This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
    to quote a response from the last time you vomited all over a thread you are one sick puppy.
    Ambidex's thread-vomiting will shortly cease if he doesn't smarten up.
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Case filed against Ram Gopal Varma for 'poking fun at Lord Ganesha'

More intolerance. What happened to free speech?
      Yeah what happened to free speech just a few examples below.

Vishwaroopam_Islamic_protests_and_banning
      The_Da_Vinci_Code

Comment

Originally posted by commander View Post
        Yeah what happened to free speech just a few examples below.

Vishwaroopam_Islamic_protests_and_banning
        The_Da_Vinci_Code
        You are deviating from the topic at hand. If you're trying to be the Devil's Advocate, then let me tell you that those guys deserve no less than a (6"*2*) cell. Back to the topic at hand.
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

You are deviating from the topic at hand. If you're trying to be the Devil's Advocate, then let me tell you that those guys deserve no less than a (6"*2*) cell. Back to the topic at hand.
          I am not trying to derail this topic in any way or trying to play the "devil's advocate" but just trying to point out to you that it had always been this way and Modi coming to power has got nothing to do with the situation you had posted about.

From when is offending others religious views is considered normal in India anyway ? BTW what connection does it have with "Modi trying to control his zealots" and the case filed against some film producer from AP ?
          Last edited by commander; 06 Sep 14,, 19:09.

Comment

I am not trying to derail this topic in any way or trying to play the "devil's advocate" but just trying to point out to you that it had always been this way and Modi coming to power has got nothing to do with the situation you had posted about.
            Then be smart about it, post it and we can discuss and don't indulge in a drive-by shooting. And I accept that this has been the situation all the while.

What I'm worried about is Modi coming to power promising the revival of the Indian economy and his silence over the whole issue, even when BJP MP's are spewing garbage.

From when is offending others religious views is considered normal in India anyway ?
            If that is not normal, then the BJP Government should enact a law and take away freedom of speech.

BTW what connection does it have with "Modi trying to control his zealots" and the case filed against some film producer from AP ?
            When did I say that?
            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Then be smart about it, post it and we can discuss and don't indulge in a drive-by shooting. And I accept that this has been the situation all the while.
              Sorry I have a life outside WAB and can only spend so much of my time here. I just noticed the topic about Modi and naturally interested and wanted to check on what's going on here and began to start posting by replying to your posts. I don't shy away from debates and I always try to be on the side based on it's credits and not blindly, I thought you knew atleast that much about me whenever I have taken a position in WAB. I never failed to criticize anyone and have called out people on that , eventhough I had agreed with them on many other points. So don't try to make my posts look like a "drive-by-shooting" at the least.

What I'm worried about is Modi coming to power promising the revival of the Indian economy and his silence over the whole issue, even when BJP MP's are spewing garbage.
              Modi is working towards the revival of the economy at his best and I am pretty sure there is a reason behind his silence , maybe there are things happening in the background which you and I don't know about. Our PM had indicated this earlier to leave things like these with him and that he is taking actions behind the screens.

If that is not normal, then the BJP Government should enact a law and take away freedom of speech.
              I am not saying you are not allowed to do or speak anything that you want, but that doesn't mean everyone should be okay with what you say or do and not take offence with your actions. Can you give me statistics on how much of these cases had the person who was speaking-his-mind was punished ? By your words then MP's who are spewing venom has their right to speak what they want to isn't it ? Will that be acceptable ? Absolutely no. Your right to speech should not mean you trample on others rights.

When did I say that?
              What relevance did that post of yours had to do with the topic that is being discussed about ?

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                My guess is that Modi does not care, as long as the people are polarized and vote or a "hindu" party.
                This is serious trampling of religious freedom in our country.
                You can read what you want out of this. My take is..

Mr. Rajeshwar singh has been at this some time now. Would it make any impact if an article like this came out last year. He's doing the same thing this year and will continue to do the same next year. But for some reason doing it this year is more 'ominous'.

All this in aid of some minor by elections in UP. Storm in a teacup, but i suppose i better get used to it.

Mulayam is sitting pretty, UP goes to the polls in 2017. Till then UP is his turf. Expect there will be turf encroaching by interested parties. It will get messy. Remember, its just business.

Singh is affiliated to the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS), the vast nationalist volunteer organisation that aims to unify Hindus "to carry the nation to the pinnacle of glory".

The RSS brought Prime Minister Narendra Modi into politics as a young man and its foot soldiers helped cement his May election victory.
                yep, let's lead the dumb readers along so they reach the right conclusion, which is...

Modi won because everyone that voted for him is a radical or will soon be a radicalised hindu.

A pamphlet named "Love Jihad" is being widely circulated by members of RSS at Hindu weddings, festivals and outside colleges across the country.
                wonder if Bollywood got the memo. They've been making movies about inter-community, inter caste love affairs for decades

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
                At least I feel indicated now....just as I had been warning all along.
                Too early for any vindication.

We all knew this would happen.
                As long as they support him and his policies I doubt Modi gives a crap.
                Why should he reply to obvious bait. He has decided to talk directly to the people because the media is going to twist everything he says. Worked well during the elections, straight from the horse's mouth is always better.

the media is the opposition's mouth piece. Before these elections we heard all the bad things about the last govt. This helped in no small measure to unseat them. Now we hear about bad things that will happen with this govt. The gameplan is the same.

shows are watched, product sold. Shareholders happy.

Plus its sort of an insurance policy in case his economic revival doesn't work out as planned.
                A strongly polarized society is in his interest as re election would become guaranteed.
                he was voted in by 18-25yr olds who expect jobs. if he does not manage it, he's gone in the next polls. Either that or its coalition time again.
                Last edited by Double Edge; 06 Sep 14,, 23:29.

Comment

Conspiracy?
                  Yes indeed you have conspired with convoluted reasoning to somehow conclude that from my statement such things are happening!
                  I said the video looked fake.

Come spend some time in Karnataka and you will realize anyone saying stuff like that would have been roughed up.

Oh yes, people should treat your words as gospel truth.

So far all you have done is telling me twice that video is fake but no sound reason why it is a fake video.

Your reasoning that she would have been beaten fast if the scenario was real is ordinarily childish. People can invent many good reason why she might have escaped the bashing.

I seriously don't know what is your stand on all this issue, because you have admitted yourself that such activities are happening in Karnataka. If missionaries are crossing their limits then why there shouldn't be open debate by so called rational posters to hear other side of the story. All I can see here is people jumping to conclusions, threads been opened with patronizing titles, posters accusing others of lying on the very first page?

to quote a response from the last time you vomited all over a thread you are one sick puppy
                  That is quite low on hygiene by anyone's standards I hope you will explain more on why you have got worked up; before I fix it my way. I can see Moderators have intervened but strangely addressing me in a caution to your diatribe. I will accept that caution and moderate my words.
                  Last edited by ambidex; 07 Sep 14,, 00:14.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                    the media is the opposition's mouth piece. Before these elections we heard all the bad things about the last govt. This helped in no small measure to unseat them. Now we hear about bad things that will happen with this govt. The gameplan is the same.
                    Just adding to your points.

In an Ideal world this should be a good thing that government in power goes through media scrutiny.

I measure media's role by 'who' exposed the scam first and persuade the story to its logical conclusion. In my understanding the main stream PVT media is quite resourceful to invest time and money digging into facts but I have seen most of the UPA scams were exposed by one channel and rest starting with first UPA rebuttals and then carrying the story for sake of preserving their own credibility.

I mean the devil is in details vis a vis media's role. Regardless of people active on social media, the quantity of content that is getting served to us 24x7 is very difficult for people to respond to their liking and understanding of propaganda. At the end of the day media wins hands down and people use their material conveniently.
                    Last edited by ambidex; 07 Sep 14,, 00:39.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                      Maybe you missed the memo.

WE the people did decide.

Overwhelmingly.

That's why they're there.

That's why they're staying there.
                      Maybe you missed your the memo from your own political masters.

Modi (apparently) ran on development, nothing to do with religion. The people voted him for jobs, growth, taming inflation, not so that RSS can spread their hate around.

Or are you saying that Modi is/was a barefaced liar?
                      "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

This Love Jihad crap does not concern me too much. This one does

Four Men Who Converted To Islam Arrested in Madhya Pradesh

What business is it of the state to give me permission to convert?
                        "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Sorry I have a life outside WAB and can only spend so much of my time here. I just noticed the topic about Modi and naturally interested and wanted to check on what's going on here and began to start posting by replying to your posts. I don't shy away from debates and I always try to be on the side based on it's credits and not blindly, I thought you knew atleast that much about me whenever I have taken a position in WAB. I never failed to criticize anyone and have called out people on that , eventhough I had agreed with them on many other points. So don't try to make my posts look like a "drive-by-shooting" at the least.
                          Your personal life is your concern. You indeed went by doing a drive-by as post # 28 does not mention Modi, nor did I.

Modi is working towards the revival of the economy at his best and I am pretty sure there is a reason behind his silence , maybe there are things happening in the background which you and I don't know about. Our PM had indicated this earlier to leave things like these with him and that he is taking actions behind the screens.
                          Silence from the CEO makes people jittery, when there are sections in our society that are already afraid. And what action is Mr. Modi taking behind the scenes? Please enlighten me.

I am not saying you are not allowed to do or speak anything that you want, but that doesn't mean everyone should be okay with what you say or do and not take offence with your actions. Can you give me statistics on how much of these cases had the person who was speaking-his-mind was punished ? By your words then MP's who are spewing venom has their right to speak what they want to isn't it ? Will that be acceptable ? Absolutely no. Your right to speech should not mean you trample on others rights.
                          RGV spoke about an entity that does not exist, while Yogi Adityanath, Laxmikant Bajpai and the likes spew venom against the very living citizens of this country.Your argument fails unless you prove it that Lord Ganesha does exist, with an elephant like head and is pissed off at RGV's comments and has nominated you or anyone else to seek action on his behalf.

What relevance did that post of yours had to do with the topic that is being discussed about ?
                          Since you missed it from the beginning, it was about tolerance and free speech.
                          Last edited by Oracle; 07 Sep 14,, 05:05.

Comment

Heroes emerge amid loot and arson in Saharanpur

Comment

Originally posted by cataphract View Post
                              Not denying that there are legions of Hindutva trolls on the internet, and on this forum, but if someone told you that Hinduism does not allow conversion, they weren't lying.
                              Some were, others were just ignorant.

The predominant part of Hinduism. Reconversion is being pushed by Hindu reform movements that are antithetical to orthodox Brahminism. To throw another wrench in the narrative, orthodox Brahminism does allow conversion, but only en masse, not as individuals.
                              I'm looking more & more correct by the minute. Either you are wrong, unusually well informed about Hinduism, or a few folk have been misleading me even more than I suspected.

If that's the flavour you're looking for, I suggest you gather up a few thousand Irish Catholics and invade Punjab. If you manage to win and settle down, we'll find a place in the caste heirarchy for you lot
                              Don't lump me in with that mob. Hasn't been a member of my family born in Ireland for around 140 years & hasn't been a Catholic since my great grandmother died - before I was born. If your nation is prepared to accept a bunch of mad Micks in the caste system you are in bigger strife than I thought.

It's also not a secret that Modi has clamped down on the most religiously vocal cadres in the BJP and toned down the religious rhetoric. Just look at the election manifesto and the statements he is making after being elected.
                              Just to be clear, I'm not taking a position on the idea of 'Modi's thugs', just pointing out that this group has powerful connections. That instantly makes it a more concerning prospect than if they were just our by themselves. I'm not aware that BJP members have been resigning from the RSS en masse , so a connection remains.

Will get to this part later, life is calling.
                              Look forward to it.

To give you something to chew on, I'll just stake out my reasons for caring about this. I dislike bad history & the creation of narratives based on ignorance or falsehoods. Part of that is simply because I love history & don't like to see it mangled for questionable purposes. In the main, however, I dislike it because people use bad history for political ends. it was clear to me from the outset that the idea that Hinduism doesn't and never has allowed for conversion had a distinct political/nationalist edge. It plays into particular narratives about India as victim. 'Other religions conquer & convert us, we don't do that to them'. This is also ties up with the idea of Hinduism as equivalent to national identity. Victimhood narratives are powerful & increasingly pervasive. They are used to bind & motivate. They are used to absolve people & nations of responsibility & justify terrible things. It is clear to me that there is a powerful strain in Indian nationalism that clings to them like a drowning man to a life preserver. You only have to look at the often violent responses among relatively sober folk on WAB when some of those narratives are challenged to see that.

Most societies & peoples have their times as victim & perpetrator. The problem is when we treat the former as the whole story & pretend the latter doesn't exist or is justified by our victimhood. You are aware of my ethnic background, so you know that I speak on this with deep knowledge. Some of my ancestors came to this nation in chains from a place that remains occupied by another nation. That sense of persecution survived them by generations into my lifetime. There is plenty of victimhood to go around without weaving half truths & fabrications into the narrative. It is enough to say that Hinduism is different in history, structure & tradition to other religions without distorting the facts & weaving it, consciously or otherwise, into narratives of persecution & victimhood. I appreciate your clear eyed approach to the discussion. it stands in stark contrast to the histrionics of some others.
                              sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Love Jihad started in Kerala years ago, it wasnt a word coined by the RSS or BJP, rather it was by Achuthanathan Communist Party Leader.

Not a big fan of RSS, but since there is no nationalist secularist in the offing, who can stand against minority appeasement, Islamic terror and their persecution of non religious and Hindu's. I guess I will take the RSS.

Northern Kerala is ruled by Muslims, there are many places where Christians and Hindus are not allowed to buy land or own homes.

Comment

Working...
                                X