Andhra Pradesh court issues arrest warrant against MS Dhoni

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andhra Pradesh court issues arrest warrant against MS Dhoni

HYDERABAD: A court in Andhra Pradesh Tuesday issued an arrest warrant against Indian cricket team captain MS Dhoni for allegedly hurting the religious sentiments of Hindus.

A local court in Anantapur issued the arrest warrant as Dhoni did not appear in the court despite three summons served in the past. It directed police to present Dhoni in the court July 16.

The case relates to a picture on the cover of a magazine.

Business Today in its April 2013 edition had carried the picture. Dhoni was portrayed as Hindu god Vishnu with a sub title "God of Big Deals" and holding products of several companies including a shoe in his hand.

Y Shyam Sunder, a local leader of the Vishwa Hindu Parishad (VHP), had filed a petition in the court in February this year alleging that the cricketer hurt the sentiments of Hindus by denigrating a Hindu god.

The summons issued by the court to Dhoni on three occasions were returned. The court, which took up the hearing Tuesday, issued the arrest warrant.

Similar petitions against Dhoni were filed in Delhi, Pune and other cities.
    This is the picture -

Attached Files
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

We are a nation of poor efficiency and resources. Thousands of cases are stuck in Courts, while frivolous ones are being entertained. Mr. Modi I feel for you, coz' you can't change them all.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Working...
    X