No announcement yet.

1st female 4-☆ Admiral

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From what I understand, Michelle Howard was commanding Task Force 151 in the Gulf of Aden in 2009 when Somali pirates captured the cargo ship MV Maersk Alabama. US Navy SEALs killed the three pirates holding Maersk Captain Richard Phillips hostage. The incident was portrayed in the 2013 movie 'Captain Phillips' starring Tom Hanks.
    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Minskaya View Post
      The incident was portrayed in the 2013 movie 'Captain Phillips' starring Tom Hanks.
      The movie only vaguely represented what happened..... :) Capt Phillips was not well liked by his crew - and they regarded him a bit like Capt Bligh
      Linkeden:
      http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
      http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
        You must also know that Marine SNCOs obsess over these things. Its in our blood

I am calling BULLSHIT!!!!

Since when did Gunnys have blood in their veins!?!?!?!?

EVERYONE knows its a mixture of piss, vinegar, liquid fire and beer!!!!
        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
          I am calling BULLSHIT!!!!

Since when did Gunnys have blood in their veins!?!?!?!?

EVERYONE knows its a mixture of piss, vinegar, liquid fire and beer!!!!
          Don't forget the napalm...and dead puppies too...

Comment

You meant kittens, right?
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              You meant kittens, right?
              No, he meant puppies. In this country, puppies seem to be more highly regarded than kittens. Late in life, I have acquired both. I've always had dogs, but not cats because I was deathly allergic to them. I seem to have outgrown that problem, and my daughter brought two male kittens, both black as the ace of spades, into the house, and man, are they ever an education! I'm having a ball with them as they mature (I had them neutered right away so no spraying). They are truly pieces of work, and give credence to the adage that "dogs have master, but cats have staff."

Comment

Working...
              X