Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's wrong with this narrative?

Particularly the first two pictures?

Aside from the .45 pistols. The stack of money is no where near 22 Billion dollars

Comment

Well, we are looking at the 1911 design; there is no doubt about that.

But are we looking at Colt's.....or Llama's? If the latter, well, I don't won't debate whether or not there is a .45 Llama because that's not the point.

The point is........is there such a thing as a .357 magnum automatic? And if so, did it ever come in the 1911 design?

Summary: just another case of someone writing something to a picture and not having a clue of what they are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by Tamara View Post
        Well, we are looking at the 1911 design; there is no doubt about that.

But are we looking at Colt's.....or Llama's? If the latter, well, I don't won't debate whether or not there is a .45 Llama because that's not the point.

The point is........is there such a thing as a .357 magnum automatic? And if so, did it ever come in the 1911 design?

Summary: just another case of someone writing something to a picture and not having a clue of what they are talking about.
        Full auto?
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          Full auto?
          Not sure I follow what you are trying to say here.

While technically it is probably correct to say semi-automatic, automatic for pistols is also acceptable.....at least when I was growing up.

It is, after all, an ACP round used, no?

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
            Aside from the .45 pistols. The stack of money is no where near 22 Billion dollars
            $205.6 million, according to Snopes. Those gun museum pics didn't come from the raid, either, which happened back in 2007
            Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Not sure I follow what you are trying to say here.

While technically it is probably correct to say semi-automatic, automatic for pistols is also acceptable.....at least when I was growing up.

It is, after all, an ACP round used, no?
              Then Coonan .357.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Yes, and yes.

Not necessarily. We've proven that there are .357 Magnum semi-auto pistols. Remember when we had the conversation about finding things on the internet? The two links I provided were the first two answers on Google run for the search string ".357 magnum semi-auto".

I'm afraid that here your hubris has caught up to you. You claim that this was "just another case of someone writing something to a picture and not having a clue of what they are talking about." In reality, while he may have had no idea what he was talking about, you definitely had no idea what you were talking about.
                Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Comment

Well, then I stand corrected.

But I did post it here to see if such a thing existed and not to toot my own horn.........well, maybe just a little.......
                  Last edited by Tamara; 29 Apr 14,, 15:27.

Comment

What's wrong with this narrative?

Gold guns.

Comment

More guns than you could ever imagine!
                      I don't know....I can imagine quite a bit.
                      "Only Nixon can go to China." -- Old Vulcan proverb.

Comment

Thanks, Han!

Comment

Originally posted by gunnut View Post
                          I don't know....I can imagine quite a bit.

One the gunnut's closets unloaded.
                          Attached Files

Comment

The object label on the first picture indicates that the pistol is in fact a Colt .38 Super. Apparently the .45ACP is restricted to law enforcement/military in Mexico so the .38 super is the preferred cartridge for civilians. Probably preferred in the drug world for cheaper ammo (although it does not appear cheap matters that much...).

Comment

The .38 Super is fine. An interesting option is...
                              I don't always shoot pistols, but when I do, I prefer the 10mm Automatic.

Comment

Working...
                              X