No announcement yet.

World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Neuer did not have to make a single save !!

Argentine defense was very good their attack however was a bit shaky. Di maria would have been missed.

The role of substitutes in scoring goals has been amazing in this tournament. Gotze was subbed in for Klose at the 88th minute.
    Last edited by Double Edge; 13 Jul 14,, 23:35.

Comment

• Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
      Neuer did not have to make a single save !!

Argentine defense was very good their attack however was a bit shaky. Di maria would have been missed.

The role of substitutes in scoring goals has been amazing in this tournament. Gotze was subbed in for Klose at the 88th minute.
      OOH C'mon DE
      Argentine had a plan to be physical. 1st 19 minutes of the game they downed German players 5 times. All looked intentional. Either way was a good match to watch. I'm happy with the result. Have to go back and continue with the German Ice Wine.

Comment

• Congratulations to Germany.

Condolences to Argentina. To be in the final was an achievement in itself.
        To be Truly ignorant, Man requires an Education - Plato

Comment

• Congratulations Germany. Well deserved.
          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• actually I reckon most of the finals were a disappointment

earlier playoffs were much more exciting
            Linkeden:
            http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
            http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

• A boring final, not worth staying up for.
              Both teams looked unsettled and Argentina's physical play was ugly to watch.
              Schweinsteiger was really hammered by them.
              For Gallifrey! For Victory! For the end of time itself!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
                OOH C'mon DE
                Argentine had a plan to be physical. 1st 19 minutes of the game they downed German players 5 times. All looked intentional. Either way was a good match to watch. I'm happy with the result. Have to go back and continue with the German Ice Wine.
                Check the timeline from the stats and you will find germany got the first two yellows within the first half. Which is odd as they usually don't foul as much. Germany made more fouls in the game, only by a little though. The second German foul by Howedes was fortunate not to have resulted in a red card. This game was not too bad compared to others in that aspect. Two yellows a piece.

Comment

• Wheres tarek ??

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                    Wheres tarek ??
                    Hope he is well.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Scolari sacked .

Comment

• Germanys Angela Merkel is said to be ecstatic after watching her team lift the world cup.
                        "She's phoning and texting all her friends, she's so happy"
                        Said the FBI

Comment

• Originally posted by tankie View Post
                          Scolari sacked .
                          Are you serious? That quick?

Comment

• Scolari is an arrogant p***k. That was coming.
                            Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Aryajet View Post
                              Are you serious? That quick?
                              Yup , gone .

Comment

• I know this is late, but I just came back from Europe a few days ago.

I watched the Germany-Brazil game on TV while in UK. That was a beat down of epic proportions. Goals #3, 4, and 5 were scored the same way, secondary attack from the mid-fielders. Brazil's backs converged on the strikers and left the trailers completely open. In fact I called out goals #4 and #5 to my friends before Germans scored. They were that obvious.

Yes, I am not a fan of soccer (football for non-Americans). But I am a fan of sports in general and a student of tactics. A brilliantly executed plan of attack is a beauty to watch in any sport.

I boarded a Lufthansa flight the day after this game. Needless to say the crew was very friendly and always had a smile.
                                "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Working...
                                X