Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Air Show (May 2014)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Air Show (May 2014)

May 10th, 2014
    Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst held an open house air show with all branches of the military represented, although not much Navy was seen (the base is land locked). The weather for the day was questionable, but it turned out to be a very nice, somewhat cloudy. Our military members are impressive, eager to talk to the public and I was impressed looking at the equipment they use close up. Not often that you get to do this. My favorites, of course the P51 & Spitfire and the CH-53E. Most of the larger aircraft you could walk through the cargo hold and check out the cockpits. The Thunderbirds went on later than scheduled, complete about 1/2 hour of their demonstration, and was cut short due to weather. A short time later down pours began with some lightning. As usual, an impressive day! Been here at least 5 times with one show at Lakehurst.

There are over 250 pictures in the slideshow, choose either one, they are the same pics. One you click manually, the other goes by itself. Some of the flying pics are sequences of rolls so go through those one by one. I have video as well, just need to edit and put it together. You can see pics of shows like this anyplace, but seeing and taking them myself makes them that much better. Hope you enjoy. Any questions just ask.

JBMDL
    Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst

Click at your own pace slideshow, better off with this one, goes faster with you clicking
    Joint Base McGuire - Dix - Lakehurst Air Show May 10, 2014 Photo by ken_nj | Photobucket

Auto slideshow, you can set the speed
    JBMDL Airshow 2014 Slideshow by ken_nj | Photobucket
    Last edited by Ken_NJ; 11 May 14,, 17:22.

Thanks for sharing! Looks like it was a great show despite the weather.

Hopefully the budgets get back on track so we can enjoy air shows like they were 2 or 3 years ago.

Comment

Working...
    X