X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Johnny's war is done.

No home for Johnny now.

Johnny can't march.

But Johnny's grandkids might just get a 1000 nuke salute as a Thank You from those he fought for in killing two monsters.

Comment

• SB,

First of all, the Germans and the Japanese started the war.

Second, if they had the capability to hit LA, NYC or DC, they would have done it. Even more if they could do it with nukes.

Third, I am not aware that the Allies massed civilians into labor camps, gassed them, raped the female population...

Since you hate the allies and approve the Axis powers, let me know when you will find records for atrocities committed by the allies that are as half as brutal as those of the Axis powers.

If you continue this way, you will prove some of the members here that placed you in Nazi glorifying youth camp.
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• None of the Germans or Japanese today started that war.

None of the Allied countries' citizens today bled in that war.

Everyone is dead and gone. Merged in the same soil. Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

Move on.
        Last edited by sated buddha; 15 Sep 14,, 10:51.

Comment

• Those alive today glorify those who started that war. And there are still alive vets from that war. On both sides.

It's not about saying sorry from anyone. It is about not going back and doing the same mistake again.

Am not moving on on this.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Why would they not glorify and pay respect to their dead?

Who are you or anyone else to take that away from them?

Their masters?

You are Macedonian? Take pride in Alexander?

We think of him as a gay butcher. A war criminal.

Will you stop considering him your hero?
            Last edited by sated buddha; 15 Sep 14,, 10:56.

Comment

• Why are you distorting the discussion?

Comment

• Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                I'm sorry Commander, but that just isn't going to fly here. You made a 'speculation' that was deeply offensive & without foundation. If I 'speculate' that a member of WAB is a paedophile the defence that 'there is no evidence that he/she is not' won't stop me from being banned & losing the respect of anyone here who respects me. The general rule is that the more extreme the claim, the higher the burden of proof. We are talking about 2.5 million volunteers here. if you are going to allege that they were coerced you need evidence. lack of evidence isn't a free for all to just make things up, especially things that cast millions of brave men in such a negative light. I'm prepared to accept that you didn't mean to offend, but pleas think a bit more before you make such speculations.

If one of the white posters here showed the lack of respect for these men that some Indians do the 'victimhood brigade' would be lining up to make accusations of racism & 'colonial mentality'.

Here is a small fragment:

British Indian Army Archives - Indian Memory Project :: Indian Memory Project

Here is part 1 of a British documentary with plenty of Indian voices. The remainder is on youtube. Watch the whole thing. has some flaws, but you get some first hand accounts. Interestingly the Indian Government wouldn't let the program do interviews in India. Wonder why?

I'm sure there is more if you care to look.
                BF, The British officers in India weren't some sort of kind hearted , light going who mingled well with the local populace. There were the likes of Brigadier-General Reginald Dyer, who killed people en masse. I bet my ass he wasn't the only one and there were many who were as ruthless as him. So now why shouldn't I suspect the British somehow forced these men ? If I have to accuse someone in WAB of paedophile I wouldn't just start accusing now would I. Unless I see some hints I am not mad enough to accuse anyone of anything. Since I know the British were capable of doing so and had done worse to my countrymen before I have every right to speculate they might have just done that. But I will say this though, even if they were indeed forced they still fought and saved two nations and possibly altered the course of the entire war for which I have immense respect and am proud of it.

Comment

• @Doktor

Are you again becoming the referee here?

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                    @Doktor

Are you again becoming the referee here?
                    I am not refereeing anything. I am just saying that you can't equal allies and the axis and told you why.

Comment

• Originally posted by Doktor View Post
                      I am not refereeing anything. I am just saying that you can't equal allies and the axis and told you why.
                      Its not about me or you or anyone else equating anything.

Its about today's Japanese being able to openly respect and pay homage to their war veterans and their dead.

Its their right. And they have nothing to feel sorry or contrite about.

As the West always tries to do every time one of their leaders visits the famous shrine of theirs. I have never understood why I do not see many many more open Japanese fingers than those I do see. If this were India, you would see a giant 400 meter tall finger in brass installed in the middle of the ocean off our coastline.

And every year the finger would be venerated and bathed in ghee (clarified butter), rose petals and milk by the masses. It would be our newest festival.
                      Last edited by sated buddha; 15 Sep 14,, 11:40.

Comment

• The topic was Japan investing $35 Billion in India. :confu:

The Chinese woke up and going to invest $ 100 Billion.

Just heard that MODI is going on a US tour and a $ 500 Billion deal would be done.

US keen to Modi-fy ties with India, eyes $500 billion trade | INDIAWRITES
                        In the end, the winner takes it all, and Washington, which once shunned Narendra Modi, has rolled out a charm offensive to court the new leadership in Delhi and set an ambitious target of scaling up India-US bilateral trade five-fold to $500 billion.Iswaraj-officen an earlier message, Kerry had conveyed that the Obama administration was looking forward to welcoming India’s new prime minister Narendra Modi to Washington.

Comment

• 500 billion in trade not in investment.

Thats a pipe dream. Trade with India (imports and exports) is currently around 60 Billion.

500 billion would put you in the #4 spot. Just below China. Not hearing anything like that in US papers.

Comment

• Several years maybe?

Comment

• sated buddha,

Its about today's Japanese being able to openly respect and pay homage to their war veterans and their dead.

Its their right. And they have nothing to feel sorry or contrite about.
                              oh, the japanese have the right to act as they like. and other nations have the right to demonstrate the consequences of the japanese doing so.

there's a difference being venerating the honorable dead and venerating out-and-out war criminals and glorifying militarism. it's pretty amusing for me to see an indian defending Yasukuni shrine this way, because the IJA considered indians to not even be sub-human, but logs.

note the japanese treatment of people within their East Asia Co-prosperity sphere. guess what...india is not considered a part of East asia. your ancestors, for the most part, were actually fairly wise: most of them actually understood that 19th and early-20th century India never had the choice of being NOT dominated. it was either going to be Russia, Japan, or the UK. and if you think the UK's imperialism was on the same level as the first two, you are truly deluded.
                              There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

• Originally posted by astralis View Post
                                sated buddha,

oh, the japanese have the right to act as they like. and other nations have the right to demonstrate the consequences of the japanese doing so.

there's a difference being venerating the honorable dead and venerating out-and-out war criminals and glorifying militarism. it's pretty amusing for me to see an indian defending Yasukuni shrine this way, because the IJA considered indians to not even be sub-human, but logs.

note the japanese treatment of people within their East Asia Co-prosperity sphere. guess what...india is not considered a part of East asia. your ancestors, for the most part, were actually fairly wise: most of them actually understood that 19th and early-20th century India never had the choice of being NOT dominated. it was either going to be Russia, Japan, or the UK. and if you think the UK's imperialism was on the same level as the first two, you are truly deluded.
                                The atrocities of the Japanese has never made to any MSM in India as far as I can remember. Not even during my fathers time I can bet. Even the Holocaust iirc had never made news. So it is not surprise to see many Japanese sympathizers and German admirers (I used to be one too). For us Japan had been this country that was decimated by the US with the use of Nukes crippling it's future generation who did no wrong and that gathers some sympathy from Indian side, also some admiration on how they were able to recover from that kind of damage. As far as Germany is considered we saw a nation that took pride in itself and became one of the greatest countries from the very bottom. Many of us wishes India could rise up just like how they did (minus the atrocities anyway),even with the knowledge of holocaust we can never go that way. It's just not in our system of thinking. If you ask any normal Indian if they would prefer Japan or China without skipping a beat people would opt for Japan. Same for Germany vs UK, Germany would still be an option many would opt to side with.

The common image of a Japanese in India is that they are a hardworking people and country and living in a country where not many care about their country Japan is something that we aspire to be. A hardworking nation that works for the betterment of it's country where everything is efficient etc. Many of this might be just exaggerated too.
                                Last edited by commander; 15 Sep 14,, 13:45.

Comment

Working...
                                X