Chennai Traffic stops to save a heart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chennai Traffic stops to save a heart

With all the sorrowful news around, this incident makes the heart warm and believe in humanity.

Chennai traffic stops for timely heart transplant to save a life - IBNLive
    Praise is pouring in for the Chennai Police, who, along with a team of doctors from two hospitals ensured that an ambulance carrying a donor heart could be transported in the nick of time. The donor heart was transported from the Rajiv Gandhi Government Hospital to the Fortis Malar Hospital 12 kilometres away.

With 26 policemen stationed at different intersections, the ambulance transporting the heart was given a green corridor, ensuring that it reached within 14 minutes.....

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Proves what could be achieved if the Police and administration takes their work seriously. And amongst all the cities I have lived and worked, Chennai has got the best Traffic Management system.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
      Proves what could be achieved if the Police and administration takes their work seriously. And amongst all the cities I have lived and worked, Chennai has got the best Traffic Management system.
      Incredible India.

Comment

Incredible South India, I would say. People are educated, cultured and have a far greater civic sense. Much better than the ugliness of North India and Maharashtra.
        Last edited by Oracle; 19 Jun 14,, 08:30. Reason: Typo
        Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Incredible South India, I would say. People are educated, cultured and have a far greater civic sense. Much better than the ugliness of North India and Maharashtra.
          Ha! What about Chandigarh? Jaipur? What you are spouting and engaging is nothing short of the divisiness and ugliness that keeps India from truly united.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
            Ha! What about Chandigarh? Jaipur? What you are spouting and engaging is nothing short of the divisiness and ugliness that keeps India from truly united.
            Lol.

Your partner SB already tried to bring me in to deflect the thread and troll. No more from my side. And both of you know you're in my ignore list. Yet, you crave for attention. Seek it somewhere else.

Comment

Don't mind him. He's gone through life the eternal outsider.

Seems the message hit home. Good.

Comment

Lol.

Your partner SB already tried to bring me in to deflect the thread and troll. No more from my side. And both of you know you're in my ignore list. Yet, you crave for attention. Seek it somewhere else.
                And yet you are still responding to my posts. How am I trolling when I am challenging the premise of your statement where you declare that South India to be better than North India in an action of sneering and snobbery? It shows your true colors despite your claims of being a true Indian. A true Indian wouldn't think in terms of North India vs. South India. He/she would think of India as a whole and attribute success as a whole. Interesting enough, your statements can be and will be construed as implied communalism, the very thing that you often so rail against in your arguments against RSS and others.

I don't care what you are but I will challenge you anywhere because with your way of thinking, India doesn't need foreign enemies for danger to exist. As long as your type of thinking persists, India will be forever at the danger of being divided and drawn into strife and internal conflict. No matter how odious your statements or presence can be, I cannot ignore you since your type of thinking and attitude has compelled me to respond and challenge to you to ensure that your kind or insidious thinking and perfidy is not contagious.

As for your claim of me trolling, I find it amusing considering that in ten years of me being a member of this WAB forum, you are the first one to accuse me of trolling or is it perhaps that your claims of me trolling is a pathetic attempt to deflect away valid criticism of your statements instead of defending your statements?
                Last edited by Blademaster; 19 Jun 14,, 09:31.

Comment

And yet you are still responding to my posts. How am I trolling when I am challenging the premise of your statement where you declare that South India to be better than North India in an action of sneering and snobbery? It shows your true colors despite your claims of being a true Indian. A true Indian wouldn't think in terms of North India vs. South India. He/she would think of India as a whole and attribute success as a whole. Interesting enough, your statements can be and will be construed as implied communalism, the very thing that you often so rail against in your arguments against RSS and others.

I don't care what you are but I will challenge you anywhere because with your way of thinking, India doesn't need foreign enemies for danger to exist. As long as your type of thinking persists, India will be forever at the danger of being divided and drawn into strife and internal conflict. No matter how odious your statements or presence can be, I cannot ignore you since your type of thinking and attitude has compelled me to respond and challenge to you to ensure that your kind or insidious thinking and perfidy is not contagious.

As for your claim of me trolling, I find it amusing considering that in ten years of me being a member of this WAB forum, you are the first one to accuse me of trolling or is it perhaps that your claims of me trolling is a pathetic attempt to deflect away valid criticism of your statements instead of defending your statements?
                  Do you rant this much in real life too with all of these imaginations and throwing accusations? I don't need your advice of what I am, you're a nobody. And for a change, you might want to stick to the topic instead of trolling and name calling.
                  Last edited by Oracle; 19 Jun 14,, 11:11.

Comment

Do you rant this much in real life too with all of these imaginations and throwing accusations? I don't need your advice of what I am, you're a nobody. And for a change, you might want to stick to the topic instead of trolling and name calling.
                    Well, it started when you stated that South India was better than North India and insinuated that North India was somehow backward, uncultured, unclean, and unorganized and I challenged you on that statement by pointing out a counterexample and pointed out that engaging in this kind of thing is the very thing that keeps India from united. You immediately declared my post as trolling and name calling like a kid crying Mommy after he was being trounced in a fight he picked/started. I followed it up with a lengthy explanation and you immediately declared it as ranting and throwing accusations especially in the very beginning you accused me of not being Indian enough and called me fat ass or whatever names you threw against me. I really find your posts to be the amusing childish infantile kind.

As for me being a nobody, golly gee, I didn't know that. I guess my degrees, letters of recommendations and accolades from esteemed colleagues in my field and from other notable persons that I earned through hard work and perseverance means absolute shit or nothing. Thanks for that enlightening illumination. I shall immediately go from now one thinking myself as a nobody and declare myself as nobody to everyone I meet. [sic]

As for ranting, I didn't know that putting together a coherent and complete argument or position would automatically qualify itself as a rant and throwing accusations. I guess I should stick with one liners from now on less I be accused of ranting. I will start with this succinct one line: "You are wrong." Is that succinct enough for you?

Comment

Well, it started when you stated that South India was better than North India and insinuated that North India was somehow backward, uncultured, unclean, and unorganized and I challenged you on that statement by pointing out a counterexample and pointed out that engaging in this kind of thing is the very thing that keeps India from united. You immediately declared my post as trolling and name calling like a kid crying Mommy after he was being trounced in a fight he picked/started. I followed it up with a lengthy explanation and you immediately declared it as ranting and throwing accusations especially in the very beginning you accused me of not being Indian enough and called me fat ass or whatever names you threw against me. I really find your posts to be the amusing childish infantile kind.
                      Those are my views, and I'm entitled to it just as you are entitled to your views. But you actually started a diatribe.

As for me being a nobody, golly gee, I didn't know that. I guess my degrees, letters of recommendations and accolades from esteemed colleagues in my field and from other notable persons that I earned through hard work and perseverance means absolute shit or nothing. Thanks for that enlightening illumination. I shall immediately go from now one thinking myself as a nobody and declare myself as nobody to everyone I meet. [sic]
                      All of the above things you have mentioned, almost everybody I know personally have them. India alone has millions of them. I don't know you personally, so I'm not sure. But maybe you have them. So what? You still are a nobody. Come back to me when you're in a position of authority where millions actually admire you or follow you. In a way, I'm a nobody too (and I have said that before), and so are you. Having said that, I don't go on praising myself and glorifying my accomplishments all over this board. You actually think you own a house, donated 10K, and a lawyer makes you better than most. No Sir. Get the drift genius.

As for ranting, I didn't know that putting together a coherent and complete argument or position would automatically qualify itself as a rant and throwing accusations. I guess I should stick with one liners from now on less I be accused of ranting. I will start with this succinct one line: "You are wrong." Is that succinct enough for you?
                      Oh and one more thing, you are wrong and here's why minus the diatribe.
                      Last edited by Oracle; 19 Jun 14,, 13:39.

Comment

Those are my views, and I'm entitled to it just as you are entitled to your views. But you actually started a diatribe.
                        Actually you were the one that started the diatribe and I challenged you on it.

All of the above things you have mentioned, almost everybody I know personally have them. India alone has millions of them. I don't know you personally, so I'm not sure. But maybe you have them. So what? You still are a nobody. Come back to me when you're in a position of authority where millions actually admire you or follow you. In a way, I'm a nobody too (and I have said that before), and so are you. Having said that, I don't go on praising myself and glorifying my accomplishments all over this board. You actually think you own a house, donated 10K, and a lawyer makes you better than most. No Sir. Get the drift genius.
                        Now you are taking it out of context and twisting it. I mentioned those things because people like you accused me of being a fake Indian or not a real Indian and I revealed a few details of my life to rebut your false allegations. You know it is funny? I have revealed something about myself but you haven't revealed anything about yourself. You just fling away allegations and stuff and accuse people but you never actually show what you are or who you are. In short, you are not willing to bare yourself less you be expose to attacks. I have no shame or fear of revealing who I am and where I come from. You are the one trying to denigrate people.

As for being a nobody, fine if you want to think of yourself as a nobody, be my guest. It is not a crime to hold oneself in low esteem. Forgive me if I do not follow your example and think of myself with something valuable to contribute.

Oh and one more thing, you are wrong and here's why minus the diatribe.
                        Couldn't recognize sarcasm? Screaming "You are wrong" and thinking it is enough doesn't usually work in the real world but maybe in your fantasy.

Comment

One thread about good traffic management and we manage to turn it into a catfight (the wrong kind)

Anyway, this appeals to me not for an emotional reason but for a pragmatic reason. It proves that first responder services like we have in the US and Europe are possible in India too. Hope we can take some lessons here
                          "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

The amublance system is pretty abysmal in Delhi and other cities. It is no where near the level of even second or third tier cities/countries. Traffic is horribly mismanaged in Delhi and I have first account experience of it. If you need an ambulance, it is too late and time for you to start preparing last rites. They will not come in time to save you only to cart off your body to the hospital to be officially declared dead and then charge your family for the transport.

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
                              Anyway, this appeals to me not for an emotional reason but for a pragmatic reason. It proves that first responder services like we have in the US and Europe are possible in India too. Hope we can take some lessons here
                              With modern technology like GIS this is possible. All we need to do is to link the traffic control rooms with emergency services.

Comment

Working...
                              X