No announcement yet.

Islamist Militants Take Mosul

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's the gate to paradise.Do note that the brothers in arms are holding the hands of dying man.That is camaraderie,no matter the side.

In other news, Iran's Rouhani says ready to aid Iraq, nuke deal by July 20 possible | Top News | Reuters

To quote the PSYOPS at Fallujah -
    Those who know don't speak
    He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Originally posted by zraver View Post
      And this is why a strong Shia state is a good thing strategically to off set the wacked-a-doodle wahabist supported Sunni Jihadis. With Obama unwilling to act, Turkey trying apper tough but unwilling to act, KSA (and Qatar) funding ISIS, Iran is civilizations best hope to stop the emergence of a Sunni Caliphate.
      now i just realised how important was the fall of Shah regime in Iran...

i wonder what US strategists are now thinking about supporting Wahabbis?

btw Turkey IS supporting these barbarians... we strongly believe that.
      Love all, trust a few, do wrong to none; be able for thine enemy rather in power than use; and keep thy friend under thine own life's key; be checked for silence, but never taxed for speech.

Comment

BigK,there is a strong logic for Erdogan to do so.They have the potential to be the new Akinjis.They make a a mess of everything.Then come the liberators,invited by the Arabs and begged by the West.
        The nutters can't tie their shoes on themselves,let alone run countries properly.So they are a giant with feets of clay.But just a small number of them can conquer Arab nations and extract obedience indefinately,IF they are left alone.
        He said to them, "But now if you have a purse, take it, and also a bag; and if you don't have a sword, sell your cloak and buy one. Luke 22:36

Comment

Some good news,if true. Iraq: ISIL convoy hit in Samarra, 200 vehicles destroyed - AhlulBayt News Agency - ABNA - Shia News

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
            Who told them to surrender?
            per some Iraqi posters at militaryphotos.net (so I can't say this is 100% true), they posted an article in Arabic and then translated it to say that the Iraqi Army in Mosul were ordered by their officers to evacuate and to leave their equipment

looks like it was an inside job and the commanding officers were Sunnis sympathetic with ISIS, 3 military officers were arrested and will likely be executed

the Kurds are heavily trumpeting up the fact that they stayed and secured areas while the Iraqi Army ran, this episode is proving very profitable for them - they've gained Kirkuk

At the least, hopefully the media will stop treating this conflict as a Syrian Civil War and start treating it like the Pan-Middle Eastern conflict it is when you consider the sources of money and troops in the region.

-some other notes I pulled from reading the thread at militaryphotos:

-Iran's deployed 2 elite Revolutionary Guard battalions (< 1000 soldiers) into Iraq to help Maliki's government
            -Maliki made an address openly calling for volunteers to form militias and defend Iraq/cities with key Shia shrines in the country
            -Kurds are taking advantage of the ISIS vs. Iraq conflict to the south and the Iraqi army power vacuum to increase their territory to Kirkuk, an important oil-producing city
            -Free Syrian Army and other groups in Syria are reportedly operating in Iraq
            -the Iraqis look to have hired this man:

Major General Qassem Suleimani (on the left), an Iranian Revolutionary Guard general who shaped Hezbollah's force over the years and after the war started and the Syrians struggled, took charge and improved greatly the performance of Assad's National Defense Force in Syria

-it's rumored an ISIS commander is a former vice president of Saddam's, regardless looks like there's certainly a Baathist element to it
            -Iraq reportedly got 155000 volunteers, certainly majority Shia

RIP Sykes-Picot, 1916-2014.
            -Full-blown Middle East War now at this point with very neutral parties hoping they don't get dragged in (Turkey who are tacitly neutral, Israel, Jordan). Iran/Syria/Hezbollah/Iraq vs. Sunni militias/Saudi Arabia/GCC monarchies

Yesterday the Iraqi Parliament was supposed to convene to discuss the matters and announce a state of emergency in the country.

However what happened was the parliament did not reach quorum and thus the parliament was not assembled. (Kurds, Sunni Arabs, Allawi's lot and Hakim's lot did not go to parliament) - obviously they are quite pleased with the daesh advance.

So now a state of emergency will be declared without parliamentary approval using a small rule that allows the Prime Minister to request such a thing from the President. Since the President is not in power (the kurd jalala talabani), his deputy (qais al khaz'ali - a shia arab) will sign off and grant the powers of the emergency rule.

This effectively gets rid of the problems of having the budget blocked by parliament, and projects blocked by them too. Also allows the government to declare martial law... and all of Iraq is in a state of emergency with curfews installed in ALL CITIES even in the south.
            -Iraq officially requested military help from...France??? https://twitter.com/RTLFrance/status...27838774034432

-here's an odd map for you, "ISIS' target", published in a Turkish paper:

-Chinese have offered Iraq military help if needed, U.S. aircraft carrier George H.W. Bush has moved into the Persian Gulf
            -the Turks are siding with the Kurds and a 3-state solution:

#Turkish AKP spokesman Huseyin Celik: When Iraq divides, Kurds like other people would have the right of self-determination.

#Turkish AKP spokesman Huseyin Celik: Practically #Iraq has become three regions because of sectarian policies of PM Maliki.

#Turkish AKP spokesman Huseyin Celik: Turkey has supported KRG and would continue on such support
            -Kurdish president Barzani:

After the events in Mosul and areas near the borders of Kurdistan Confederation , due to the collapse of the Iraqi Armed forces, a military and security vacuum has formed and a great number of citizens from Nineveh (mosul) have been displaced and have headed to the peaceful areas under the control of the Peshmerga Forces.

To protect the people of Kurdistan with all its ethnicities and faiths and to protect public institutions and to fill that vacuum, the Peshmerga forces of Kurdistan have gone to those places evacuated by the Iraqi Army.
            I ask the Peshmerga forces and security forces to be alert at defending the borders and the peoples property in those areas and to protect public institutions and to prevent any unlawful acts.
            I reassure our people that the Peshmerga forces of Kurdistan and the regional security services will in no way allow the peace and security of Kurdistan to be endangered.

Massoud Barzani.
            -none of the native Iraqis I'm pulling this info from are impressed with Maliki's handling of this at all
            -and to end with some laughter, this is funny:

Dear Valued Customers
            By Ordering from the Iraqi Ministry of communications (MOC) to take thenecessary action and Due to the current situation that our Country isgoing through and as directed by the MOC to close the below applications in allparts of Iraq until further notice.

1- Facebook
            2- Youtube
            3- Twitter
            4- Adult Websites
            5- What's Up
            6- Viper
            Last edited by rj1; 14 Jun 14,, 16:44.

Comment

Originally posted by Mihais View Post
              That's the gate to paradise.Do note that the brothers in arms are holding the hands of dying man.That is camaraderie,no matter the side.

In other news, Iran's Rouhani says ready to aid Iraq, nuke deal by July 20 possible | Top News | Reuters

To quote the PSYOPS at Fallujah -
              The last dying guy, where dude keeps patting his head... dudes already gone. What you see is agonal respiration. So named because it looks like they are in agony but in fact they are already 99% gone and not in any pain. Its a sign of extreme hypoxia. An ALS team might be able to get him to a hospital and a surgical team might be able to bring the body back but by the time you reach extreme hypoxia the higher brain functions are gone forever. Vegetative state at best...

Personally since hes part of a group that is doing drive bys, deliberately destroying history, desecrating tombs and attacking religious sites I kinda wish he was conscious and in agony.

Comment

Yep,but his buddies likely don't know that.
                In general,hating the foe is ok,being blinded by hate isn't.

As for the bunch still alive,I have faith in General Qassem Suleimani,the Shia horde mobilizing and their own stupidity to solve the problem.The response of the Shia when mobilization was announced has been impressive.

Maliki has assumed quasi-dictatorial powers.But the parliament was vaccilating in an inexcusable manner.

Comment

Originally posted by rj1 View Post
                  Looks like they want to return to the height of Islamic power. Putting Greece and Spain back on there struck a nerve with me.

Comment

Don't worry,they are quite mild.There are now muslim communities all over Western Europe.Everything till Norway and Sweden is up for grabs.

Thing is,the bulk of the Sunnis will only use those fvckers as shock troops.When they'll be gone in bits&pieces,we'll be back to a new round of Sunni-Shia civil war.Because this is what's going on.
                    Also,I'm curious when the Saudis will get involved directly.The Iranians are moving in a quite smart way to create the Shiastan.

The Saudis are going to be cornered not very far in the future.
                    Last edited by Mihais; 14 Jun 14,, 17:48.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mihais View Post
                      Don't worry,they are quite mild.There are now muslim communities all over Western Europe.Everything till Norway and Sweden is up for grabs.

Thing is,the bulk of the Sunnis will only use those fvckers as shock troops.When they'll be gone in bits&pieces,we'll be back to a new round of Sunni-Shia civil war.Because this is what's going on.
                      Also,I'm curious when the Saudis will get involved directly.The Iranians are moving in a quite smart way to create the Shiastan.

The Saudis are going to be cornered not very far in the future.
                      Who do you think funds ISIS? 1. They really don't like Maliki who has not been a just leader for Iraq's Sunnis. 2. Syria is a proxy war between them and Iran via ISIS v Hezzbollah/Assad.

Comment

• We never should have been there.

That said when we were trying to fix what was broken too many wouldn't help or ran when it got tough....I am looking squarely at you, UN.

That said we gave a hell of a lot of blood and treasure for that hell hole...and I don't want another drop or penny spent.

We wanted it more than they did I guess.

I NO LONGER GIVE A DAMN.
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

• Guardian reports that an ISF official has told them that Iran supposedly has deployed 2000 Basij to Iraq since Friday morning, supposedly mostly to Diyala where ISIL troops have come within about 80 miles of the Iranian border.

Comment

• Originally posted by Albany Rifles View Post
                            We never should have been there.

That said when we were trying to fix what was broken too many wouldn't help or ran when it got tough....I am looking squarely at you, UN.

That said we gave a hell of a lot of blood and treasure for that hell hole...and I don't want another drop or penny spent.

We wanted it more than they did I guess.

I NO LONGER GIVE A DAMN.
                            Time for a Kurdistan, the one group there who we can call friends.

Comment

• Originally posted by zraver View Post
                              Who do you think funds ISIS? 1. They really don't like Maliki who has not been a just leader for Iraq's Sunnis. 2. Syria is a proxy war between them and Iran via ISIS v Hezzbollah/Assad.
                              Directly is the key word.

The logic is simple.The Kurds are going to get independent.For better or worse,Iran is their ally.The Iranians after this will be even more proeminent in the Shia part of Iraq.Somebody wrote above that the Iraqis hired Suleimani.It's viceversa.Suleimani was directly involved in making the Iraqi gov .If he said someone was not going to be there,that was it.He and the Iranians in general don't particularly trust Maliki,but Maliki is in many ways expendable from their pov.
                              Their Basij+Mahdi Army reborn+Iraqi Army will trounce the Sunnis into the dust.Shia death squads will roam the land afterwards,like in the dark days of 2006-2007,but this the Sunnis will have nobody.The Sunni militias that later became part of the ISF are gone already or will be dead by the end of the war and so will the nutters.

What we have is another potential turning point in geopolitics.We have a Shiastan sitting on huge energy reserves.But that also blocks the ambitions of the Turks and is sending the Saudis back to the irrelevance they came from.Because even in KSA,the oil rich areas are in Shia land.

There were plenty of ''what if'' scenarios about Iran.If you recall old discussions,I've always believed in their ability to conquer lands by subversion,intel and politics.No nukes needed.

This Sunni insurgency in Iraq is Allah's gift to the Iranians and the God's of War personal gift to General Suleimani.

You better be friends with them.

Comment

• z,

Iran is civilizations best hope to stop the emergence of a Sunni Caliphate.
                                lol at "Sunni Caliphate". that's not going to happen, especially considering the numbers of Shia in Iraq alone.

not interested in supporting either the Shia or the Sunni. if international jihadis on either side pop up, quash 'em with air power as necessary...whether it's ISIS or the Mahdi Army. on the other hand if they focus on killing each other, meh.
                                There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "My ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."- Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X