This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by antimony View Post
    Allow regular, normal, law abiding people the right to have guns and protect themselves. Lets see how many of these insects would be brave enough to try this after that.
    That, actually is a good idea. Having a Pistol is one of my firsts once I decide to go back permanently. Any asshole comes asking for terrorist tax and I'm gonna shoot his sorry ass.
    Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

09:08 Meghalaya: Encounter on with terrorists who killled woman for resisting rape: An encounter is on in Meghalaya with Garo militants who killed a woman for resisting rape.

@RediffTweets
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Its been going on since late last evening, per update from the DGP.

Hope they hunt down and kill each one of them.

Comment

Originally posted by lemontree View Post
          More than anything I am ashamed of the police force and its IPS officers. Useless bunch of parasites.
          This is why - It’s impossible to file an FIR in Uttar Pradesh

Badaun gang rape: Under constant threat, victim's family decides to leave UP

Meanwhile, it seems that Mumbai isn't that safer anymore. It is a great city, one which I really loved living and working.

Auto driver rapes teenager in Mumbai, four held

Comment

Shoot them in the streets like the rabid animals they are. OR make it madatory that all women train and carry a gun for their own self protection. That will end it when some rich kid gets plugged for being a POS.
            Fortitude.....The strength to persist...The courage to endure.

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post
              That's because filing of FIRs at police stations in the state is governed by the dynamics of caste, economic status and support from influential people, says BSP MLA Sinod Shakya. "Police sprung into action only after people took to the streets and the media stepped in."
              Ramvir Jatav, a Dalit gram panchayat member in a Bareilly village, says for people from his caste to get an FIR registered is "like plucking the moon from the sky". The cops make systematic efforts to implicate complainants instead. "We dare to step into police stations only when we are accompanied by an influential member of our community", Jatav says.
              So if you're from the wrong group then you must be lying ?

Let alone rape and murder, it is a nightmare to get an FIR registered even in cases of vehicle thefts. The cops insist that they will conduct their "own investigation" to "ascertain" if the complaint and the complainant are worthy.
              i thought it was because any FIR lodged meant a death sentence for the complainant

So no case filed means they should be safe.

But they do want to file their case and that means they must leave.
              Last edited by Double Edge; 07 Jun 14,, 01:13.

Comment

Originally posted by Dreadnought View Post
                Shoot them in the streets like the rabid animals they are. OR make it madatory that all women train and carry a gun for their own self protection. That will end it when some rich kid gets plugged for being a POS.
                Love it .

Comment

Man arrested for raping Malaysian woman in Jaipur

Incredible India!

Comment

Originally posted by Oracle View Post

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
                    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Another simple reason for cops not to register an FIR. It means they actually have to do something about it.

They are are understaffed or just want something.

Comment

16-Year-Old Found Hanging from Tree in Moradabad, Family Alleges Rape
                        Thursday, 12 June 2014

In yet another brutality similar to that of the Badaun rape and murder, the body of a 16-year-old girl has been found hanging from a tree in Moradabad in Uttar Pradesh. Her family has come forward with allegations that she was raped and murdered. The son of the woman in Bahraich had alleged that she had been gang-raped and murdered by her attackers. He also said that she had recently registered a police complaint against the local liquor mafia. Three people have been arrested in connection to the case, among them the woman’s brother-in-law, who is allegedly a member of the hooch racket in the village. The autopsy report of the woman, however, did not confirm rape. The results for pathological tests that confirm rape conclusively are still being awaited. The police have also hinted that it may be a case of suicide.

There had been reports on Wednesday night that a 35-year-old woman had been allegedly raped by a senior cop at a police station in the district of Hamirpur in UP in the presence of his juniors, who had not done anything to stop him. It was reported that the woman had gone to the police station to seek her husband’s release following his arrest. It is alleged that the policemen had demanded a bribe, but the woman had refused to pay. The station house officer who is accused of her rape has been arrested, while three constables who had been on duty at the time and had allegedly done nothing to help her have been removed from duty.
                        Source
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Double Edge View Post
                          So if you're from the wrong group then you must be lying ?

i thought it was because any FIR lodged meant a death sentence for the complainant
                          You do know the caste/religion/money/political dynamics vis-a-vis the Police in India, right? And yes, there are cases where complainants or witnesses have been shot dead. Unless the Police Forces are reformed with new laws, things would remain the way they are now. A guy in my Dad's office committed suicide when I was in (probably) Class VII. Out of curiosity I went and saw the body hanging. The Police officer who was there commented something like 'So, the MF died'. Raped women, get raped again in Police stations. They need to learn to be sensitive about the issues common people face. And this is not possible in India with people of the law favoring people of their own caste or religion.

So no case filed means they should be safe.

But they do want to file their case and that means they must leave.

Originally posted by Doktor View Post

Service Unavailable

The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.
                          Government websites are a joke.

Another simple reason for cops not to register an FIR. It means they actually have to do something about it.

They are are understaffed or just want something.
                          Registering an FIR would mean the Police actually doing some work. Which Government office/branch employees have you seen really working without a bribe. They laze around all day, sit on files and get paid for doing almost nothing.

Comment

So it is your position that Indians cannot be proud of anything while rape goes on their country and women get murdered and that there is nothing incredible about India? If that is the case, then no one can be ever proud of their own country.

Feeling the need to denigrate anything Indian or anything resembling close to Indian success to assuage your guilt of being an Indian? Establishing your credentials as a Macaulayite Indian, eh?

You are a reminiscent of the crab mentality. So forgive me if I choose not to follow the crab mentality where at the same time, I acknowledge that India still has a long way to go and there are many problems and evils to cure such as the law and order problem and the rape epidemic, that I remain proud of India's accomplishments and achievements and remain optimistic to what India has to and can offer. I just returned back from a trip to India. Delhi was very crowded and dirty and at times, I was close to despair when I saw some basic civic services were lacking. However I saw several acts of human decency and courage that defied all logic and explanation and that restored my faith and optimism in the Indian people.

So if you feel the need to mock or denigrate India's successes and accomplishments every time a rape/murder happens in order to assuage your self inflicted guilt of being an Indian, I pity you because you will never feel optimistic about yourself or for anyone else.

Comment

Said the man so optimistic about the country, he refuses to come back and live there.
                              No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Blademaster View Post
                                So it is your position that Indians cannot be proud of anything while rape goes on their country and women get murdered and that there is nothing incredible about India? If that is the case, then no one can be ever proud of their own country.

Feeling the need to denigrate anything Indian or anything resembling close to Indian success to assuage your guilt of being an Indian? Establishing your credentials as a Macaulayite Indian, eh?

You are a reminiscent of the crab mentality. So forgive me if I choose not to follow the crab mentality where at the same time, I acknowledge that India still has a long way to go and there are many problems and evils to cure such as the law and order problem and the rape epidemic, that I remain proud of India's accomplishments and achievements and remain optimistic to what India has to and can offer. I just returned back from a trip to India. Delhi was very crowded and dirty and at times, I was close to despair when I saw some basic civic services were lacking. However I saw several acts of human decency and courage that defied all logic and explanation and that restored my faith and optimism in the Indian people.

So if you feel the need to mock or denigrate India's successes and accomplishments every time a rape/murder happens in order to assuage your self inflicted guilt of being an Indian, I pity you because you will never feel optimistic about yourself or for anyone else.
                                I think he is just showing is disgust at the incident. Should we as Indians hide the muck under the carpet and show all is well?
                                This is the ugly truth, face it.

Why does this happen? Discuss that.

Cheers!...on the rocks!!

Comment

Working...
                                X