Jimenez Arms....thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jimenez Arms....thoughts?

I was Pawn shopping yesterday and came across several models in one store.

Notes on one gun forum from 2011 doesn't rate them that high.......and that's putting it nicely.

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
    I was Pawn shopping yesterday and came across several models in one store.

Notes on one gun forum from 2011 doesn't rate them that high.......and that's putting it nicely.
    Depends on the price and what you want to do with it. One guy on Calguns wanted these for his collection just so he could go "cholo" when he wanted to.

If you want serious, or even casual shooting, stay away from these. If you want a novelty item that might see some range time here and there, and the price is right (proabaly $60 or below), then go for it.

From the looks of these guns, they are related to the "Ring of Fire" from California.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
      Depends on the price and what you want to do with it. One guy on Calguns wanted these for his collection just so he could go "cholo" when he wanted to.

If you want serious, or even casual shooting, stay away from these. If you want a novelty item that might see some range time here and there, and the price is right (proabaly $60 or below), then go for it.

From the looks of these guns, they are related to the "Ring of Fire" from California.
      Alas, I have pretty much come to that conclusion. It appears they have a much more greater chance of going "Click" or "BOOM" when you need the "Bang".

As things go, it seems that the opinion on them is lower than Llama............................

Comment

I'd keep clear of them and grab something a little more reputable. If you are in the market for a handgun, I'd highly recommend a CZ 75.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
          ...........If you are in the market for a handgun..........
          Errrrrr. sort of.

Pawn Shop Shopping serves three purposes. First, see if there are any exotics that I can get my hands on, like a Cobray, or a Femaru. Secondly, see if there are less expensive guns out there that I can supplement my armories with, like Llamas. Something that will reasonable throw a piece a lead in the general direction it is pointed. Third, it teaches me about the other guns out there, such as Jimenez, such as Hi-Point.

As said about, I'm not going to go off and get a Jimenez. Click or BOOM when it is suppose to go Bang doesn't thrill me much. Hi-Point might be okay, just doesn't strike me necessarily as the kind of pistol to have as an extra in an arms locker.

But think of it over all as a beggars can't be choosers shopping......if I wish to spend that cash.

Comment

My biggest concern with Jimenez, and Hi-Point is that they use the firing pin as the ejector. In my opinion this is unacceptable, as any time you eject a live round (as you would when clearing a jam, or unloading the gun) you are hitting the primer. With the breech open. I'm honestly surprised they are legal.
            Last edited by SteveDaPirate; 26 Jul 14,, 08:30.

Comment

Nobody asked me, but . . . I've been very happy with my two Springfield Armories Model XDs. I have one, with a five inch barrel in .45 Cal, and a three inch subcompact in 9mm. I put a lot of rounds through them and never had any issues.

Comment

Errrrrr. sort of.

Pawn Shop Shopping serves three purposes. First, see if there are any exotics that I can get my hands on, like a Cobray, or a Femaru. Secondly, see if there are less expensive guns out there that I can supplement my armories with, like Llamas. Something that will reasonable throw a piece a lead in the general direction it is pointed. Third, it teaches me about the other guns out there, such as Jimenez, such as Hi-Point.

As said about, I'm not going to go off and get a Jimenez. Click or BOOM when it is suppose to go Bang doesn't thrill me much. Hi-Point might be okay, just doesn't strike me necessarily as the kind of pistol to have as an extra in an arms locker.

But think of it over all as a beggars can't be choosers shopping......if I wish to spend that cash.
                From what I have read on Calguns, Hi Point is a very reliable gun. It's extremely ugly, but works.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
                  Nobody asked me, but . . . I've been very happy with my two Springfield Armories Model XDs. I have one, with a five inch barrel in .45 Cal, and a three inch subcompact in 9mm. I put a lot of rounds through them and never had any issues.
                  I have an XD9 with V10 port. Loud and no muzzle flip...

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                    I have an XD9 with V10 port. Loud and no muzzle flip...
                    Thank you for the data! If I see those in pawn shop shopping, it will be good to know.

Comment

I've been considering picking up a SW M&P 45, but Google seems to imply there might be quality issues with the newer production lots. Does anybody have relevant experience?

I almost picked up a Glock gen 3, but I just cannot stand the Glock ergonomics.

Comment

Thank you for the data! If I see those in pawn shop shopping, it will be good to know.
                        Be very careful with those. The "bridge" on the cut out on the slide to allow the ports to vent "could" break on earlier production guns. You want to do some research on the internet and on the specific gun you want to buy (if you wish to buy one) to make sure you don't end up with an older model with problems.

Comment

Working...
                        X