The last bullet you'll ever need. G2R RIP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The last bullet you'll ever need. G2R RIP

Watch and enjoy the technology. You might want to order a case to back up your ammo cache.

I always take company promotional vidoes with a grain of salt. At this point, I'm not sure it offers more effective incapacitation than a traditional JHP would, it certainly costs more than a quality JHP. Looking at the round I also wonder if it would have feeding problems in certain firearms. That being said, I'll be interested to see if it is adopted by LEOs or any federal agencies.

Comment

A main reason that this ammo would not be bought by law enforcement is the multiple would tracks. Multiple sharp shards would be very problematic in the operating room. Does one want pissed off doctors testifying in court about vicious bullet used by your local Police, to maim the poor local public enemy #1?
      2nd would be the ammo cost.

Comment

Placement is the issue, not the bullet. All the 'super' frangible rounds in the world wont help if you don't have basic shooting skills in the first place. Why the hell do you need a 9mm round like this if you can place even 2 out of 3 bog standard 9 mil jacketed hollow points in or near center of mass of a target. This is a round for a problem that doesn't exist in the real world if you have any basic competence at shooting.
        Last edited by Monash; 12 Jun 14,, 12:37.
        If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

I wonder what this bullet does during a ricochet? Do bits of metal go flying all over the place?

Comment

Wow, those ballistic gel blocks and water balloons are all kinds of dead.

Quick questions, did it strike the company on how much this would increase the liability factor in a civilian usage scenario? It might well be the last round you will ever need to send you to jail in case of a civilian shooting.

What's wrong with a good JHP and plenty of practice? Don't know about LE, but as a civilian I would not touch this.
            "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by antimony View Post
              Wow, those ballistic gel blocks and water balloons are all kinds of dead.

Quick questions, did it strike the company on how much this would increase the liability factor in a civilian usage scenario? It might well be the last round you will ever need to send you to jail in case of a civilian shooting.

What's wrong with a good JHP and plenty of practice? Don't know about LE, but as a civilian I would not touch this.
              I actually thought the Ballistic gelatin looked odd. Whenever I've seen the gel it is a kind of pale yellow color. I've never seen clear gel used, it makes me wonder if it has the same characteristics as standard ballistic gel.

From a legal standpoint, any round that causes excessive wounding without being demonstratively more effective in stopping an attacker seems like it leaves you open to liability trouble. Due to legal considerations, I will be carrying the same type of ammunition that LEOs or federal agencies use. A good quality JHP has been proven to get the job done when it counts, and when it comes to betting your life, I'll stick to the proven product.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                I actually thought the Ballistic gelatin looked odd. Whenever I've seen the gel it is a kind of pale yellow color. I've never seen clear gel used, it makes me wonder if it has the same characteristics as standard ballistic gel.
                Maybe it is the last ballistic gel you will ever need to make flashy but meaningless shooting videos :)
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

This looks similar to the black talon and extreme shock AFR rounds that have been around for awhile now. They are definitely over-blowing the "innovative-ness" of this round.

Comment

This is an old thread but I thought this channel might be of interest for people thinking about ammo selection for their guns:

https://www.youtube.com/user/ShootingTheBull410

Here's his testing of the RIP ammo:

Comment

Thanks for posting that. It reinforces the fact that bullet types are just a factor compromises.

Comment

The guy has some pretty interesting posts on his blog too:

Shooting The Bull | We Bullieve in dispelling Bulloney.

Today I’ll bring another case to your attention, the case of LAPD Officer Stacey Lim. Officer Lim was followed by a gangbanger wanting to steal her car. When she pulled into her driveway and exited the car, he shoved a .357 Magnum at her from about five feet away and pulled the trigger. He didn’t miss. In Officer Lim’s own words, the .357 bullet hit her “just left center of my chest, it went through my chest and out my back, nicked my diaphragm, my liver, my intestine, shattered my spleen, put a hole in the base of my heart, and left a tennis-ball-sized hole in my back as it exited. It knocked me back into my car door.”

Now, folks, let’s think about that. If you were in a defensive encounter and had to shoot a bad guy, hitting them left-center in the chest, punching a hole in their heart, shattering one of their vital organs, and blowing a tennis-ball-sized hole out of their back … not to mention the .357’s vaunted “hydrostatic shock” effect, if such exists…) You gotta think that’s an absolute manstopper right there.

Well, a manstopper maybe, but not a woman-stopper. Ms. Lim was hit bad, yes, but she wasn’t stopped. Far from it. She transformed into a handgun owner’s worst nightmare: a determined combatant.

Last edited by citanon; 19 Jan 15,, 09:03.

Comment

Working...
                        X