Isis rebels declares Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi 'caliph of all Muslims'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post

Not true. Every single verse in Quran is independent of the others, that is why every single verse and related sura is numbered and they don't complete or supersede the other, other wise all these numberings and meticulous arranged Suras and consequent verses will become meaningless. Also unfortunately Quranic teaching is unclear and awfully vague on who has the authority to issue fatwa or a creed and may be that is why every turban-head can rise up and declare fatwa by which 100s of 1000s of innocents human being loose their lives in span of less than a year. For proof please review the first 8 years of Khomeini's reign in Iran. (Just google "summer of 1988 Iran")
    Which thankfully didn't last long and is definitely not a pattern in Shia Islam. The Shia are organized, however conservative they have a hierarchy that slows reform, but also blunts excesses. Even now Iran's excesses are not out of line with what Europe and the US were doing a century ago. Not so with the Sunnis, the disorganized nature of Sunni Islam and the wahabi and salafist off shoots is a global nightmare. Anyone who can attract followers is an Iman and can issue fatwas. The fatwa might not go any farther than thier followers but its there. If al-Baghdadi wasn't such a bastard I could almost wish the Sunni's would get a Caliph so that they would stop running around blowing people and things up.

Comment

Z,

Did you check "Summer of 1988 Iran"? If so, do you have any opinion about it which you could kindly share? In my opinion you are an insightful and well versed about the M.E and most of the ideologies and numerous conflicts hovering over the area which IMHO is related to the title of this thread. I would like to know what do you think about 1988 cleansing. Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
        Z,

Did you check "Summer of 1988 Iran"? If so, do you have any opinion about it which you could kindly share? In my opinion you are an insightful and well versed about the M.E and most of the ideologies and numerous conflicts hovering over the area which IMHO is related to the title of this thread. I would like to know what do you think about 1988 cleansing. Thanks.
        I think the important factor is the year. When the Muhajadid attack occurred, Iran was beginning to lose the Iran-Iraq, caualties were horrendous, the cities were gettign nailed by Iraqi scuds and society was suffering and this was threatening the grip of the clerics. In such circumstances its not at all uncommon for a dictatorship to pick an enemy and launch a purge. More importantly is the resignation of Grand Ayatollah Hossein-Ali Montazeri. This is an example of the moderating influence I was talking about. He couldn't stop the killings but such open defiance likely tamped down and prevented any additional rounds.

Comment

Here's another bussiness opportunity.Don't divorce the annoying bitches.Sell them for a profit.
          Those who know don't speak
          He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Working...
          X