Robin Williams dead.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robin Williams dead.

Say hi to Ernst Hemingway and Tony Scott for us now that you're in the senior section of Club 27.

Saw my first movie of his at the cinema back in the early years of the 90s.

RIP.

Comment

Very sad rip.

Comment

[ATTACH]37638[/ATTACH]

rip
        Attached Files

Comment

RIP. Funniest guy I knew as a kid from Aladdin, Flubber and Jumanji. Funniest guy I knew as an adult watching standup. Pretty much the funniest guy all around.

Comment

Stream-of-consciousness comedic brilliance. Robin Williams live At The Met is must-see tubing.
            "This aggression will not stand, man!" Jeff Lebowski
            "The only true currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." Lester Bangs

Comment

Originally posted by S2 View Post
              Stream-of-consciousness comedic brilliance. Robin Williams live At The Met is must-see tubing.
              Best live comedic performance ever (closely followed by Eddie Murphy's Delirious).
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                Say hi to Ernst Hemingway and Tony Scott for us now that you're in the senior section of Club 27.
                He'll be in the section with Douglas Adams and George Carlin. Way, way out on the fringe.

It always hurts to lose the funny ones.

RIP
                Trust me?
                I'm an economist!

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=QD9QAAEfQEA

Comment

Originally posted by DOR View Post
                    He'll be in the section with Douglas Adams and George Carlin. Way, way out on the fringe.

It always hurts to lose the funny ones.

RIP
                    The funny ones are usually already out on the fringe; Robin managed to walk the fine line between deranged and brilliantly funny (and talented) for years.

I'm busting up (again) watching his underated video "An Evening With Robin Williams":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M9FMrjDasBk
                    "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

it seems like we lost a distant relative maybe a funny & much loved uncle.

RIP Robin Williams, we will miss you.

is it me or the world loses its nice bits day by day and becomes a darker, meanier & ugly place?
                      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

Today is yet another reminder of the toll that depression takes on our societies. Depression is an insidious illness that robs people of their hope & their connection to the world. For every Robin Williams there are thousands more whose suffering we will never see or understand. If anything good can come from the loss of this wonderful, talented man it will be that we are more aware of the hidden suffering all around us. If you are depressed, never give up hope. If you know someone or even think you know someone who suffers depression make sure they know you are always there and never give up on them, no matter how hard they try to make you. it might make all the difference.

Farewell Robin

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

An awful shame RIP Rob , thanks for the laughs , and especially ,good morning vietnam , one of my all time favs . I can totally understand what his battles were as im diagnosed with PTSD and on meds for it , its a bastard .He wont be the last to commit suicide through depression im afraid .

Once again , rest easy Robin , rest easy .
                          Last edited by tankie; 12 Aug 14,, 09:30.

Comment

O Captain! my Captain! our fearful trip is done,
                            The ship has weather’d every rack, the prize we sought is won,
                            The port is near, the bells I hear, the people all exulting,
                            While follow eyes the steady keel, the vessel grim and daring;
                            But O heart! heart! heart!
                            O the bleeding drops of red,
                            Where on the deck my Captain lies,
                            Fallen cold and dead.
                            O Captain! my Captain! rise up and hear the bells;
                            Rise up—for you the flag is flung—for you the bugle trills,
                            For you bouquets and ribbon’d wreaths—for you the shores a-crowding,
                            For you they call, the swaying mass, their eager faces turning;
                            Here Captain! dear father!
                            The arm beneath your head!
                            It is some dream that on the deck,
                            You’ve fallen cold and dead.
                            My Captain does not answer, his lips are pale and still,
                            My father does not feel my arm, he has no pulse nor will,
                            The ship is anchor’d safe and sound, its voyage closed and done,
                            From fearful trip the victor ship comes in with object won;
                            Exult O shores, and ring O bells!
                            But I with mournful tread,
                            Walk the deck my Captain lies,
                            Fallen cold and dead.
                            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Even with fame and fortune , depression knows no mercy

Comment

Working...
                              X