Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shubh Prabhat Bharatwasiyon, Good Morning Indians, Good Morning all.

Tears all around. Even my eyes welled over. I agree in some ways I am being an old guard cuss here.

I have no right to spoil this moment (even by being myself and sincere) for every Indian here. Even for those who cannot stand Modi or the BJP or the RSS, this moment belongs to all of us.

Acche din aane wale hain.
    Last edited by sated buddha; 21 May 14,, 06:09.

Comment

• That's what beedi manufacturing does?
      Politicians are elected to serve...far too many don't see it that way - Albany Rifles! || Loyalty to country always. Loyalty to government, when it deserves it - Mark Twain! || I am a far left millennial!

Comment

• Originally posted by Oracle View Post
        That's what beedi manufacturing does?
        If you had simply told me you were a Bong all along, would have understood you better. The NE bit disoriented my radar.

Comment

• Modi ji yesterday bowed and touched his forehead to the ground before entering Parliament for the very first time yesterday. When asked, he called it the "Temple of Democracy." It was an emotional time for all, and even hardened cynics were taken abck by the open display of emotion. Clearly a sign of what this means to the party and the man. They have truly put their heart into this fight. I do not see them backing away from taking things to their natural conclusion for the country and their countrymen.

Incidentally the first time he entered the Gujarat Assembly was also after he became Chief Minister.

I find there to be a parallel in here to my thinking as well. To date in close to 25 years of riding bikes, I have owned 8 motorcycles. And each of them was the first of its kind/type I ever rode. Never did a test ride for even one.
          Attached Files

Comment

• The iron man of India wept. Modi ji clearly broke down while addressing his party within the Central Hall of the Parlianment as his first official address yesterday. While speaking he was clearly overcome by emotion, his voice choked up, and he bowed his head and wept. Then he asked for a glass of water to compose himself. Even hardcore cynics were taken aback and no one could deny that we were seeing a man who had his heart and soul in this.

Earlier to this Advani ji had broken down and wept openly when Modi ji touched his feet. I saw many senior leaders and hardened politicians openly weeping in the stands. Rajnath Singh ji was openly weeping. Sushma ji had tears running down her usually fiery cheeks. Ravi Shankar Prasad ji was obviously overcome and was seen wiping away the tears from under his specs. It was a truly unprecedented scene of an emotional catharsis of a party coming together after storming the country. I have never in my life seen our leaders and politicians crying openly like this. It truly shows what this means to them, and what most of us are yet still to realise. As I hope each of us shall in the days to come.

P.S. And yes, my eyes are unashamedly moist as I type this.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by sated buddha; 21 May 14,, 08:09.

Comment

• A good speech. I am glad to see this bit of humility and look forward to see what he can deliver. I wish him all the best. I do not agree with his social politics but whole heartedly agree with his small, efficient, business friendly government approach.
              "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by sated buddha View Post
                Modi ji yesterday bowed and touched his forehead to the ground before entering Parliament for the very first time yesterday. When asked, he called it the "Temple of Democracy." It was an emotional time for all, and even hardened cynics were taken abck by the open display of emotion. Clearly a sign of what this means to the party and the man. They have truly put their heart into this fight. I do not see them backing away from taking things to their natural conclusion for the country and their countrymen.

Incidentally the first time he entered the Gujarat Assembly was also after he became Chief Minister.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36884[/ATTACH]

I find there to be a parallel in here to my thinking as well. To date in close to 25 years of riding bikes, I have owned 8 motorcycles. And each of them was the first of its kind/type I ever rode. Never did a test ride for even one.
                That's not so odd. Out of my 3 handguns and 2 rifles, I had test fired none. Very happy with all of them though. Just received one today.
                "Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God?" ~ Epicurus

Comment

• Originally posted by antimony View Post
                  That's not so odd. Out of my 3 handguns and 2 rifles, I had test fired none. Very happy with all of them though. Just received one today.
                  Well out of my 8 bikes, only 2 disappointed. I always go by my gut. Sure I know all the specs and stuff, but its always heart over head for me when it comes to my bikes.

Comment

• Thread Closed while under review from Mod Team
                    Linkeden:
                    http://au.linkedin.com/pub/gary-fairlie/1/28a/2a2
                    http://cofda.wordpress.com/

Comment

Working...
                    X