Which bike?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
    Are you a biker Doktor? Sure do not sound like one.

I have yet to meet a biker who gets equally orgasmic about a Triumph (or any Brit) and a Hog at the same time ......

They are just simply mutually exclusive tastes.
    I promised myself I wont ski or bike ever again. Let's say I got all the warning signs. Flashing.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
      I promised myself I wont ski or bike ever again. Let's say I got all the warning signs. Flashing.
      You got hurt?

Or did someone close to you?

Comment

You got hurt?

Or did someone close to you?
        On a bike I had a fall for not being careful to see the driver from the side street can't see a billboard size STOP sign. Had to brake and evade the car, but there was sand on the road and the back tire slipped. I went unscratched. The other day on the same place another biker didn't have my luck.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

On a bike I had a fall for not being careful to see the driver from the side street can't see a billboard size STOP sign. Had to brake and evade the car, but there was sand on the road and the back tire slipped. I went unscratched. The other day on the same place another biker didn't have my luck.
          I agree with you. A crash saps your confidence. The time to normalisation differs from rider to rider, crash to crash. Deaths in the community shake up everyone. Deaths close to you (in your club, your group, your buddies) infinitely more.

Its a very risky sport. No two ways about that.

I have had my share. My body is battered and bruised. Bones broken. Ligaments and menisci torn. Corneal injury. I am currently nursing a painful range of movement in my right shoulder.

Comment

Bump!

No bikers around here besides Stitch?

Comment

Bump!

No bikers around here besides Stitch?
              Aryajet and Herr Lukins will stop for a drink soon. I hope.

Comment

Btw, LT, if you're looking at Harley-esque price point, then I would very seriously recommend this bike to you ...... WAYYYYY better.

And its British too. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37121[/ATTACH]

Your's for 7.5 lacs only (less than or near about the same as the Super Low, and will run rings around the Super Low).
                And now built in USA

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                  And now built in USA
                  Just like RR engines during WW2. Crisis mate ;)

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                    And now built in USA
                    Actually after the first CKD lots the future plans (the factory is almost ready per the grapevine) are for these bikes to be built in India. Just like the Harley Streets. And use India as a base for the rest of the developing world.

So Triumph, Royal Enfield, Land Rover, and Jaguar.

Maybe the Colonel is right after all .....
                    Last edited by sated buddha; 12 Jun 14,, 14:47.

Comment

This is purely personal, so please don't take umbrage, but there are few sadder sights in this world than a one time biker riding a scooter.

Hope you rediscover your mojo!
                      Mojo isnt the thing.
                      Like dok I see the writing on the wall.
                      Slower reflexes, times when i lose situational awareness and so on.
                      For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

Just like RR engines during WW2. Crisis mate ;)
                        You talking about the Packard Merlin?
                        "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                          You talking about the Packard Merlin?
                          Yes.

Comment

btw, lt, if you're looking at harley-esque price point, then i would very seriously recommend this bike to you ...... Wayyyyy better.

And its british too. ;)

[ATTACH=CONFIG]37121[/ATTACH]

your's for 7.5 lacs only (less than or near about the same as the super low, and will run rings around the super low).
                            trumpet!;)
                            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

So guys, missing bikers, et al

An update.

Finally got some time to show off my bike to 3 customers I had been putting off for some time now thanks to work and travel. Two were racer puppies. More interested in price than the bike. Did not waste my time with them after the customary test ride.

The third guy was a guy my age. Came with his kids in tow. I wanted him to have the bike, so excited he was (as well as his younger son). We shook on a reasonable price and he gave me the advance token and my cheque for the remainder. So my baby is sold. I'm holding her and the papers for the cheque to be cashed, and will tank her up and ride her to his place the next weekend.

Now the search for my next bike begins in earnest and I have been scouring OLX for hours and sms'ing sellers. So WhatsApp photos too. Need to start checking bikes out. I can wait for the 45 bhp KTM RC390 single and the 36 bhp Yamaha R250 twin to be launched (a couple of months max) and the prices of the Ninjettes will tumble.

But I don't want to wait, and would rather just try to drive a fair bargain now.

The 650s do seem to be thin on the road around this time.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                                trumpet!;)
                                A really nice bike. Fully modern under its "vintage" clothes. Handles beautifully, brakes sharp, so neutral and precise. And man does it move! Was shocked to see her pushing 200, kind of expecting it to be more in the Harley Sportster/Super Low 160 ish ballpark.

Reminds me a lot of the Yamaha RD350 from my college days.

Very yummy bike. But too pricey sadly. Under or around 5 lacs (even 6) I would have seriously given it a thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X