Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• John Walker

Spy ring mastermind John Walker reportedly dies in prison | Fox News

Can't say I feel bad for this asshole. He caused a great deal of damage and endangered many thousands of American and Allied servicemen had war broken out and we were unaware of the information he had compromised.

You commit a crime, you do the relevant sentience. I will say that the arresting (FBI) officers description of Walker as 'pure evil' is a little over the top if only because that descriptive should be reserved for the type of criminal we read about all to often who inflicts pain, violence and torture etc on their fellow human. Walker was motivated by greed and it that respect he's no different to your average thief/fraudster/conman. I will add that I have never understood the American justice system's penchant for imposing jail sentences e.g. 365 years that are simply physically impossible for any convicted criminal to serve. I mean what the hell is wrong with one word - life.
    Last edited by Monash; 01 Sep 14,, 11:01.
    If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
      Spy ring mastermind John Walker reportedly dies in prison | Fox News

Can't say I feel bad for this asshole. He caused a great deal of damage and endangered many thousands of American and Allied servicemen had war broken out and we were unaware of the information he had compromised.
      I didn't feel this way back then but today, I'm glad he did what he did. It scared the Soviets shitless of what we can do and they can't.
      Chimo

Comment

he was a murderer in the same sense that a mob boss is. He sold peoples lives for cash.... fuck em and good riddence.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
          I will add that I have never understood the American justice system's penchant for imposing jail sentences e.g. 365 years that are simply physically impossible for any convicted criminal to serve. I mean what the hell is wrong with one word - life.
          Life gives the possibility of parole. When you pile on a big sentence, like 365 years, the possibility that the person could serve, say 85% (not sure of the exact percentage), means that they will die in prison.

Comment

The term often used here is simply 'life without parole'.
            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
              The term often used here is simply 'life without parole'.
              In the States there are only a few crimes that can be given the sentence of "Life without Parole". They are the same ones that are eligible for the Death Penalty.

Walker was given a life sentence, but he would have been eligible for parole in 2015. Just as Manson was given life but has been eligible for parole over 20 years.

Comment

Working...
              X