• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/13/us/kansas-jewish-center-shooting/

Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center
    By CNN Staff
    April 13, 2014 -- Updated 2107 GMT (0507 HKT)

(CNN) -- Three people were dead Sunday after a shooting at the Jewish Community Center of Greater Kansas City in Overland Park, Kansas, an official said.

Shootings occurred at two locations, and one person is in custody, said Jason Rhodes, a spokesman for the Overland Park Fire Department.

A building at the center is on lockdown, and police are at the scene, the center said in a Facebook post.

CNN affiliate KSHB reported that there were two separate shootings at Jewish centers in the area -- one at the community center and one at an assisted living facility.

The FBI is at the scene working with local authorities investigating shootings that occurred at two locations, FBI spokesman Joel Sealer said.

At the time of the shooting, auditions for a dance competition and dance recitals were being held at the community center, KSHB said.

"This was a community center full of young teens, and they were on lockdown after the shots started. Some of these kids were taken into locker rooms and told to lay on the floor as the shots rang out," KSHB reporter Lisa Benson told CNN.
    So, anti-Semitism is dead, you tell me? Condolences to the dead, who died the day before Passover, the holiday of Freedom...
    Meddle not in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

Abusing Yellow is meant to be a labor of love, not something you sell to the highest bidder.

Originally posted by bigross86 View Post
    "Official: 3 dead after shooting at Kansas City-area Jewish center
    RIP to the victims and hope their close ones will find some comfort.
    So, anti-Semitism is dead, you tell me? Condolences to the dead, who died the day before Passover, the holiday of Freedom...
    Who said Anti-Semitism is dead? You are not with the program, nowadays it is everyone against the others.
    No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Can't get through the link. Was the shooter after specific people or Jews in general?
      Removing a single turd from the cesspool doesn't make any difference.

Comment

3 killed in shootings at Kansas City-area Jewish centers - CNN.com

Shooter's motive unclear
        The Anti-Defamation League described the shootings as "an unspeakable and heinous act of violence."
        "While it is too early to label these shootings as a hate crime, the fact that two Jewish institutions were targeted by the same individual just prior to the start of the Passover holiday is deeply troubling and certainly gives us pause," the organization said. "We have reached out to local, state and federal law enforcement and stand willing and able to offer guidance and assistance to the community if this incident turns out to have been motivated by anti-Semitism."
        The ADL said it warned last week of the increased possibility of violent attacks against community centers during the coming weeks, "which coincide both with the Passover holiday and Hitler's birthday on April 20, a day around which in the United States has historically been marked by extremist acts of violence and terrorism."
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Barukh atah Adonai Eloheinu melekh ha'olam, dayan ha-emet.
          sigpic

Comment

So, anti-Semitism is dead, you tell me?
            Says who?

This one is a hard core white supremacist:

The man accused of killing three people in attacks at a Jewish community center and Jewish retirement complex near Kansas City is a well-known white supremacist and former Ku Klux Klan leader who was once the subject of a nationwide manhunt.

Frazier Glenn Cross, of Aurora, Mo., was booked into Johnson County jail on a preliminary charge of first-degree murder after the attacks Sunday in Overland Park.

At a news conference, Overland Park police Chief John Douglass declined to publicly identify the man suspected in the attacks. But an official at the Olathe jail, speaking on the condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to discuss the case, identified the suspect as 73-year-old Frazier Glenn Cross, of Aurora, Mo.
            Supremacist ID'd as Suspect in Kansas Attacks - ABC News

Condolences to the dead, who died the day before Passover, the holiday of Freedom...
            Agreed. Terrible events.
            sigpic

Win nervously lose tragically - Reds C C

Comment

The event took place about 5 miles from where I live. I’m not sure what this guy hoped to accomplish since he obviously didn't bother to study his target. Despite the name of the place, both the staff and the clientele are predominantly Christian as is the vast majority of the community. While it won’t bring back those that were killed, I take some satisfaction knowing this asshole is headed for the executioner after a couple years in solitary confinement.

Comment

Sad incident. RIP.
                Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

Why is that all the 'white supremacists' I see in mug shots, news clippings etc should have nothing to feel superior about? I mean why do they all look like they've all been paddling in the shallow end of the gene pool.
                  If you are emotionally invested in 'believing' something is true you have lost the ability to tell if it is true.

Comment

Doesn't seem all that surprising if you think about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Monash View Post
                      Why is that all the 'white supremacists' I see in mug shots, news clippings etc should have nothing to feel superior about? I mean why do they all look like they've all been paddling in the shallow end of the gene pool.
                      Everyone is a bit narcissistic and likes to believe they are somehow special or important. Normal people can take some pride in their accomplishments, or in raising a family, or the work they do. I think the problem many of the “white supremacist” folks run into is that all the evidence in the world points to the fact they are not special, they are not important, and they haven’t done much to be proud of.

Since they aren’t smart, hardworking, or charismatic enough to find a way to fit into society and build a meaningful life, their brilliant solution is to try to drag some other groups down to feel some sense of superiority by saying “at least I’m not X”. If they continually act as if they are personally superior to blacks or Jews or whoever, despite ample evidence to the contrary, it becomes easy for them to blame all their trials and tribulations on the groups they dehumanize.

Comment

http://edition.cnn.com/2014/04/13/us/kansas-jewish-center-shooting/

" the holiday of Freedom "....

except in the west bank and gaza

Comment

Originally posted by SteveDaPirate View Post
                          Since they aren’t smart, hardworking, or charismatic enough to find a way to fit into society and build a meaningful life, their brilliant solution is to try to drag some other groups down to feel some sense of superiority by saying “at least I’m not X”. If they continually act as if they are personally superior to blacks or Jews or whoever, despite ample evidence to the contrary, it becomes easy for them to blame all their trials and tribulations on the groups they dehumanize.
                          Gee, sounds an awful lot like Hitler back in the late '30's/early '40's!
                          "There is never enough time to do or say all the things that we would wish. The thing is to try to do as much as you can in the time that you have. Remember Scrooge, time is short, and suddenly, you're not there any more." -Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge

Comment

Working...
                          X