Which bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
    Now the search for my next bike begins in earnest....
    If you happen to be in the Pune region, then that use to be a haven for super bikes. All owned by the Iranis/ Parsis.
    Try and get your hands on one for those classiscs. If you fancy old rides.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
      If you happen to be in the Pune region, then that use to be a haven for super bikes. All owned by the Iranis/ Parsis.
      Try and get your hands on one for those classiscs. If you fancy old rides.
      In fact from OLX almost all the good leads are from Mumbai. Some Nashik, Kolhapur and Nagpur / Hyderabad too. Pune market like Bangalore for some reason is always more expensive than the median prices in other major cities. Maybe because these two have traditionally been biker cities.

But you cannot buy a bike online. You have to see and hear and feel and ride it. So I'm probably going to be screening via WhatsApp (photos, basic info, etc.) and then line them all up for a weekend and come over to Mumbai for that. With cash and RTO papers ready.

Comment

Harley is the only one that retains its value if you choose to go older. And besides the styling is far better then the rest.
        Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
          Harley is the only one that retains its value if you choose to go older. And besides the styling is far better then the rest.
          Dread I am not (yet) a Harley sort of guy. Prefer my bikes lighter, more mimble, quicker, faster - basically a lot racier. I see the allure of the Harley, like other modern classics, as I also have a ton of Bullet riding buddies here. But they are not for me. Not yet at least. I was only giving the Trumpet as an alternative option to Lemontree who was having the Harley in his consideration set. Harleys are doing very well in India incidentally. Within two odd years the community has really grown with new HOG clubs springing up all over the country every day. India Bike Week is sponsored by them in Goa early each year. Bikini clad babes (Russians, Ukranians), sponges, soap suds, and spray nozzles at the for-pay bikini bike wash is one of the legendary attractions there. Beer while not free, is subsidized. And good rock music and some live jazz all day with invited groups (both Indian and overseas) and two big stages, a stunt show with various Indian stunters and some invited foreign legends like Chris Pfiefer, and a live fightclub with underground fighters in a raw bone crunching blood spurting display are the other attractions.

Attached Files
          Last edited by sated buddha; 24 Jun 14,, 08:37.

Comment

Necroing my own thread. May the kitties rest in peace.

The search kind of went off the boil. Rains meaning I could not really test any bike properly to see what it could do (as well as playing hell with the logistics of out of town bikes). Also was in Germany for a stretch recently (was in Hanover when I saw them become Weltmeisters) and only just returned.

And so resumed my search.

Only this time the focus has re-shifted from the faired Ninjas back to the street fighter nakeds from KTM.

Kind of narrowed down for the moment on these two so was hoping to get some fresh perspectives from the veteran bikers here, or just anyone with an eye for vehicles/machinery and a knack for picking out good bargains.

This one is a April 2014 bike with 2500 kms on the clock. Asking for 1.45 lacs last, not willing to go lower (that's about 2400 dollars). Bike has only had its first service at 1000 kms and two free services are due. Bike only needs a rear view mirror on the left which is broken.

This one is a November 2013 bike with 4300 kms on the clock. Asking for 1.35 lacs but could come to 1.3 (that's about 2100-2200 dollars). Bike again has only had its first service, its 2nd as well as 3rd services (at 5000 and 10000 kms or 5 and 8 months respectively) are due and have lapsed - so I would have to pay out of pocket for these. Also has lost his Owner's Manual / Original Invoice (with the free service coupons). Bike is missing its company provided tool kit and hand guards (bark-busters). Otherwise certified clean by the workshop service guys I took it to for a thorough check up.

As said before, I am only looking at keeping this bike for a year max two as a stop gap till the bigger 690 comes around. So don't want to lose (too much) money when I sell it soon. Basically its in all likelihood not going to be a keeper.

These retail for around 2.1 lacs brand new (around 3500 dollars). There is a new faired version which has just been launched, which costs about 2.4 lacs (about 3900 dollars), which is the new toy in town and should drive down the prices of the older version. But don't want to wait anymore.

Attached Files

Comment

KTM is slowly catching up in India just like other luxury bikes.

I guess it's launching couple of models in India soon.

Comment

Originally posted by Batista View Post
                KTM is slowly catching up in India just like other luxury bikes.

I guess it's launching couple of models in India soon.
                Ya, but unlike the luxury marques and the imports/exotics, these are at prices we common people can afford.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                  Ya, but unlike the luxury marques and the imports/exotics, these are at prices we common people can afford.
                  I think I have seen many Bullet riders going towards KTM nowdays.

Comment

Originally posted by Batista View Post
                    I think I have seen many Bullet riders going towards KTM nowdays.
                    Agree. Something about the innate persona of the riders of both bikes perhaps? :)
                    Last edited by sated buddha; 17 Sep 14,, 11:28. Reason: added "perhaps"

Comment

Very very depressed and low today. And cranky.

Lost both the bikes.

One because of a slimeball opportunistic (unethical) POS dealer acting true to form and type. :puck:

The other because of a 23 year old momma's kid who won't wipe his nose till momma says he can. :bang:

Disgusted.
                      Last edited by sated buddha; 18 Sep 14,, 11:17. Reason: adding "POS"

Comment

Working...
                      X