Democracy is alive n well in Iraq

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nightowl View Post
    Isn't it about time we abandon the concept of "Iraq" and "Syria"?
    By "concept" you mean meddling with Internal Affairs of independent countries on false pretext?

Comment

What I mean is stop trying to keep a nation state intact that was created with no regard for religious, ethnic and tribal relations and cohesion. Clearly whatever lines they drew post-Ottomans are not working out. Let's just leave it alone, and let the process of nation forming take the next step. Kurdistan seems like a no-brainer.
      "Football is war."

-Rinus Michels

Comment

Go back to that map I posted, you have to redraw all of the Gulf states. Good luck. Best bet would be to let them Balkanize.
        No such thing as a good tax - Churchill

To make mistakes is human. To blame someone else for your mistake, is strategic.

Comment

Originally posted by Doktor View Post
          Go back to that map I posted, you have to redraw all of the Gulf states. Good luck. Best bet would be to let them Balkanize.
          All those gulf states were once drawn to begin with. But yeh, I'm leaning more towards Balkanisation. Let it all fall apart.
          "Football is war."

-Rinus Michels

Comment

Quantus has withdrawn civilian flights from over Iraq citing islamist threats , B/A is not , they say its safe , I hope those words dont come back to bite them on the arse if another flight is shot down .

Comment

FAA restricts flights over Iraq | Travel - KCCI Home

The FAA has issued a NOTAM regarding flight over Iraq as well. Hopefully won't get a repeat of Ukraine.

Comment

Working...
              X