No announcement yet.

The CD music in the car: who is is it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The CD music in the car: who is is it?

Me, it's Martina McBride and Shania Twain.

It's me, 8GB USB stick and all the music ever.

CDs are space wasters.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Ipod for me. I can go days at a time and not hear the same song twice…unless i want to. Radio is crap and getting worse every day.
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
        Ipod for me. I can go days at a time and not hear the same song twice…unless i want to.
        I don't hear the same song twice in a while, but when I do, it's the same song for hours

Radio is crap and getting worse every day.
        I have two stations on my radio, on is 9-12 am, they have a good talk show and plenty of annoying commercials. The other is music non stop. Sometimes they infiltrate Duran Duran or something like that and ruin my week. Thank God it's not becoming worse. Wonder if it could.

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          I don't hear the same song twice in a while, but when I do, it's the same song for hours

I have two stations on my radio, on is 9-12 am, they have a good talk show and plenty of annoying commercials. The other is music non stop. Sometimes they infiltrate Duran Duran or something like that and ruin my week. Thank God it's not becoming worse. Wonder if it could.
          In the states most stations are owned by a hand full of mega corporations. Morning talk is mostly "how clever and funny am I" or "I have to tell you the cutest thing my 8 year old daughter did yesterday" AM is filled with people who LOOOOOOOVE the sound of their own voice. Any music is played by accident. There are a few places you can hear music almost 24/7 but they want you to pay for them. If I lower myself to the radio I want music some relevant news and the traffic report. My luck is that I get the traffic report AFTER I am already on the road…and stuck in traffic.

Comment

Originally posted by bonehead View Post
            Ipod for me. I can go days at a time and not hear the same song twice…unless i want to. Radio is crap and getting worse every day.
            Same here. MP3 player blue toothed to the car stereo.

Have over 100 albums plus about 100 songs. If I'm hearing the same song twice, I've been driving way too long.

Radio is crap. Do you know how hard it is to find a station in Florida that plays KPop?

Comment

For radio, I generally have 3 stations.

A classic rock out of San Anton, a Bob, and Magik. Usually, they are okay.

But I'm on the extreme of the San Anton, so that will fade fast if I move any distance, Bob can get into commercials, and Magik in the morning is talk.....and then I'm not interested. I H A T E talk radio.

The Forester has a tape deck and right now, the car is loaded with tapes, from 80's female vocalists to 70's groups to Tijuana Brass.

The F250 has the CD drive, so when I drive that, it's Martina and Shania, unless there is a CD I need to "review".

As far as an Ipod, I haven't gotten into those things yet. My sister in law, at the time, gave me one maybe 7-8 years back, but it was given with the fatal mistake. "Oh, and if you don't open it, you can upgrade it for even more memory!". So it didn't get open, it got stored in the loot box, and then the loot box got stored and "lost" as the new year took off in full swing.

If you want someone to enjoy a Christmas gift, have them use it when they open it.

Comment

Originally posted by Gun Grape View Post
                Same here. MP3 player blue toothed to the car stereo.

Have over 100 albums plus about 100 songs. If I'm hearing the same song twice, I've been driving way too long.

Radio is crap. Do you know how hard it is to find a station in Florida that plays KPop?

On long trips I used to make MP3 formatted CD's ( 8 hour play vs one) but the I pod put an end to all that. I had to get a car stereo that charged the i pod as well as play it. The radio also links to my phone for hands free talking. I will find out about the music in Florida next month as I will have a short layover in Orlando.

Comment

The Ipod sounds like the DSLR; a practically endless magazine so you just keep going and going and going and going...................

The problem, though, with an endless magazine is that the breaks or time keeping we had before is no longer there. With the DSLR, there was no longer the breaks I would take for film reloading and on a hot day, that can have a disadvantage.

With tapes or CD's, it's a good way to pass 2/3's-an hour on the road. Go through a tape and another hour done, but you don't realize it. With an endless magazine, that effect would be lost, for better or worse.

Comment

Don't have a car & don't spend much time in them. Last time I did was in Ethiopia. Eight days driving through the mountains with 2 guys & am MP3 of Ethiopian music. Later it was a similar experience in a beaten up old Peugot taxi. Between Harar & Dire Dawa we were forced to give 2 cops a ride to the next check point. I found myself wedged in next to a huge policeman with 'Jesus Love You' on his mobile phone listening to this classic. Fortunately I love Ethiopian music (in a curious twist I actually saw this guy in Australia the year before - my guide was very impressed ).

sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

Originally posted by Bigfella View Post
                      Don't have a car & don't spend much time in them.
                      In essence you are a New Yorker then :whome:
                      Last edited by Doktor; 14 Apr 14,, 13:25.

Comment

I like Bhangra Rap and Yo Yo Honey Singh in the truck while driving to work and back. Soothes my nerves.

My current favorite at the max my 6 speaker Harman Kardon can belt out -

Chaar bottle Vodka
                        Kaam mera roz ka
                        Na mujhko koi roke
                        Na kisi ne roka.. (x2)

Main rahoon saari raat in the bar
                        Daaru piyun lagaatar
                        Ek aadhi sab pee lete hain
                        Main to piyun botal chaar
                        Chaar bottle Vodka
                        Kaam mera roz ka
                        Na mujhko koi roke
                        Na kisi ne roka..

I wanna hangover tonight
                        I wanna hangover tonight
                        I wanna hangover tonight
                        I wanna hangover tonight

Char bottle Vodka
                        Kaam mera roz ka
                        Na mujhko koi roke
                        Na kisi ne roka.. (x2)

Saari raat daaru, subah nimbu-paani
                        Party karne waalon ki hai yehi kahaani
                        Pet bhar ke jitni bhi pee lo
                        Kisi ki bandi ko bhi hello
                        Hello baby how do you do?
                        Ek minute ko khad jaa tu
                        Pata ni mujhe yeh samajh ni aata
                        Mere saath kabhi koi club nahi aata
                        Apne palle se koi ni pilaata
                        Main pee loon zyada phir koi munh ni lagata
                        Kyun ki, kyun ki, kyun ki, kyun ki..

Char botal Vodka
                        Kaam mera roz ka
                        Na mujhko koi roke
                        Na kisi ne roka.. (x2)

I wanna hangover tonight
                        I wanna hangover tonight
                        I wanna hangover tonight
                        I wanna hangover tonight

Sooji-sooji aankhein meri yeh phir bhi dekho
                        Ladkiyon ko kaise yeh nihaarein, nihaarein..
                        Agle din uthu main hangover me phir bhi dekho
                        Lever mera Vodka pukaare (x2)

Kyun ki?

4 bottle Vodka
                        Kaam mera roz ka
                        Na mujhko koi roke
                        Na kisi ne roka.. (x5)

Comment

FM in India sucks big time, all stupid Bollywood songs. I use an Ipod classic 60 GB. 12000+ songs. The chances of a song repeating itself is 32 years.
                          Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

my car has a usb where i can plug in my flashdrive with mp3\wma files, no need for bluetooth or mp3 players anymore, a tiny flash has 32 gig of stuff on it, i do not remember where i used CD last time
                            "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote!" B. Franklin

Comment

BH, tell me more about this pay to listen radio.

Comment

Working...
                              X