The "Gavin" is back in the news

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The "Gavin" is back in the news

They did this! They really really did this!!!

Vehicles of the US military - MSN Autos

Actually calling an M113 "Gavin."

Vehicles of the US military

M113A3 Armored Personnel Carrier

Military equipment is always eye-wateringly expensive, but unless it gets shot up in action the gear is often used for a very long time. The M113 "Gavin" is a perfect example. Designed in the late 1950s, the M113 has been transporting troops behind its light armor since the Kennedy administration. Over the years, 40 or more versions have specialized in everything from smoke generation to 120 mm mortar fire. Approximately 80,000 Gavins have been built, it's still in production, and it can be found serving in over 50 countries besides the U.S. Weight is just under 24,000 pounds and power is from a 275-horsepower diesel engine.
    Somewhere, deep in the basement of a suburban townhouse, Mike Sparks is laughing his ass off.
    "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
    Somewhere, deep in the basement of a suburban townhouse, Mike Sparks is laughing his ass off.
    And by "laughing his ass off", I think you mean "masturbating furiously"
    “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

Well that fucked up a perfectly fine Sunday afternoon!
      “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
      Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by TopHatter View Post
        And by "laughing his ass off", I think you mean "masturbating furiously"
        Thank you for that imagery. I had to watch SWSNBN's concert to cleanse my mind.
        "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

We all knew it. Somebody had to say it. Turns out that somebody was me.
          “He was the most prodigious personification of all human inferiorities. He was an utterly incapable, unadapted, irresponsible, psychopathic personality, full of empty, infantile fantasies, but cursed with the keen intuition of a rat or a guttersnipe. He represented the shadow, the inferior part of everybody’s personality, in an overwhelming degree, and this was another reason why they fell for him.”

Comment

One of those situations to get bitten by a snake or ***** by a donkey.

:insane:
            No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
              One of those situations to get bitten by a snake or ***** by a donkey.

:insane:
              Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . do I have a choice?
              "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Can I at least choose the snake's species?

Comment

Originally posted by Stitch View Post
                  Ummmmmmmmmmmmmm . . . . do I have a choice?
                  Uhm... yes.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Skywatcher View Post
                    Can I at least choose the snake's species?
                    No.

Comment

One does have to give Sparky props at least for pretty much being a pioneer of "professional" search engine optimization.

Regardless of the content of the site optimized.

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                        One does have to give Sparky props at least for pretty much being a pioneer of "professional" search engine optimization.

Regardless of the content of the site optimized.
                        Kato, that is like getting credit for being the tallest midget!
                        “Loyalty to country ALWAYS. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it.”
                        Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by kato View Post
                          I would love to have a professional do a psychological evaluation on ol Sparky, although I'm sure he'd react....negatively to such a suggestion.

I can just about guarantee the diagnosis would include a huge wallop of Narcissistic personality disorder

Comment

Working...
                          X