Rolf Harris guilty

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tankie View Post
    And it was kids he abused , okkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk if peeps have never heard of these guys i find that hard to believe , saville famous for top of the pops and his hospital charity work and knighted ? infamous for his peedo activities with his friend glitter , after the saville crap was exposed , operation yew tree has exposed lots of TV personalities who have been charged with kiddy abuse , one Mr S Hall who did its a knockout is doing porridge , Freddy Starr interviewed and not charged , other ongoing cases , Harris is one of a lot of TV people who thought they were untouchable because of their fame , harris an Australian is sentenced on friday , he also received awards from HMQ a CBE and painted a portrait of her .
    Mate my point is this. If you grew up watching these people and enjoyed their work and now as an adult you hear about this.....

What do you do ?

Are you going to erase those happy childhood memories or are you just going to preserve them because you did not know better at the time and ignore this somehow.

Does not matter either way, the law got its say and you don't mess with your early (happy?) past. People that were abused are going to have a different view but the bulk of others watched them on tv and were not harmed in the same way.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 01 Jul 14,, 12:08.

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Mate my point is this. If you grew up watching these people and enjoyed their work and now as an adult you hear about this.....

What do you do ?

Are you going to erase those happy childhood memories or are you just going to preserve them because you did not know better at the time and ignore this somehow.

Does not matter either way, the law got its say and you don't mess with your early (happy?) past. People that were abused are going to have a different view but the bulk of others watched them on tv and were not harmed in the same way.
      Gas the bastards , end of , savilles already dead , never ever liked him or his work , fkin slimeball ,but the BBC was warned of his activities years ago and ignored them ,, as for others memories , they have to deal with them . We never had a tv until i was 15 , pops would never have pop progs on , 2 years later i was in the forces , no real time for tv , mainly movies in the SKC in Germany , saw harris live on camp , didnt like his show either , too immature for soldiers . Im glad another perv is off the streets and going where he belongs , kids 7 / 8 year olds , he gets no sympathy from me orrrrrr Australians apparently .And the kids he abused wont have happy memories will they

A dozen women have so far come forward seeking compensation since presenter Rolf Harris was convicted of indecent assault yesterday, it has emerged.
      A legal firm has told Sky News it was "assessing the merits" of the claims with a view to "potential" action against the veteran entertainer.
      The 12 new complainants are all women, some of whom live overseas, and they do not include the four victims who gave evidence during Harris' trial.
      The same law firm is also dealing with 176 claims for compensation against shamed TV presenter and radio DJ Jimmy Savile, 19 against the former BBC broadcaster Stuart Hall and six against PR guru Max Clifford.
      On Monday, a jury at Southwark Crown Court found Harris guilty of 12 indecent assaults.
      The youngest of his victims was just seven or eight years old at the time of her ordeal.
      Ahead of his sentencing later this week, it was revealed that Harris once visited the high-security Broadmoor psychiatric hospital with Savile .
      West London Mental Health, the NHS trust which runs the hospital where Savile allegedly groped patients and abused dead bodies, said Harris was among the celebrities Savile invited in, although it was unable to provide specific details.
      Inquiries into Savile's activities at Broadmoor and other NHS hospitals are ongoing.
      Prosecution sources confirmed to Sky News that authorities are considering whether to bring further charges against Harris, after dozens of women came forward during his trial to claim they too were assaulted.
      The NSPCC said it has so far received 28 calls relating to Harris, involving 13 people who made direct allegations against the performer.
      Two Australian women have also told Sky News they were groped by Harris .
      During his seven-week trial, the 84-year-old was labelled a "sinister pervert" by prosecutor Sasha Wass, who said he used his fame to get close to young women and girls.
      Harris will be sentenced on Friday and has been warned by judge Mr Justice Sweeney it is "inevitable" he may be given a prison sentence.
      He will be stripped of the Bafta Fellowship he received in 2012 and may also lose his CBE.
      Meanwhile, a plaque in his home town of Bassendean in Perth, Australia, are expected to be dug up and his artwork taken down .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
        Gas the bastards , end of , savilles already dead , never ever liked him or his work , fkin slimeball ,but the BBC was warned of his activities years ago and ignored them ,, as for others memories , they have to deal with them . We never had a tv until i was 15 , pops would never have pop progs on , 2 years later i was in the forces , no real time for tv , mainly movies in the SKC in Germany , saw harris live on camp , didnt like his show either , too immature for soldiers . Im glad another perv is off the streets and going where he belongs , kids 7 / 8 year olds , he gets no sympathy from me orrrrrr Australians apparently .And the kids he abused wont have happy memories will they
        rolf harris on an army base ?!? no that's not his usual audience.

Forget tv you must have childhood heroes, everybody does.

Then you get to find out years later they got slapped with a pedo conviction.

The way people deal with this is not think about it.

Comment

Ohhhhhhhhhhhh deary me .

Sir cliff richards is to be interviewd over sex allegations with a young boy , :slap:

STANDARD REPORTER
          Published: 15 August 2014 Updated: 21:52, 15 August 2014
          More people have come forward with information after Sir Cliff Richard's home was searched over an allegation of child sex abuse.

The singer's Berkshire penthouse was scoured for five hours yesterday by officers from South Yorkshire and Thames Valley Police as part of an investigation into an alleged sexual assault on a young boy at a religious event in 1985.

Sir Cliff, who was away in Portugal when the search took place, firmly denied any wrongdoing and hit out at the fact BBC journalists were apparently tipped off about the plan.

The broadcaster's head of newsgathering Jonathan Munro said today the information did not come from South Yorkshire Police.

In a statement, the force said: "When a media outlet contacted South Yorkshire Police with information about an investigation, we took the decision to work with them in order to protect the integrity of that investigation.

"Since the search took place a number of people have contacted the police to provide information and we must acknowledge that the media played a part in that, for which we are grateful."

Related stories
          Sir Cliff Richard to be interviewed by police over alleged sex assault

Sir Cliff Richard: 'My close friendship with the former priest who shares my life'

Cliff Richard: I had to release a single under a false name to win airtime from ageist radio bosses

Morrissey supported by Cliff Richard and Tom Jones on US tour

Preview: the British pavilion at this year’s Venice Architecture Biennale

Ronnie Kray’s letter of praise for Cliff Richard

Thames Valley Police said it had no contact with the media before the search warrant was executed.

The investigation is focused on an alleged assault claimed to have taken place on a boy under 16 at an appearance by American evangelist Billy Graham in Sheffield in 1985.

Officers took a number of items from the property for further investigation after yesterday's search.

In Portugal: Sir Cliff pledged to fully co-operate with the police inquiry
          In a statement Sir Cliff said: "For many months I have been aware of allegations against me of historic impropriety which have been circulating online.

"The allegations are completely false. Up until now I have chosen not to dignify the false allegations with a response, as it would just give them more oxygen.

"However, the police attended my apartment in Berkshire without notice, except it would appear to the press.

"I am not presently in the UK but it goes without saying that I will co-operate fully should the police wish to speak to me.

"Beyond stating that today's allegation is completely false it would not be appropriate to say anything further until the police investigation has concluded."

Sir Cliff Richard at Wimbledon in 1996
          Conservative MP Nigel Evans, 56, referred to the case in reiterating his call for suspects in sex offence cases to get anonymity and said "questions have got to be answered" over Sir Cliff's claims the press had been notified about the search.

Mr Evans, who was cleared of a string of alleged sex offences at a trial earlier this year, told Good Morning Britain: "It appears the press knew what was happening before he did and the world's media were camped outside his doorstep.

"A press helicopter was up before the police even arrived - he is quite right to be angry about that. Questions have got to be answered.

"I believe in the vast majority of cases (suspects) should have anonymity. We have to recognise the impact this has on people.

"People have zero per cent of the facts and 100% of the opinions. It's quite wrong for people to pre-judge."

Former director of public prosecutions Keir Starmer has previously said that there should be "wriggle room" for naming suspects on arrest, as publicity can lead to more alleged victims coming forward.

Comment

Working...
          X