Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AUSTRALIAN women are being sexually assaulted at twice the rate of women worldwide.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tbm3fan View Post
    Article does not pass scientific muster.
    You make the mistake of thinking this is about facts. Never was. never will be.
    sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
      Really I had no idea things were this bad down under.
      Guess you'd better re-think your visit. Clearly not safe.
      sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

I know it's not what some here look for, but for those interested to see the original report, here it is:

Discussion part is priceless.
        Attached Files
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
          As for the figures, utterly meaningless. Rape & sexual assault is a problem in Australia because it happens. Full stop. One is too many. We take the issue VERY seriously. Comparing figures to other nations is pointless because reporting rates, recording rates & the way statistics are compiled vary so incredibly wildly. Australian criminologists are even reluctant to compare rates for crimes other than murder between states as a result of this.

Of course, none of this actually matters, as the point of this thread wasn't actually to discuss or understand the issue, just to deflect & take pot shots. Classy. Really classy.
          Can the people who are cheering the creation of this thread please make note of the underlined bit.

It makes it very difficult to make a case either way, worse still how to deal with it. That is the part i'm interested in and keep coming up blank.

It begs the question what are we to make of these figures to begin with.

Is it low ? compared to what

Is it high ? compared to what

What is high and what is low.

What is the correct number.

etc.

Comment

Originally posted by ambidex View Post
            Absolutely, we can see your butt is hurt and the one who thanked you giving it a soothing rub.

Play the ball not the player. Post reported.
            Considering how blatantly butt hurt you clearly are by posting this thread, I'd say that Yellow was right on target.

Seriously, you couldn't have made it any more obvious. And now you're whining when somebody calls you out on it.

Grow up and grow a thicker skin. Not necessarily in that order.
            “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Absolutely, we can see your butt is hurt and the one who thanked you giving it a soothing rub.

Play the ball not the player. Post reported.
              And you just happened to create this thread because you were butthurt about the way Australia was reporting the news and not the content of the news, right?

Put the shovel down and follow your own advice and back away.

You've dug enough.

Yea only after you ******s got tired of preaching Indians with straight face about crime against women, not before.

Australia from land of equal opportunity to Land of sexual assaults against women.

Visit Australia
              Post not reported. I wouldn't dream of denying the board this comedy gold.
              Last edited by YellowFever; 17 Jun 14,, 03:06. Reason: Had to insert one last smart aleck remark

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                Another entirely predictable thread. Didn't Ambidex start one of these last time there was a thread about rapes in India? YAWN

As for the figures, utterly meaningless. Rape & sexual assault is a problem in Australia because it happens. Full stop. One is too many. We take the issue VERY seriously. Comparing figures to other nations is pointless because reporting rates, recording rates & the way statistics are compiled vary so incredibly wildly. Australian criminologists are even reluctant to compare rates for crimes other than murder between states as a result of this.

Of course, none of this actually matters, as the point of this thread wasn't actually to discuss or understand the issue, just to deflect & take pot shots. Classy. Really classy.
                Play the ball not the player.

Since you have started attacking me I will make sure it ends by me and convey my message to a unbiased Moderator to look into your case.

Only predictable person here is you who have been preaching morality in Indian threads but lives amongst criminal above average the rest of the world who commit sexual assault against women in Australia.

Comment

Play the ball not the player.

Since you have started attacking me I will make sure it ends by me and convey my message to a unbiased Moderator to look into your case.

Only predictable person here is you who have been preaching morality in Indian threads but lives amongst criminal above average the rest of the world who commit sexual assault against women in Australia.
                  You are one serious piece of work do you know that? Your little flame baiting thread is locked. I suggest you check yourself before you wreck yourself.
                  “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                  X