No announcement yet.

World Cup 2014

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me if its cold in Brazil this time of the year, or are the broadcasters just not showing enough skin this time?

I am very impressed with Dutch baldie. What explosive speed man. Killer weapon.

Comment

Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
      Can someone tell me if its cold in Brazil this time of the year, or are the broadcasters just not showing enough skin this time?
      It was raining like crazy on Mexico's match.

In Salvador it was partly cloudy, guess better safe then sorry.

Weather during the match:
      27° C Temperature;
      12 m/s Wind;
      87 % Humidity

I am very impressed with Dutch baldie. What explosive speed man. Killer weapon.
      I take it you don't watch this game often.
      Robben is not bald, he is aerodynamic :)
      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
        I take it you don't watch this game often.
        Robben is not bald, he is aerodynamic :)
        I watch football once every 4 years like clockwork man.

Rest of the time I watch the Queen's game. God save the Queen.

Comment

Mexico robbed of 2 goals by bad refereeing AGAIN , however , what just hit Spain whooooooooo , Robben once again showing his class , well done the cloggmen , however when Spain won the the cup last year they were beaten in their 1st game , not to be written off yet ,:pari:

Comment

The game was fast and flowing. The long passes and counterattacks incisive. I liked this game so much more than the slow dead Brazil one.

Polls from major Indian cities this time show a marked trend of Indians backing Europe over South America this time.

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
              Mexico robbed of 2 goals by bad refereeing AGAIN , however , what just hit Spain whooooooooo , Robben once again showing his class , well done the cloggmen , however when Spain won the the cup last year they were beaten in their 1st game , not to be written off yet ,:pari:
              Bad refs are concentrated in Group A so far. Hope it will stop from now on.

Noone should write off Spain if they can get their acts together. If they win Chile, they are back on track like nothing happened. Only in the second phase guess who's waiting :)

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Weather during the match:
                27° C Temperature;
                12 m/s Wind;
                87 % Humidity
                Sounds like LT experiencing an unusually cold winter.

Comment

Bad refs are concentrated in Group A so far. Hope it will stop from now on.
                  Did you see the penalty Spain got? Not great.

To be honest, I tend not to blame umpires for much. There are occasional bad ones, but mostly they do a decent job under the circumstances. They get one chance at ground level in real time & rarely from the same angle we get. Some of the decisions in the games I saw today were remarkable for their accuracy. Wouldn't back myself to get even close.

Noone should write off Spain if they can get their acts together. If they win Chile, they are back on track like nothing happened. Only in the second phase guess who's waiting :)
                  Well....not exactly. Unless Holland loses & loses big (or twice) Spain is unlikely to get first. That means meeting Brazil in the next round. I don't know when a Brazilian team last exited a World Cup in the 2nd round, but if it has ever happened it isn't very common. It seems even less likely at home. Spain aren't out of it yet, but they are in trouble. I suspect Spain Chile will be a cracker of a game because it will probably decide qualification.
                  sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                    Did you see the penalty Spain got? Not great.

To be honest, I tend not to blame umpires for much. There are occasional bad ones, but mostly they do a decent job under the circumstances. They get one chance at ground level in real time & rarely from the same angle we get. Some of the decisions in the games I saw today were remarkable for their accuracy. Wouldn't back myself to get even close.
                    They are only humans, but they get 90% of the blame. Why FIFA gets a new, "improved" ball for every WC, but can't get a 2 minutes break for 2-3 situations per match? Something has to be changed, sportsman live for a gathering like this, some get only one in their careers and a wrong angle can be decisive.

Well....not exactly. Unless Holland loses & loses big (or twice) Spain is unlikely to get first. That means meeting Brazil in the next round. I don't know when a Brazilian team last exited a World Cup in the 2nd round, but if it has ever happened it isn't very common. It seems even less likely at home. Spain aren't out of it yet, but they are in trouble. I suspect Spain Chile will be a cracker of a game because it will probably decide qualification.
                    Can't see Oranje losing big time from Chile. Still anything can happen.
                    WRT Spain, most likely they will meet Brasil in the next phase. If Spaniards get their morale and psychology right, they can beat the Brasil who played against Croatia. Interesting options anyway.

Match of the day - ENG/ITA. Tankie is gonna be pissed one way or another :)

Some interesting stats:

England - Italy
                    Sunglasses: 0-13.
                    Long hair: 0-8
                    Suit from the 80'ies: 25-0
                    Ability to organize a photo-shoot: 1-0
                    Ability to look good in a photo-shoot: 0-19
                    Missing Mum already: 0-19
                    Last edited by Doktor; 14 Jun 14,, 13:30.

Comment

Meanwhile in Berlin:

Attached Files

Comment

I will of course be watching Dok , hoping we can make a better show of our warm up friendlies , eyeties aint no walk over tho .

Comment

Well played Columbia , 3 0 against the Greeks , a good game to watch .

Comment

Originally posted by tankie View Post
                            I will of course be watching Dok , hoping we can make a better show of our warm up friendlies , eyeties aint no walk over tho .
                            Buffon is injured. Raise some hopes mate.

Comment

Dok, 2-3 minutes aren't even needed. Instant replay after every goal, red card or penalty. Either way, there is more than enough time until the game gets back on track for a fourth official to watch reviews, overturning calls if necessary. They successfully use instant replay in American football, baseball, cricket, rugby, tennis and other sports. Four years ago there was no way in the world they were going to change soccer, now they have started using goal-line technology, following the examples from the 2010 World Cup. I feel safe saying that by 2022 or 2026 there will be instant replay in soccer as well.
                              Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Ben,

I had some of the hockey moments in my head.

Breathe tankie, breathe ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X