Flash floods killed at least a dozen in Bulgaria

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flash floods killed at least a dozen in Bulgaria

At least a dozen people have been killed by flash floods which have struck the Black Sea resort town of Varna.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37217[/ATTACH]

Authorities have declared an emergency after torrential rain swept away cars, destroyed houses and forced people to scramble onto rooftops to avoid the raging torrents.

Police in the north-eastern resort town confirmed they have recovered ten bodies from the area after Thursday's deluge. Two further bodies were found in the northern city of Dobrich.
    Bulgarian floods of biblical proportions kill at least a dozen people | Mail Online

Mudslide. What a horrific way to end your day. Or life.

Crazy politicos try to score big on this one. I say shot them all.
    Attached Files
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

May the dead RIP.

This is a huge issue in NE India too. While I was in Engineering college, 2 of my mates got stuck in one. Sonapur - between Guwahati and Silchar. The mudslide swept away the bus they were traveling in. We booked a van and went looking, while one was okay with stitches here and there, the other one was in a terrible shape. I can't forget those 2 nights of agony.
    Last edited by Oracle; 25 Jun 14,, 03:01. Reason: Typo
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

This is serious issue and we better find the way to cope with it or we will perish. May the dead rest in peace.

Comment

Mudslides? We need to be responsible when projecting and building on the hills.

I am sick of the politicians. From all this tragedy, Bulgarian media among others, picked us as well for not sending help, where they refused the offered help.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Working...
        X