evening, according to local media reports.''
                        Dave:

As S2 intimated, the news of her passing came before the ceasefire. Top was sitting on it while he sought more info. But good idea to keep an eye out for news reports.
                        Last edited by JAD_333; 08 Sep 14,, 02:37.
                        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

Stunned at the moment............................................ .............

Comment

If this is true it is a great loss to her family. I am dubious of her having been a civilian in Mariupol as there are plenty of armed Battalions there (including my Brother). If anyone knows her family name I could consult the casualty lists. I pray this not true but should it be so I salute her valour, integrity and courage. I reconfirm my vow not to rest until the principles of territorial integrity and internal reform of Ukraine, for which the fallen were prepared to sacrifice all, are installed and restored. My deepest condolences to her family should this prove to be true. Героям слава!

Last edited by snapper; 08 Sep 14,, 06:22.

Comment

Sara,

That was beautiful. Minnie would certainly have loved it.
                              "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
                              "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Rip

Comment

Working...
                                X