Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

When the Zombies are storming the castle walls, who will be your friends?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
    Unless one is asked officially about it. Then "Because I wanted to" can be a very bad answer.

Equally, telling the asker "I don't want to" is usually an insufficient answer to them and will probably be followed by "Why?". Which then comes down to at least three points.

A: I don't lie. This creates a problem for me in said work place because I have the nature to be brutally honest which tends to upset, IMHO, our overly sensitive population. Hence, the answer of "Because I do not trust you," is not likely to make me many points which leads to

B: The need to have many reasons, thought out and available. This completes my personal requirement for telling the truth while potentially accomplishing their want of having something sugar coated. There are further reasons for thought out processes in that

C: It enables one, at least one who is an actress, to instantly pick and choose which story to use in many a situation. As a true story, it is easier to remember than a lie down the line, but as an alternate true story, it may be one that pacifies instead of enrages the listener.
    Omitting the real reason why you're not willing to loan your weapon is still lying. If you were as brutally honest as you say you are, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. You wouldn't need all the mind game wizardry, you'd simply tell them that you don't trust them with YOUR firearms period. It's really that simple.

Comment

Telling anyone how many weapons you may or may not have is dangerous.. None of their business, and when the dead roam the earth and he or anyone else shows up, will be put down with the rest of the walkers and other idiots that didn't have the forethought to prepare and equip themselves adequately :-D Great that he knows where you live and what you have for emergencies... His emergencies not yours, oh well, the end is neigh as they say, watch out that the zombies don't bite, and yes I believe in Zombies and werewolves and milfs :-D
      Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

Milfs will protect you from the zombies, since you will be brainless very soon.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Doktor do you know something that we don't?
          Yet another ex-tankie of 1 RTR origin.

Comment

There must be something, just not for the general public :)
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Zombies storming a castle are none of my concern.

I do not live in a castle.:)

Comment

Unlike Christianity, Islam and other abrahamic faiths, which believe in the concept of death being el finito and then everyone waiting patiently in a holding area (up or down) for Judgment Day, dharmic faiths believe in the evolutionary cycle of the soul and multiple rebirths before attaining nirvana or moksha.

Point I am wondering about here is whether zombies fit at all into the dharmic way.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                  Unlike Christianity, Islam and other abrahamic faiths, which believe in the concept of death being el finito and then everyone waiting patiently in a holding area (up or down) for Judgment Day, dharmic faiths believe in the evolutionary cycle of the soul and multiple rebirths before attaining nirvana or moksha.

Point I am wondering about here is whether zombies fit at all into the dharmic way.
                  Sure they do. The soul has left the body. The body now wanders the world as a soulless, mindless automaton made of flesh, with a desire to consume human flesh (for whatever the reason).

Or maybe zombieism is part of the cycle of souls descending into hell....

Here's a question: how does the dharmic way explain ghosts?
                  "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    Sure they do. The soul has left the body. The body now wanders the world as a soulless, mindless automaton made of flesh, with a desire to consume human flesh (for whatever the reason).

Or maybe zombieism is part of the cycle of souls descending into hell....

Here's a question: how does the dharmic way explain ghosts?
                    Interesting question gunnut. I am not an expert, but I think we believe that ghosts are spirits whose soul's ascent/return/churn has been arrested or delayed due to some reason.

Back on the zombies bit, if zombies are pieces of flesh without a mind or a soul - why is it that to kill them you need to decapitate them?

That kind of indirectly points to some sort of central nervous / upper level control. No?
                    Last edited by sated buddha; 17 Sep 14,, 09:11.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                      Interesting question gunnut. I am not an expert, but I think we believe that ghosts are spirits whose soul's ascent/return/churn has been arrested or delayed due to some reason.

Back on the zombies bit, if zombies are pieces of flesh without a mind or a soul - why is it that to kill them you need to decapitate them?

That kind of indirectly points to some sort of central nervous / upper level control. No?
                      Actually decapitation does not kill the zombie. Numerous media have depicted the head of a zombie separated from the body continues the desire to consume human flesh. One must destroy the brain of a zombie to stop it from attacking.

The explanation was that the cerebrum has ceased to function, but the cerebellum, which controls the primal functions of the body like moving and eating, continues to work. That's why in all the movies and TV shows the characters always tell each other to shoot the head.

Comment

AKA 'Walking Dead'. They explain zombies away by stating that the brain stem and related areas of 'Walkers' are still alive but the rest of the body is 'dead'. Of course while that might explain their complete lack of higher brain function it doesn't explain how the brain stem manages to animate the rest of what is essentially a corpse. No peripheral nervous system, no muscular system and importantly no digestive system or circulatory system to distribute nutrients from all that lovely 'white meat' they've gorged themselves on. Oh and no working immune system as well which means all those bacteria, fungi and molds in the environment are going to do their thing and start feasting on/degrading the bodies within 72 hours of death. So why are they all shambling around - what is it 4 years after the epidemic? By now they should all be dried out piles of gloop and bones.
                        Last edited by Monash; 23 Sep 14,, 09:42.
                        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                          AKA 'Walking Dead'. They explain zombies away by stating that the brain stem and related areas of 'Walkers' are still alive but the rest of the body is 'dead'. Of course while that might explain their complete lack of higher brain function it doesn't explain how the brain stem manages to animate the rest of what is essentially a corpse. No peripheral nervous system, no muscular system and importantly no digestive system or circulatory system to distribute nutrients from all that lovely 'white meat' they've gorged themselves on. Oh and no working immune system as well which means all those bacteria, fungi and molds in the environment are going to do their thing and start feasting on/degrading the bodies within 72 hours of death. So why are they all shambling around - what is it 4 years after epidemic? By now they should all be dried out piles of gloop and bones.

STOP! You're ruining some peoples fantasies of how they would survive this epidemic...there may be some serious self esteem deflation going on if you keep it up!

Comment

Originally posted by Brinktk View Post
                            STOP! You're ruining some peoples fantasies of how they would survive this epidemic...there may be some serious self esteem deflation going on if you keep it up!
                            Ye're I know. I love the show but I can't help picking out the flaws in the plot line. We have all these bodies shambling around the southern United States getting no oxygen or nutrients delivered to whats left of their brains (FYI I'm talking zombies here not Tea Party members) so how is it they keep going?
                            Last edited by Monash; 23 Sep 14,, 22:23.
                            If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by monash View Post
                              ye're i know. I love the show but i can't help picking out the flaws in the plot line. We have all these bodies shambling around the southern united states getting no oxygen or nutrients delivered to whats left of their brains (fyi i'm talking zombies here not team party members) so how is it they keep going?
                              magic!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                                Ye're I know. I love the show but I can't help picking out the flaws in the plot line. We have all these bodies shambling around the southern United States getting no oxygen or nutrients delivered to whats left of their brains (FYI I'm talking zombies here not Tea Party members) so how is it they keep going?
                                Pulled Pork sandwiches,Fried catfish, Little Debbie snack cakes, Natural Light beer and Crystal Meth.

Oh wait, I see the "Not Tea Party Members" caveat. Which I will interpret to mean normal "good old boys".

Never mind

Comment

Working...
                                X