Dear Leader Goes for a Cruise: KPN's Romeo Class Subs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

follow up ......

Kim's photop's have made a splash on other websites / counter culture reporting events, etc....

The housekeeping of this Romeo class-submarine has been more closely observed that I gave credit in my earlier post.
    The string tied to the hand rail was the most "observed" comment on other threads.
    It is my opinion that the "string" is not the remnants of a "lock out" card but a "reminder string" to aid the recall of Kim "not to dive the boat"........
    Attached Files
    Last edited by blidgepump; 20 Jun 14,, 03:53.

Comment

Yes, there is that string but there is also the paint drips on the stainless railings for one. Some green paint of the brass base of the antenna due to free handing the brush as it doesn't look like they sprayed. Of course, my nemesis, rust. Last, WTH is with the green color?

ps: I don't think the guy on the phone is ordering pizza. His look imparts more of a "where the hell are we" since we have never been this far out. Is that land over there he asks? The other guy looks like he is holding on for dear life. As for the Leader maybe that is his Cary Grant pose.
      Last edited by tbm3fan; 19 Jun 14,, 18:20.

Comment

Perhaps it's that thread that if you pull it, the whole sub comes unraveled.

Comment

That string was the only thing keeping the submarine tied to the pier. It broke and the sub is now adrift with little hope of ever returning. The officer on the phone is trying to reach someone who can tell him how to operate the ship, while Kim stares longingly at the slowly receding land he will never see again…

Comment

"What do you mean I'm '. . . out of your delivery zone?' That's yakshit!

Also, your ad says up to two toppings with no extra charge, but then you say you don't have kimchi and bulgogi as regular toppings and you'd have to charge extra.

Uh huh, I want to speak to Comrade Manager, and I want to speak to him yesterday! No, I mean it . . . I really want to talk to him yesterday!

What do you mean by 'laws of physics?!!!' Dear Leader doesn't obey the laws of physics . . . or of 'calories in, calories out' either!!!

Get me Comrade Manager now!!!

Oh, wait a minute . . . they're saying something about 'Dive, dive' here . . . I want to . . ."

Glug, glug, glug

Flash, Special Report!

Dear Leader Teaches Fish To Swim!!

Comment

Originally posted by chakos View Post
              Ok I'm struggling with something here. Those Romeo boats are old and probably not in the best shape and I get that but why not at least give it a coat of paint before doing a photo shoot with Kim the fat onboard? The Norks are generally pretty good at putting lipstick on a pig for propaganda photos and I doubt it would be that difficult to find a pallet of paint somewhere to get it looking somewhat reasonable. The Chinese have kit remaining that is just as old but you never see it in this condition, it usually looks like some kind of weird time warp where there are sailors in current day uniforms on a ship that looks like it just came out of the factory last week even though its 30-40 years old.

Is the situation really that desperate that the Norks literally could not acquire paint or should this be looked into for some other meaning?
              That was the fresh paint job....

Again, I say, "dat color...."
              "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Originally posted by desertswo View Post
                Flash, Special Report!

Dear Leader Teaches Fish To Swim!!

Alternate: Dear Leader captures evil american submarine probe!

Comment

Originally posted by jlvfr View Post
                  Alternate: Dear Leader captures evil american submarine probe!
                  Whatcha talki' bout Willis that is my drone...

Comment

Laugh if you must, but somebody in a lime green undersea boat from Norkland and a torpedo managed to sink a Rokland warship a couple of years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBelt View Post
                      Laugh if you must, but somebody in a lime green undersea boat from Norkland and a torpedo managed to sink a Rokland warship a couple of years ago.
                      True, but in all fairness, were the ships involved in whatever exercise they were stepping through smartly really locked and loaded for wartime ASW operations? I mean, in theory, they should always be (and I suspect they are now), but give me a show of hands of those who believe they were loaded for bear before they got their ass end blown off? (He counts the hands out there in the ethernet, noting that not many of them are raised) That's what I thought. ;)

Comment

This is quite the chuckles thread - I'm wondering though, who would come out on top of the inept/dumbass chart if the comparison was made between the Nork's Dear Leader and our "Dear Leader". I wouldn't put any money on that bet, not a penny!

Hank

Comment

Does anyone know if the sub was being towed during its brief sojourn with the Dear Leader on board.
                          Last edited by Monash; 21 Jun 14,, 14:22.
                          If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                            Does anyone know if the sub was being towed during its brief sojourn with the Dear Leader on board.
                            Exhaust plume is visible from the rear of the sub and the wake looks right for a vessel under its own power, no sign of tow rope... I'd say it was under its own power.

Comment

Dear leader teaches Sub commander .......

Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Exhaust plume is visible from the rear of the sub and the wake looks right for a vessel under its own power, no sign of tow rope... I'd say it was under its own power.
                              An article authored by David Blair, National Post, out of the Middle East Office reported.....

"During his visit, pictures of which were released Monday, Mr. Kim mounted the vessel’s conning tower and went on a short voyage, during which the official news agency reported that the multi-talented leader “taught” the submarine’s captain a “good method of navigation.”

The helicopter's rotor wash appears to be kicking up a bit of spray on the port quarter, which appears to be confirmed with the officers on the sail bracing their covers.

Zraver, perhaps there is a sub driver reading this post that can weigh in on your question... I can only add that the picture doesn't appear to be Photo Shopped .... but then I've only been reading up of Fletcher- DD's

The key phase in Blair's report confirms the public's perception that Kim is a dead reckoning navigator of the first class .......
                              Attached Files
                              Last edited by blidgepump; 23 Jun 14,, 13:06.

Comment

image originally shown in USNI

its not photoshopped.

real sub
                                real sock puppet
                                Linkeden:
                                http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                                http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X