Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India just woke up in North Korea or what?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lemontree View Post
    Most of it the work is being done in the way you find it acceptable. No one is forced and the law is followed, by forwarding an affidavit to the district collector.

However, the problem is not in following the law. It is in being a soft target of right wing groups even when you are within law.
    The right wing groups are wrong. Period. And wherever caught, they are punished and will be punished. But just as you feel innocent Hindus suffer because of goonish kar sevaks, I feel innocent Christians suffer because of over zealous and significantly less than innocent evangelical missionaries flush with foreign funds and a planned agenda and set "quotas" with "performance bonuses".

I can tell you that you are wrong if you truly believe that most evangelical stuff is being done in a India-centric manner. The entire eastern belt of our country, the entire NE, is rife with inducement mass conversions. Whole communities and hamlets in one stroke beome Christian overnight. Please read up on mass conversions in Jharkhand, in Odisha. And let me tell you that this is not a phenomenon concentrated in impoverished and backward areas alone. We have what we call the "Hail Mary" brigade right here in our cities and metros amongst the rich and well to do as well. Pastors and "healers". It is all done very smoothly, insidiously. I have seen it in my own circle and it actually reached my house as well till I very firmly put my foot down and laid down some much needed ground rules to my own very secular and very liberal wife and some of her airy headed (and very gullible) friends.

Actually, they exist today as the various baba's/ sufi's. Our people look up to these "holy" men...
    These are the men who preach to the 600 districts of India. We only know what happens in the 30 odd urban cities of India.
    But people flock to these "holy" men for a multitude of reasons looking for salvation and succor. And people inundate these "holy" men with riches. And no one converts, and stays within their respective broader faiths. Our secular peers and babas and dargahs and ashrams are built like that. Many are frauds. Most I personally have no time for. But that's besides the point we are debating here isn't it?

On all these 3, the Christian model is diferent, diametrically opposite.

Would you believe it, if I told you that Ashoka had 18,000 jains massacred? This is just a little trivia I came across when i was doing some research on communal violence and its history in India (preparing a crisis action senario for our crisis management team).

The two biggest prosecutors of christians in medevial India were - St. Francis Xavier (by his inquision) and Tipu Sultan (killed almost 70,000 of the 85,000 mangalorean christians).
    Yes I know. Historicaly, a lot was done. Rivers of blood would have flowed. As they flowed in Christianity and Islam as well. Does that mean we should continue to have them flow today in this day and age? Does it make any sense?
    Last edited by sated buddha; 10 Jun 14,, 11:27.

Comment

• Originally posted by bolo121 View Post
      What makes me worried is Mangalore and Dakshina Karnataka style stuff. Its a slippery slope.
      If enough hindus radicalize and accept fascist ideals, they can exterminate India's 2.3% christians without breaking a sweat.
      I'm sort of fond of the idea of a pluralistic diverse society where we all just get along.
      Concur. And that holds true for Muslim as well. Some one quoted sometimes back .... India is secular not because the Muslims of India want it, but rather because the majority Hindus want it.
      sigpicAnd on the sixth day, God created the Field Artillery...

Comment

• Originally posted by Deltacamelately View Post
        Concur. And that holds true for Muslim as well. Some one quoted sometimes back .... India is secular not because the Muslims of India want it, but rather because the majority Hindus want it.
        That was me quoting MJ Akbar. Muslim BJP leader and journalist of repute.

Hence some appreciation sometimes would be nice. All I see on social media is villification. As if we are the villainous goonish majority of India tormenting our minority brothers every chance we get.

Look left and right buddies. Look left and right.

P.S. And before you jump on me, I am not asking for some sort of gratitude. Just simply appreciation. Freely given and vocalized. Public appreciation on foreign boards like this would be nice too. So that outsiders do not get the wrong idea. As many of them here sadly seem to be laboring under.

This is also not to say that India is India only because of Hindus. India is India because of all of us. Together.

But India could not have been India without us. That is the point. A simple fact. Simple, and undeniable.
        Last edited by sated buddha; 10 Jun 14,, 12:44.

Comment

• Originally posted by lemontree;965957[QUOTE
          ]I gave you the reason why that riot too place. I never justified those deaths. Either you dont understand english or your hatred for anyone one questioning the Sangh blinds your perception.
          Bullshit, you justified the deaths. You gave reason for their deaths ?? For their burning alive ??

Ok let me put it this way, you gave reason for their burning alive and Hindus are giving you reasons why they are rioting. You both have deal, Mr. fanatic.

I stand by that. I am against fascist groups that terrorise own citizens for political or religious reasons.
          You stand for no one, you commulazied the army by barging about sacrifices of Christians when no hindu solider does the same. You never had the guts to call Christian missionaries out who sowed the seeds of discord in the first place.

It is because of your type of tolerance, for these hate groups get strength and survive.
          It is grievous because you disregard the chronology of events, jump the gun and pretend to be knowing every thing. It is grievous because all you can do preach and but give no remedy. Accuse others to cater your own biases.

In the recent Pune riot where Hindu Rashtra Sena (HRS) was blamed, while in yesterdays case the seven VHP chaps in Pune have been arrested for random stoning of a bus that has sent a Hindu gentelman into coma.
          They have reason to do the riot like muslim had to burn the the Hindus alive, you both have a deal, now cut the crap of pretending concerned, you all are same.

I still dont understand what makes you cheer such groups.
          Stop talking on my behalf, you have lost it all you are doing is gasping for breaths and being defensive.
          Last edited by ambidex; 10 Jun 14,, 14:13.

Comment

The VHP clerics have been the most venomous against the Muslims and Christians....and when one college principal speaks out - you shout bloody murder!

And you talk of secularism and equality?
            There is no such thing like clerics of VHP. It is only clerics and priest who are going out of their scope of practice to make sure things go wrong from the unit level.

Comment

Oh you are one of those fanatical types from IDF...cheers.
              Bingo.....I got it now......so your and the minion's problem is IDF which is a Pakistani owner run website. If you are talking about DFI then they gave you plenty of respect but since you were not able to factually cope with heaps of material they published against missionaries you abandoned them. And your minion Oracle who has defected to WAB, for last 3 years has been begging the management to lift his ban for his repeated trolling and repeated bans. He is the same poster who is using worst adjectives like fuck, my ass, shit etc. for his country when there is always a place for objective criticism like many of us are doing here. The same website has Ray as his member who belong to same fraternity or may be same religious group like you but will never compare his mother land with North Korea.

No my friend you cannot understand what you are cribbing about.
              What made you think that people wouldn't call you out for comparing India with North Korea and let outsiders compare your governments with Nazis. I always gave you benefit of doubt and kept that question locked inside chest, but not anymore. No one is researching for you, I have memory of an elephant, whatever people write I remember it and use it at the right opportunity.

Lol....you really need to see what you voted to power. The recent communal turmoil in Maharashtra - thank you. But I know you cannot see it that way.
              Riots are nothing new, but since your party has lost it you are making it big. Even your supporters here have voted BJP and they are bloody hypocrites.

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                You are all over the place. Aurangzeb was a better Indian because he made some foreigners pay taxes? What about this repression of Hindus?
                Hindus do not need support from apologists. They have been fighting their wars and defending their borders since time immemorial.

Post independence when the world perceived India as a Hindu nation (go search for headlines of major international Newspapers and broadcasts) who has gone through division on the bases of religious demographics, Indians who were majority Hindus with power handed over to their leaders, showed their wisdom and grace by becoming a democracy where everyone was equal. They made sure its ethos remain non-negotiable which you people have yet to learn about its technicalities as all of you have been fear mongering on India becoming a Hindu nation.

BTW Aurengjeb was as Indian as any other Hindu or Sikh king was, at that time and when all of them were killing each other. He was powerful, The Emperor, so he killed more. He was the only one who kept Europeans out on the high seas that only after his death they were able to place their foot on Indian sands.
                Last edited by ambidex; 10 Jun 14,, 14:14.

Comment

• Originally posted by ambidex View Post
                  And your minion Oracle who has defected to WAB, for last 3 years has been begging the management to lift his ban for his repeated trolling and repeated bans. He is the same poster who is using worst adjectives like fuck, my ass, shit etc. for his country when there is always a place for objective criticism like many of us are doing here.
                  Kidding? Begging? I am one of the guys amongst very few who funded the forum when they were short of funds. I left it, because the right wing nazis were spewing too much hatred and BS. So, hit & run, please don't assume. Post reported.
                  Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
                    Kidding? Begging? I am one of the guys amongst very few who funded the forum when they were short of funds. I left it, because the right wing nazis were spewing too much hatred and BS.
                    You should save your funds for whiskey which makes you stupor otherwise and to buy a bullet proof jacket because hindu fanatics are surging.

You never left, you have been booted out for abusing others and trolling and it has happened 4 to 5 times in last 3 years. DFI had surge of right winger for last 6 months during elections but you have been getting booted out from the word go. The first time I requested mods to un ban you.The forum is far more critical on Right wingers even has stripped off hindu bigots like decklender.

Comment

• Geez, this got way out of hand and way too personal.
                      No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

• Originally posted by ambidex View Post
                        You should save your funds for whiskey which makes you stupor otherwise and to buy a bullet proof jacket because hindu fanatics are surging.

You never left, you have been booted out for abusing others and trolling and it has happened 4 to 5 times in last 3 years. DFI had surge of right winger for last 6 months during elections but you have been getting booted out from the word go. The first time I requested mods to un ban you.The forum is far more critical on Right wingers even has stripped off hindu bigots like decklender.
                        We don't need to discuss the affairs of other forums here. You can also stop the personal attacks right now please. You will not receive another warning.

In addition, if you have a problem with the way the Moderators here handle issues of concern to you, please do let us know. Thank you.
                        Last edited by TopHatter; 10 Jun 14,, 16:10.
                        “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Working...
                        X